Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 24480 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
Re: OpenXcom Extended (OXCE) main thread
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »
Wouldn't it be preferable for encumbrance/wound penalties to be applied before cumulating TUs, so a heavily over encumbered dog could build up enough TUs over several turns to drop the corpse in its backpack. (Not that such an issue happened to me :P ) Also have a minimum of 1 TU regenerated per turn.

Not vanilla compatible... it would mean that there are never any penalties in vanilla.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2019, 09:16:41 pm »
This kind of penalty can be written using scripts - I recently re-wrote overweight penalties in the 40k mod to apply to energy instead of TUs.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2019, 09:35:23 pm »
This kind of penalty can be written using scripts - I recently re-wrote overweight penalties in the 40k mod to apply to energy instead of TUs.

That would require editing tags on every armour in the game, right?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2019, 09:39:19 pm »
No, not necessarily. I wrote a single, global script to handle this. Any exceptions can be made at the armor or item level, but the base mechanics didn't require extra script ruleset tags on every armor.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2019, 09:41:11 pm »
No, not necessarily. I wrote a single, global script to handle this. Any exceptions can be made at the armor or item level, but the base mechanics didn't require extra script ruleset tags on every armor.

That's way better than I expected!
Not going to run with this straight away or anything, but could you share this script? It sounds potentially relevant to any mod.

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2019, 09:42:47 pm »
Thanks for your work! If I update to 5.4 could i play my 5.3.2 savegame without problems?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2019, 08:53:57 pm »
1 hour difference is caused by the fact that separate refuel/rearm/repair times are calculated rounded to whole hours up... but the actual actions are performed in 30 minute intervals; so something that takes 0.5+0.5+0.5  = 1.5 hours is shown as 1+1+1 = 3 hours (instead of 2 hours)

I'm talking about how every time the craft says X hours, X hours later it says it's 100% complete but still in-process. It seems to put the craft in ready status at the end of the first time slot for which nothing is done to it, and not at the beginning of that time slot. It works the same whether it's doing things on multiple parts of the craft or not--example, loading a weapon that takes 2 hours, it says it takes 2 hours and it properly fills ammo 4 times in that 2 hours, but the weapon will be full and the craft still says Rearming.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:55:33 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2019, 09:02:46 pm »
I'm talking about how every time the craft says X hours, X hours later it says it's 100% complete but still in-process. It seems to put the craft in ready status at the end of the first time slot for which nothing is done to it, and not at the beginning of that time slot. It works the same whether it's doing things on multiple parts of the craft or not--example, loading a weapon that takes 2 hours, it says it takes 2 hours and it properly fills ammo 4 times in that 2 hours, but the weapon will be full and the craft still says Rearming.

Sorry, I did not understand any of this.

Please provide a starting save, screenshot of each step and which number is correct and which is wrong.

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2019, 11:44:09 pm »
You can do it in vanilla. Disable all mods and make a new game. Take the cannon off your first interceptor, then put it back on. It'll say rearming: 2 hours. After 1 hour the cannon has 100/200 rounds, and it says rearming: 1 hour. After 2 hours the cannon has 200/200 rounds and it says rearming: 1 hour.

- - - -

Can we have an option to increase the number of mind shields that a base facility may count as? For example:
Code: [Select]
facilities:
  - type: STR_MIND_SHIELD
    mindPower: 1
  - type: STR_LARGE_MIND_SHIELD
    size: 2
    mindPower: 6
  - type: STR_ADVANCED_MIND_SHIELD
    mindPower: 2
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 11:50:57 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2019, 11:54:21 pm »
You can do it in vanilla. Disable all mods and make a new game. Take the cannon off your first interceptor, then put it back on. It'll say rearming: 2 hours. After 1 hour the cannon has 100/200 rounds, and it says rearming: 1 hour. After 2 hours the cannon has 200/200 rounds and it says rearming: 1 hour.

OK, I will have a look.

Can we have an option to increase the number of mind shields that a base facility may count as? For example:
facilities:
  - type: STR_MIND_SHIELD
    mindPower: 1
  - type: STR_LARGE_MIND_SHIELD
    size: 2
    mindPower: 5
  - type: STR_ADVANCED_MIND_SHIELD
    mindPower: 2

Yes, todolisted.

Also, FWIW, I am very glad that someone has also requirements like this.
I am pretty sick of (almost) all modders making me build 10 alien containments, 20 workshops, 30 labs and a gazillion of storage/living space facilities.
Making small compact efficient bases is beautiful.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2019, 12:08:36 am »
Making small compact efficient bases is beautiful.

While we're at it, may I request a global variable to make grav shields stack?

vars:
    gravStacking: true

It won't significantly increase base defense power in most setups, but may allow you to slightly reduce the number of facilities used. Such as: 1 grav shield and 5 fusion defense = 10x fusion defense for 6 facility space. But 2 grav shield and 3 fusion defense = 9x fusion defense for 5 facility space.

On the other hand, mods like Tech-Comm might implement using large fractions of your base for defense, and trying to calculate how many grav shields vs defenses gives you the best ratio.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:12:20 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2019, 02:12:27 pm »
Question about tech viewer: What all those "-,=,#" marks means, and how I can determine which project is easily or harder? If possible answer with some examples. 

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2019, 02:33:03 pm »
Very good question, I had been wondering about those symbols as well.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2019, 12:41:58 pm »
I noticed that only weapon-type craftWepons are shown on the interception window. Passive craftWeapons, such as one that grants extra speed, accuracy, and so on, are not.
Would it be possible to show them too (obviously omitting the range indicator, since they don't have any)? I think it would be useful, and especially more cool, to show them.
I guess this is sort of a selfish request, but I just finished a bunch of icons and seeing them not appear was disappointing :P.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »
I noticed that only weapon-type craftWepons are shown on the interception window. Passive craftWeapons, such as one that grants extra speed, accuracy, and so on, are not.
Would it be possible to show them too (obviously omitting the range indicator, since they don't have any)? I think it would be useful, and especially more cool, to show them.
I guess this is sort of a selfish request, but I just finished a bunch of icons and seeing them not appear was disappointing :P.

yes