Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 441057 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« on: September 17, 2018, 05:28:34 pm »
Good news everyone!

OXCE and OXCE+ have merged together!

Starting with version 5.0, there will be only one "extended version"... and we decided to stick with the name "OpenXcom Extended" or "OXCE" for short.

I will be slowly renaming anything important from OXCE+ to just OXCE... please have some patience, it will take a bit of time.

I have also locked the original OXCE and OXCE+ discussion threads, please continue the discussion in this common thread.

As for technical info:
- the main common GitHub repository is: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/
- Yankes' repo is effectively frozen
- both myself and Yankes have full and equal commit rights to the common repository

The new and shiny OXCE 5.0 can be officially downloaded from here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Cheers,
Meridian
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:13:55 pm by Meridian »

Offline Whispers

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom Extended (OXCE) main thread
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 07:26:32 pm »
Nice one!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 07:42:15 pm »
The king is dead, long live the king! :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 04:49:18 pm »
Hello again everyone,

I have deleted several posts above, because they would confuse other people reading this thread.

To make it absolutely clear:
- OXCE now contains all features from OXCE+ ... nothing is lost
- we have increased major version of OXCE to v5.0 to remove any possible remaining confusion

I have also built a new version for all common platforms: Windows, Android, MacOS and Ubuntu.
You can find them on the usual place: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Enjoy!

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 11:37:36 pm »
Thanks so much. With a quick inspection - all the same as in OXCE+. And the actual "Readme"will?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 10:52:52 pm »
New OXCE v5.1 is up.

2018-10-03
 - Translation updates
 - Unhardcoded recovery dividers for special items: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6616.0.html
 - Sell/Sack GUI M-click logic update: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6612.msg104401.html#msg104401
 - In debug mode, show all units on the minimap too
 - Don't use piloted interceptors in New Battle mode
 - Added armor flag to prevent moving (see below)
 - Hide "Not awarded yet" button (in Commendations Pedia) when not needed
 - Added mod option to give full score also for researched artifacts/captives (see below)
 - Removed "coup de grace" user option
 - Increased the globe country label width by 50%
 - All soldier lists can now be reordered with the mouse wheel (by BTAxis)
 - -cont/-continue command line arg to load the last saved game at start
 - (Intentionally) Crash on missing research ruleset (instead of just logging and ignoring it)
 - Fixed bug that prevented 'sniper' AI from attacking
 - Fix crash on map light calculation
 - Reduced mod loading time and memory usage by lazy-loading extraSprites: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3287.msg104264.html#msg104264
 - Modifier for morale loss (by unit/soldier type) when a unit is killed: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6615.0.html
 - Ctrl + M-click = Mind probe (in debug mode)
 - Introduced Multi-Layered Paperdolls: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6290.msg104464.html#msg104464
 - Alternative (shorter) ruleset for defining single sprites (see Layered paperdolls thread above for examples)

Download: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Requested by The Reaver of Darkness:
Code: [Select]
giveScoreAlsoForResearchedArtifacts: true   # default is false; when true researched artifacts and interrogated prisoners still give full score in debriefing

Requested by bulletdesigner:
Code: [Select]
armors:
  - type: STR_FLYING_SUIT_UC
    allowsMoving: false       # disables all kinds of movement, except for turning around on the spot

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 08:59:57 am »
- Don't use piloted interceptors in New Battle mode

Is this about geoscape or battlescape? Can elaborate on what that means?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 07:56:06 pm »
Is this about geoscape or battlescape? Can elaborate on what that means?

It means that interceptors that support just a few soldiers/pilots, and have "allowLanding: false" will not be available to use in the combat simulator (New Battle mode).

Requested here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5566.msg104348.html#msg104348

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 08:41:09 pm »
It means that interceptors that support just a few soldiers/pilots, and have "allowLanding: false" will not be available to use in the combat simulator (New Battle mode).

Understood. Thanks for the update.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 01:53:22 am »
May I request a simple feature? fuelMax increases craft fuel by an additive amount. Can I have a variant stat that boosts it by a percentage?

Alternative request: a fuel stat which increases the fuel max by an integer relating to its refueling item. Example: a firestorm gains 5 fuel per unit of elerium. If you give it a modification with fuelStorage: 3 then its fuel increases by 15, and it takes 3 more elerium to refuel. This way the fuel bonus is additive but takes craft fuel efficiency into account.

The second one is the one I am more interested in, however I'll take either one.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:57:28 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 02:34:56 am »
What exactly you want to achieve? Overall adding multiplicative will be very hard because what you will multiply? Right now stats are additive because you can easy add and subtract values in any order you want but when you add multiply in mix then you can have multiple answers depending on order.

I could made other thing, instead of changing `fuelMax` I could change fuel usage in multiplicate way. This could have interesting gameplay decisions like: boosters that make craft faster but reduce range.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 03:26:17 am »
I could go for that. Mostly I want the fuel mods to have some better balance between craft with highly differing efficiencies. I have elerium refuel rates all the way from 5 to 100 across the several craft in my armada. If I make an elerium fuel mod which increases fuel capacity by 30, the Firestorm can use it to go twice as far but the Stalker gains only 3% flight time.

It would be nice to have an option to change fuel efficiency as a separate feature, but I'd like to be able to improve flight time without improving efficiency, and still have the change work well for craft of different base efficiencies.

- - -
Here's some math for my above idea about increasing fuel items:

fuelStorage: A
refuelRate: B
aircraft fuelMax: Xa
mod stat|fuelMax: Xb
net fuelMax: X
X = (A*B) + Xa + Xb

So the way it works is it's all additive. If your aircraft has a fuelMax of 60 and a refuelRate of 15, it takes 4 fuel items to fill it up and it flies for 600 minutes (10 hours). If you then add a mod which gives it fuelMax: 20, its fuelMax goes up to 80 and it now takes 6 fuel items to fill up, and it flies for 13h20m. If you then add another mod which gives it fuelItems: 3, it increases its net fuelMax to 125, it now takes 9 fuel items to fill up, and it flies for 20h50m.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:39:40 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 12:33:30 pm »
I somehow fail to understand the examples.
For example, if a craft had fuelMax 60 and you mod it to have fuelMax 20, it won't be 80... it will just be 20.

If you can please rewrite the example with real ruleset attribute names (instead of "fuelStorage", "mod stat|fuelMax" etc. ) and real values, it would help me understand it.

Also, the formula is wrong, no matter how I look at it... aircraft's net fuelMax is just its fuelMax plus fuelMax of all its equipped "weapons".
So X = Xa + (Y1 + Y2 + Y3 + Y4), where Y1-Y4 are fuelMax of the equipped weapons.
Your variables A and B are nowhere in the formula, and I don't even know what Xb is supposed to be.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 05:09:51 pm »
I think what's needed are bigger fuel tanks that can't be equipped on a smaller craft.
So, I dunno, make more craft slot types?

EDIT:
or make the same fuel tank's capacity vary by the craft it's mounted on? It that what you're suggesting, Reaver?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:13:17 pm by Stoddard »

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »
or make the same fuel tank's capacity vary by the craft it's mounted on? It that what you're suggesting, Reaver?
As far as I understood his idea, he suggests changing the fuel efficiency, and not the amount of fuel itself. The use of some parts increases the amount of fuel, the use of other parts increases the flight distance by a certain percentage (through multiplication) with the same amount of fuel. Therefore, in the formula there is an addition (for additional fuel tanks) and multiplication (for engine improvements). But maybe I did not understand him that way.