Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 503468 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #1410 on: June 06, 2024, 12:26:35 pm »
Um, that only shows experience, doesn't it? Which is of no use if you're kill-farming (presumably because you're after some sort of kills-related commendation).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 06, 2024, 12:31:18 pm »
correct

judging by the screenshot of a rookie, I assume he's after promotions, not commendations

Offline aziza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 06, 2024, 01:09:33 pm »
judging by the screenshot of a rookie, I assume he's after promotions
yup

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 23, 2024, 09:56:07 am »
I'd like to provide some feedback to help improve the user experience. I've been playing Xpiratez on Android, and while the story is great, the most frustrating part is equipping the squad before a mission. On Android, I can't use the hotkeys like unequipping a particular item. Instead, I have to scroll through the "ground screen," find an empty space, and manually drag the item to the ground.

Offline 75338

• Sergeant
  • Rogue. D2X HC SP. WoW filmmaker. Epic 40K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 23, 2024, 11:05:39 pm »
Playing OXCE FMP and just had my first Base Defense, now all my hangars and craft are gone - this is intended behaviour??

Holy heck...

Nvm, this is not an OXCE or FMP issue, just something I'd never seen before in ~30 years of playing this off and on. https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Base_Facilities_(EU)

Apparently one single not terrain-damaging explosion at 1:18:30 in this video was enough to cause the loss of all three hangars: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2179774439?t=01h18m24s

Alternatively, coulda been me shooting off a Multi-Launcher (again, no visible terrain damage) at the Access Lift. Heh.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 01:17:57 am by 75338 »

Offline jnarical

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 24, 2024, 02:54:24 pm »
Apparently one single not terrain-damaging explosion at 1:18:30 in this video was enough to cause the loss of all three hangars: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2179774439?t=01h18m24s

Alternatively, coulda been me shooting off a Multi-Launcher (again, no visible terrain damage) at the Access Lift. Heh.
Yep, you gotta be careful in base defence missions.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 24, 2024, 06:27:08 pm »
Yep, you gotta be careful in base defence missions.
On YouTube, one of the comments recently described a strange outcome of a base defense mission, when after using heavy weapons... the Access Lift module disappeared.  At the same time, 3 hangars lost contact with all other modules of the base.  But there was no more information and it is unclear how this could happen, because the Access Lift should be indestructible.  True, the base was changed by a mod, maybe that’s the problem.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1417 on: June 24, 2024, 08:41:48 pm »
I swear I haven't done anything to make the access lift destructible... :)