Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 440955 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2019, 11:44:09 pm »
You can do it in vanilla. Disable all mods and make a new game. Take the cannon off your first interceptor, then put it back on. It'll say rearming: 2 hours. After 1 hour the cannon has 100/200 rounds, and it says rearming: 1 hour. After 2 hours the cannon has 200/200 rounds and it says rearming: 1 hour.

- - - -

Can we have an option to increase the number of mind shields that a base facility may count as? For example:
Code: [Select]
facilities:
  - type: STR_MIND_SHIELD
    mindPower: 1
  - type: STR_LARGE_MIND_SHIELD
    size: 2
    mindPower: 6
  - type: STR_ADVANCED_MIND_SHIELD
    mindPower: 2
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 11:50:57 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2019, 11:54:21 pm »
You can do it in vanilla. Disable all mods and make a new game. Take the cannon off your first interceptor, then put it back on. It'll say rearming: 2 hours. After 1 hour the cannon has 100/200 rounds, and it says rearming: 1 hour. After 2 hours the cannon has 200/200 rounds and it says rearming: 1 hour.

OK, I will have a look.

Can we have an option to increase the number of mind shields that a base facility may count as? For example:
facilities:
  - type: STR_MIND_SHIELD
    mindPower: 1
  - type: STR_LARGE_MIND_SHIELD
    size: 2
    mindPower: 5
  - type: STR_ADVANCED_MIND_SHIELD
    mindPower: 2

Yes, todolisted.

Also, FWIW, I am very glad that someone has also requirements like this.
I am pretty sick of (almost) all modders making me build 10 alien containments, 20 workshops, 30 labs and a gazillion of storage/living space facilities.
Making small compact efficient bases is beautiful.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2019, 12:08:36 am »
Making small compact efficient bases is beautiful.

While we're at it, may I request a global variable to make grav shields stack?

vars:
    gravStacking: true

It won't significantly increase base defense power in most setups, but may allow you to slightly reduce the number of facilities used. Such as: 1 grav shield and 5 fusion defense = 10x fusion defense for 6 facility space. But 2 grav shield and 3 fusion defense = 9x fusion defense for 5 facility space.

On the other hand, mods like Tech-Comm might implement using large fractions of your base for defense, and trying to calculate how many grav shields vs defenses gives you the best ratio.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:12:20 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2019, 02:12:27 pm »
Question about tech viewer: What all those "-,=,#" marks means, and how I can determine which project is easily or harder? If possible answer with some examples. 

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2019, 02:33:03 pm »
Very good question, I had been wondering about those symbols as well.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2019, 12:41:58 pm »
I noticed that only weapon-type craftWepons are shown on the interception window. Passive craftWeapons, such as one that grants extra speed, accuracy, and so on, are not.
Would it be possible to show them too (obviously omitting the range indicator, since they don't have any)? I think it would be useful, and especially more cool, to show them.
I guess this is sort of a selfish request, but I just finished a bunch of icons and seeing them not appear was disappointing :P.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »
I noticed that only weapon-type craftWepons are shown on the interception window. Passive craftWeapons, such as one that grants extra speed, accuracy, and so on, are not.
Would it be possible to show them too (obviously omitting the range indicator, since they don't have any)? I think it would be useful, and especially more cool, to show them.
I guess this is sort of a selfish request, but I just finished a bunch of icons and seeing them not appear was disappointing :P.

yes

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2019, 08:05:08 pm »
After upgrading from a previous version i've noticed that terrain damage seems to be applied before the actual hit animation has played. Is this intended?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2019, 08:06:32 pm »
After upgrading from a previous version i've noticed that terrain damage seems to be applied before the actual hit animation has played. Is this intended?

From which version to which version?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2019, 08:27:05 pm »
5.3.0 to 5.4.1

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2019, 10:20:59 pm »
Yeah, this seems to be the relevant change: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/73c9eb39d15af4e1a02600fdfd97b848c4292c4c

I forgot what the reason was, maybe Yankes can clarify.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2019, 10:30:00 pm »
Yes, this is intended, this is change made in propose of future changes and refactors.
Terrain is change because bullet physically hit at that moment, and after bullet hit/explosion animation will play.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2019, 09:58:29 am »
Terrain is change because bullet physically hit at that moment, and after bullet hit/explosion animation will play.
It is thrue in theory, but explosives now looks strange. But if it needed, then it needed...

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2019, 10:59:28 am »
Doesn't this break vanilla behaviour/animation cycles?

As Nord has pointed out this looks extremely odd atm, since the terrain breaks before the projectile hit animation plays out.

Might i suggest moving this change into a seperate dev-branch until this has been sorted out? I'd like to use a version of OXCE that doesn't randomly crash, but right now i'd actually prefer the game to randomly crash instead of having precognitive terrain tiles.

With what version were these changes introduced?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 02:04:57 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2019, 02:56:44 pm »
Can we have option auto set timer after dog fight to 5 seconds automatically? Can we have option auto zoom out world map if USO could not be reached due to depth? Same if can not be reached under land. All questions consider TFTD. May be I missed something so I add it here later.