aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 440973 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom Extended (OXCE) main thread
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2019, 07:22:18 pm »
Thanks! I attached them.

These two are same... are you getting the warning when you move one of them to the other platform?

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2019, 07:51:56 pm »
These two are same... are you getting the warning when you move one of them to the other platform?

Yes, From pc to Android. From android to pc there is no warning

Edit: it's my fault, on tablet is ok. problem is on my phone. I will check configuration again

Sorry
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 11:27:19 pm by Lecitron »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2019, 04:32:38 pm »
New OXCE v5.4 is up.

2019-04-22
 - Added ability to decide whether to kill or sell aliens in alien containment
 - Added option to prevent or allow loading an item to craft inventory: see 'ignoreInCraftEquip' attribute in nightly ruleset reference (NRR)
 - Training Finished popup now shows the base name too
 - Show cause of death (killer & weapon) on diary overview
 - Shift+click to swap loaded ammo
 - Shift+click for instant unload
 - Ctrl+Alt+j/k to stun/kill all aliens EXCEPT under the cursor
 - Sort soldiers by name instead of just by first letter
 - Skip zero-quantity craft/soldier types in Monthly Costs breakdown: see 'forceShowInMonthlyCosts' attribute in NRR
 - Added "extraRandomItems" attribute to alien deployment: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7055.msg111746.html#msg111746
 - Added "randomRace" attribute to alien deployment: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7065.msg111733.html#msg111733
 - Manufacture/Purchase links from "Cannot Reequip" GUI
 - Added mod option to build infiltration bases near countries: see 'buildInfiltrationBaseCloseToTheCountry' attribute in NRR
 - Added a chance for environmental conditions being applied or not (per battle): see 'globalChance' attribute in NRR
 - Global Production Overview (default hotkey 'P')
 - Added craft weapon ruleset option to hide stat info in Ufopedia: see 'hidePediaInfo' attribute in NRR
 - Added item ruleset option to hide damage info in Ufopedia: see 'hidePower' attribute in NRR
 - Add multi page support for Ufopaedia articles: see 'pages' attribute in NRR
 - Mission bounty item now supports item transformations
 - Allowed other attack types (e.g. snap or auto) for launcher weapons
 - TU recovery each turn is now additive (same as e.g. energy recovery), cannot go over maximum, encumberance/wound penalties are applied at the end
 - Added random manufacturing summary GUI
 - various bugfixes

Download: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

NRR: Nightly ruleset reference
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:44:35 pm by Meridian »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2019, 09:08:05 pm »
Nice!

Is the option of always be able to transfer the loot after battle (versus only when there is no more room), still on the to-do-some-day list ?

EDIT:
New OXCE v5.4 is up.
 - Shift+click to swap loaded ammo
 - Shift+click for instant unload
I can unload the ammo directly to the ground if Shift+click. What the other option does?
It appears there are many more keyboard shortcuts than those found in the Options Menu.  Is there a page with all of the OXCE current controls available to the player ?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:49:45 am by Alex_D »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2019, 06:04:02 pm »
Thank you for the work and update.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2019, 06:25:49 pm »
EDIT:I can unload the ammo directly to the ground if Shift+click. What the other option does?

If you are holding an ammo in the hand already, you can use shift+click to swap that ammo with an already loaded ammo in the gun.
I.e. "ammo swap" instead of "unload + load"

It appears there are many more keyboard shortcuts than those found in the Options Menu.  Is there a page with all of the OXCE current controls available to the player ?

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6424.0.html

If there is something missing, you're more than welcome to add it.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2019, 08:10:13 pm »
- TU recovery each turn is now additive (same as e.g. energy recovery), cannot go over maximum, encumberance/wound penalties are applied at the end

Wouldn't it be preferable for encumbrance/wound penalties to be applied before cumulating TUs, so a heavily over encumbered dog could build up enough TUs over several turns to drop the corpse in its backpack. (Not that such an issue happened to me :P ) Also have a minimum of 1 TU regenerated per turn.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:20:23 pm by karnaugh_map »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »
Wouldn't it be preferable for encumbrance/wound penalties to be applied before cumulating TUs, so a heavily over encumbered dog could build up enough TUs over several turns to drop the corpse in its backpack. (Not that such an issue happened to me :P ) Also have a minimum of 1 TU regenerated per turn.

Not vanilla compatible... it would mean that there are never any penalties in vanilla.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2019, 09:16:41 pm »
This kind of penalty can be written using scripts - I recently re-wrote overweight penalties in the 40k mod to apply to energy instead of TUs.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2019, 09:35:23 pm »
This kind of penalty can be written using scripts - I recently re-wrote overweight penalties in the 40k mod to apply to energy instead of TUs.

That would require editing tags on every armour in the game, right?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2019, 09:39:19 pm »
No, not necessarily. I wrote a single, global script to handle this. Any exceptions can be made at the armor or item level, but the base mechanics didn't require extra script ruleset tags on every armor.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2019, 09:41:11 pm »
No, not necessarily. I wrote a single, global script to handle this. Any exceptions can be made at the armor or item level, but the base mechanics didn't require extra script ruleset tags on every armor.

That's way better than I expected!
Not going to run with this straight away or anything, but could you share this script? It sounds potentially relevant to any mod.

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2019, 09:42:47 pm »
Thanks for your work! If I update to 5.4 could i play my 5.3.2 savegame without problems?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2019, 08:53:57 pm »
1 hour difference is caused by the fact that separate refuel/rearm/repair times are calculated rounded to whole hours up... but the actual actions are performed in 30 minute intervals; so something that takes 0.5+0.5+0.5  = 1.5 hours is shown as 1+1+1 = 3 hours (instead of 2 hours)

I'm talking about how every time the craft says X hours, X hours later it says it's 100% complete but still in-process. It seems to put the craft in ready status at the end of the first time slot for which nothing is done to it, and not at the beginning of that time slot. It works the same whether it's doing things on multiple parts of the craft or not--example, loading a weapon that takes 2 hours, it says it takes 2 hours and it properly fills ammo 4 times in that 2 hours, but the weapon will be full and the craft still says Rearming.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:55:33 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2019, 09:02:46 pm »
I'm talking about how every time the craft says X hours, X hours later it says it's 100% complete but still in-process. It seems to put the craft in ready status at the end of the first time slot for which nothing is done to it, and not at the beginning of that time slot. It works the same whether it's doing things on multiple parts of the craft or not--example, loading a weapon that takes 2 hours, it says it takes 2 hours and it properly fills ammo 4 times in that 2 hours, but the weapon will be full and the craft still says Rearming.

Sorry, I did not understand any of this.

Please provide a starting save, screenshot of each step and which number is correct and which is wrong.