aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 445577 times)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:27 pm »
I already gave two solutions. Just limit bravery in the damage multiplier to 100 or 110. It's 100% vanilla compatible as vanilla does not allow bravery over 100 anyway.
It's a simple overflow bug where modding has enabled a variable to have higher values than vanilla intended. Same as if you mod in a weapon dealing 1000 damage and it suddenly heals and not kills.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:49:18 pm by Eddie »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2019, 12:39:39 am »
Monthly report, text out of screen, scroll bar in future releases may be?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2019, 12:45:32 am »
Monthly report, text out of screen, scroll bar in future releases may be?

Unfortunately, I cannot add a scrollbar there, sorry.

But I agree with you, it's a bug.

Offline Yeoman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2019, 03:52:33 pm »
Playing Reaver's megamod on 5.4.1, one of my bases (Turquino) has a live alien listed in the storage even though I don't have an alien containment facility for that base. Can't tell when that alien got there.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2019, 04:21:53 pm »
Let's back to dogfight speed. I don't know is this a bug or not, but if you encounter USO under land and pursuit it with fast speed (1 minute or more) as soon as it going to water and dogfight phase begins, speed of your interceptor not drops down to 5 seconds when USO successfully drowned. Can not provide any save files, you have to check it manually.

Changed.

I already gave two solutions. Just limit bravery in the damage multiplier to 100 or 110. It's 100% vanilla compatible as vanilla does not allow bravery over 100 anyway.
It's a simple overflow bug where modding has enabled a variable to have higher values than vanilla intended. Same as if you mod in a weapon dealing 1000 damage and it suddenly heals and not kills.

Feature removed.

Playing Reaver's megamod on 5.4.1, one of my bases (Turquino) has a live alien listed in the storage even though I don't have an alien containment facility for that base. Can't tell when that alien got there.

I don't see how I can help here.
Maybe report to Reaver?

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2019, 08:44:09 pm »
How the dept warning system working? Last month I got no warning as usual and went to minus more than 1 mil. I quickly sold some staff and fixed my balance, but why no waning this time? Assume what this happened because I spend some money at last day of month below warning threshold?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2019, 01:15:22 am »
Playing Reaver's megamod on 5.4.1
Always report to the mod before reporting to the base game. Also, my Faithful megamod is vanilla.

I'll take a look into it but please post about it in my mod page:
[UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2019, 07:58:44 pm »
New OXCE v5.5 is up.

2019-05-19
 - Deselect all hotkey (default X) in Psi/Martial Training GUIs
 - Remember mission target and craft/base even after the briefing
 - Added "Highlight new topics" user option
 - Bravery now can't decrease morale change below zero percent
 - Required base services in "We can now..." GUIs
 - Starting conditions: allowed/forbidden soldier types
 - Starting conditions: forbidden items and item categories
 - Starting conditions: forbidden vehicles support
 - Starting conditions: forbidden armors support
 - Starting conditions: forbidden craft support
 - BREAKING CHANGE: split Starting conditions (into Starting Conditions and Enviro Effects): https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4444.msg113226.html#msg113226
 - Fixed dogfight for HKs with extremely short range
 - Manufacture dependency tree now shows also base facilities
 - Added optional research requirement for armor equip, see 'requires' armor attribute in NRR
 - New attribute for mind shield power, see 'mindPower' facility attribute in NRR
 - User option to remember disabled craft weapons after dogfight (+no rearm)
 - Draw dogfight icons also for craft equipment
 - Improved pedia articles for tractor beams
 - Extra NV button for Android
 - Removed the facility teleport cheat
 - Updated kill/sell button logic in alien containment
 - Added arc script: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7125.0.html
 - Updated OXC and OXCE language files
 - various bugfixes

Download: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

NRR: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_(OpenXcom)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2019, 08:15:00 pm »
So morale damage is no longer inversed when above BRA 110? Not a big thing, but, EDDIE, why? Why did you do that to me? Why do you hate me? (We both know that only Piratez use >110 BRA) I just only learned about it now.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2019, 09:18:13 pm »
- Draw dogfight icons also for craft equipment
Yay!

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2019, 02:09:37 am »
So morale damage is no longer inversed when above BRA 110? Not a big thing, but, EDDIE, why? Why did you do that to me? Why do you hate me? (We both know that only Piratez use >110 BRA) I just only learned about it now.
https://xkcd.com/1172/

I think bravery damage inversion is far more likely to be problematic than useful. And more importantly, it seems reasonable to ask for the use as a separate feature: a feature in which it's possible to declare a state that causes some units to have morale restored under certain conditions. Maybe the end result will give you MORE control than you ever had before.

I support the change. It doesn't currently affect my mod either way, but if it ever did it'd be negatively.

P.S.: My upcoming mod has >110 BRA.

- - - - - - - - - -

Meridian:

Thank you so much for everything you do! I could never repay you for all your work, so the best I can do instead is show the value of your work by using it to better my mod. The following suggestion is merely tossing ideas against the wall. I put you under no pressure to set any of it into action. Feel free to ignore anything I say here.

Here's some suggestions to perhaps cover for Dioxine's needs while also opening up an entire new angle to modding involving morale management. Should you pursue this suggestion, you can expect to see more people finding more ways to break their mods. It's a labor of love, and every time someone asks for a new feature to get out of a corner they drove themselves into, it's a way of saying "I love all these options and it inspires my creativity!".

A.) Add a damageAlter which deals (or heals) damage to morale, and can be based on a resistance. If the resistance number declared is -1, then it uses bravery as we understand (including healing for bravery 120+). If it's 0, then it deals the morale change regardless of other considerations. It should allow for negative numbers on the effect value, so you can make something that heals morale to anyone (even lily-livered), or you could even make something that heals MORE morale the LESS brave the soldier is.

B.) Add an option for medi-kits to make the pain killer option heal morale damage that wasn't caused by injury.
painKillerType:
0 = vanilla (only heals morale lost by injury
1 = only heals morale lost by psi/use/item effects
2 = only heals morale lost by friendly deaths
3 = 0&1
4 = 0&2
5 = 1&2
6 = all three (always heals morale)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2019, 02:11:22 am »
About scrollbar on month report screen, if it possible here:

why it's not possible there? Breaks too much code of original project? Sorry for being stubborn. Just wondering.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2019, 05:27:20 am »
The listbox component supports scrollbar, the textbox component doesn't.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2019, 07:50:04 pm »
Not sure what this right forum but since I'm using OXCE asking here: is it possible to add stun, wounded and other marks to 2x2 enemies like Hallucinoids? Or this is already present?  May be I just missing it with my guns, so no damage signs?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2019, 08:14:55 pm »
Not sure what this right forum but since I'm using OXCE asking here: is it possible to add stun, wounded and other marks to 2x2 enemies like Hallucinoids? Or this is already present?  May be I just missing it with my guns, so no damage signs?