Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720055 times)

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2016, 12:52:20 am »
Thanks for the great .exe mod. The quality of life features, all bundled into one package, has been very useful.

Inventory from virtually anywhere and *any* kneeling indicator is worth it alone. Especially when you abuse smoke grenades as much as I do. Little things like the playfield area indicator are nice too.

Here's hoping they roll pretty much the entire mod into oXc vanilla, so everyone else gets to use these great features as well. But if they don't, you've made my life easier, by far.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again for all the effort you've put into this.

I'm following your LP and rather enjoying it, even if your tactics are massively different to mine.

Now, off to train my wiki-fu. How can exploding cannonballs for the assault cannon not be on there? They are one of the most Piratez'y things ever (and probably the best artillery in the game, for the price). 3-4 cannons destroy almost anything, from almost anywhere, for a cost your gals can afford. Think of them as bows for real women. Never waste time training throwing again :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:14:43 am by sambojin »

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2016, 07:28:44 pm »
3/ there is a much better kneel indicator here: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/pull/1056  -- I can just include this one, but you will have to add additional sprites and ruleset into piratez... I don't want to distribute such things myself
For that I would suggest

this over-the-top button from earlier that will absolutely stick out in the interface.

just in case people forgot :v

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2016, 11:25:12 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-01-11
  + Added adv. option for Minimap border indicator
  + Added adv. option for 2-handed indicator
  + Added adv. option for Coup de grace
  + Added audio feedback to execute action (Coup de grace)
  + Disabled blinking of the green enemy indicator

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2016, 12:51:18 pm »
3/ there is a much better kneel indicator here: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/pull/1056  -- I can just include this one, but you will have to add additional sprites and ruleset into piratez... I don't want to distribute such things myself
4/ how would the avatar toggle work then? a list with 128 options seems too much...

I will include the button (preferably the one in the commit, as it looks non-invasive), if you tell me exactly what to do :)
As for the avatars - firstly, a list of 128 items is not a biggie; secondly, frankly there is no choice as OXCE supports up to 128 avatars - unless you'd make the list length auto-detect the number of avatar variants, or make it ruleset-definiable...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2016, 02:01:59 pm »
I will include the button (preferably the one in the commit, as it looks non-invasive), if you tell me exactly what to do :)

You can either include it as a standard mod for piratez, see attached... or integrate it directly into piratez.

I've added support for it into my build... download will be available later in the evening.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2016, 02:19:45 pm »
Thx, integrating that directly (too good to miss out).

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2016, 02:23:00 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-01-11
  + Added adv. option for Minimap border indicator
  + Added adv. option for 2-handed indicator
  + Added adv. option for Coup de grace
  + Added audio feedback to execute action (Coup de grace)
  + Disabled blinking of the green enemy indicator

Thanks - great work. I didnt mind the blinking. I guess the demands of the many override the few. The green indicator is really useful. At times in easier maps I like to keep one soldier in sight of the stunned personnel. I no longer need to cycle through each soldier to find if a stunned enemy is awake - now I just looked out for the green.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2016, 02:28:17 pm »
I guess the demands of the many override the few.

No, demands of creators override the demands of the users, unless the users can prove the creator(s) being delirious :)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2016, 05:06:39 pm »
No, demands of creators override the demands of the users, unless the users can prove the creator(s) being delirious :)

Fair change of words...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2016, 05:46:16 pm »
New version is up.
Some testing for the new accuracy training would be appreciated.

v2016-01-12
  + Rebalanced throwing and firing accuracy training, more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4220.msg57516.html#msg57516
  + Added support for custom kneeling indicator, more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4187.msg57501.html#msg57501
  + Unseen (ufopedia/research/manufacture) indicators now work also in debug mode
  + Enhanced movement methods
      * when holding SHIFT while selecting target tile... the unit will walk/run there WITHOUT stopping when it spots an enemy
      * shift is usually a hotkey for "select previous unit"... so you will have to remove that hotkey in Options in order to use this new feature

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2016, 03:13:14 am »
  + Enhanced movement methods
      * when holding SHIFT while selecting target tile... the unit will walk/run there WITHOUT stopping when it spots an enemy
      * shift is usually a hotkey for "select previous unit"... so you will have to remove that hotkey in Options in order to use this new feature

Flamer and prod group run-ins just got all the more convenient. Thanks.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2016, 06:45:15 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-01-13
  + Added filtering to Craft Equipment UI, see screenshot
  + Further rebalance of firing/throwing/melee accuracy training, more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4220.msg57591.html#msg57591
  + Added option for wounded soldiers to fight in base defense, more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4225.0.html
  + Unhardcoded number of avatars
  + Separate message for "no line of sight"
  + Separate message for "no arc of fire"
  + Throwing experience also improves secondary stats now (i.e. hp, stamina, tu and strength)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2016, 10:35:02 am »
I just wanted to randomly thank you, Meridian, all your improvements really give my (and any OXCE) mod a new life :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2016, 11:37:56 am »
I just wanted to randomly thank you, Meridian, all your improvements really give my (and any OXCE) mod a new life :)

Much appreciated.
I would have a favour to ask, if you have some spare time.

I am still going through that experience training stuff and I need to do a lot of testing/debugging... it is however taking forever to load PirateZ in debug mode (literally 10+ minutes). Would you be able to extract some weapons from piratez and make them a standalone mod pack for xcom1 for me for testing purposes?

The list would be:

true melee: cutlass, rope
short range: hammer, chainsaw, fuso knives, zapper, flamethrower, fusion torch
long range (arc): javelins, combat bow, grenade launcher or mortar (all types of ammo)
long range (line): panzerfaust, harpoon gun, any shotgun (with pellets)
disposables: molotov, black powder bomb, stick grenade, flask o acid, apple
grenades: willie pete, acid grenade, stun grenade, crate of violence

no need, already in xcom1: stun rod, he grenade, smoke grenade, proxy grenade, rifle, rocket launcher, blaster launcher, etc.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2016, 01:58:07 pm »
Quite a list... That might take me a better part of the day...