Author Topic: [Suggestion] QoL: Add currently worn armor to soldier armor selection screen.  (Read 972 times)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Currently the armor (family) worn by the selected soldier will not be visible if there are none left in base stock.
This could lead to situations where one would first need to dress up in a different armor and then revisit screen to see (family of) the previously equipped armor.

My proposal is to change the algorithm to always include the armor family for the one worn by the currently selected soldier.
This makes equipping (or using MMB to see current armor pedia) a bit more convenient.

Please note that the benefit is limited to use cases where armor sharing is 'needed'.
- Newly discovered armor used extensively by player but manufacture has not caught up yet.
- Not enough supplies to manufacture/buy desired amount of armors.

At the moment I have a working proof of concept for this functionality on my personal branches.
Before casting it into a PR (or outsource it to the main devs) it's probably wise to check if it is actually deemed desirable.

Any thoughts?

P.s. With armor family I'm referring to armors sharing the same store item.
P.p.s. See attached image if unsure about the screen I was referring to.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
That would be quite helpful in mods where the same item is used for multiple armours. For example shield/no shield versions. And you want to change a plate mail + shield for a plate mail with no shield, and you don't have any spares.