Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720234 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2016, 10:10:47 pm »
  + Added support for true two-handed weapons

*Salivating*

Also, how do I designate a weapon to be "true two handed"?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:18:06 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2016, 12:51:25 pm »
Scratch that, already done, works just fine :)

My current wishlist: :3

1. behaviour change for fixed builtInWeapons:
- if they're battletype 0 (none), do not equip them in hand, but in an inventory slot, just like they were non-fixed builtInWeapons. Why? You can eg. replace backpack space on a flying armor with a fixed jetpack sprite, block some slots in "sexy" outfits (instead of the convoluted weight system used now), replace backpack with an ammo pack if an armor has fixed minigun etc. I think it is very cool as allows for more variation in outfits, and much, much easier than trying to mod Inventories on a per-armor basis.

2. Akimbo shooting!
Not that much for myself, but I know many people would love to fire pistols from both hands.
- You need to have an one-handed, battletype 1, non-arcing weapon in each hand;
- Only firing options that are present in both weapons are available (Snap, Aim, Auto)
- TU cost is 67% compared to TU cost of both attacks combined;
- both attacks receive -40% accuracy penalty
- Execution - not sure, hotkey???

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2016, 10:01:58 pm »
Scratch that, already done, works just fine :)

My current wishlist: :3

1. behaviour change for fixed builtInWeapons:
- if they're battletype 0 (none), do not equip them in hand, but in an inventory slot, just like they were non-fixed builtInWeapons. Why? You can eg. replace backpack space on a flying armor with a fixed jetpack sprite, block some slots in "sexy" outfits (instead of the convoluted weight system used now), replace backpack with an ammo pack if an armor has fixed minigun etc. I think it is very cool as allows for more variation in outfits, and much, much easier than trying to mod Inventories on a per-armor basis.

2. Akimbo shooting!
Not that much for myself, but I know many people would love to fire pistols from both hands.
- You need to have an one-handed, battletype 1, non-arcing weapon in each hand;
- Only firing options that are present in both weapons are available (Snap, Aim, Auto)
- TU cost is 67% compared to TU cost of both attacks combined;
- both attacks receive -40% accuracy penalty
- Execution - not sure, hotkey???
1. I think better would be "defulatInventorySlot: STR_BACKPAK" or something like that. It could be used in other cases not only for fixed weapons.
2. It will be bit pain to implements because all actions store only one item and unit drawing will need changes too to handle cases when both weapons are firing. Overall I think this cost too much compared to its worth.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2016, 11:18:29 pm »
1. I think better would be "defulatInventorySlot: STR_BACKPAK" or something like that. It could be used in other cases not only for fixed weapons.

I fully agree, this will not only cover Dioxine's requirement, but also help make auto-equip a lot more useful.

2. It will be bit pain to implements because all actions store only one item and unit drawing will need changes too to handle cases when both weapons are firing. Overall I think this cost too much compared to its worth.

Yes, it is a pain for proper solution. I guess the graphical side being the biggest pain. The time is not ripe yet for this feature :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2016, 12:46:06 pm »
I fully agree, this will not only cover Dioxine's requirement, but also help make auto-equip a lot more useful.

Makes sense for me as well, easy to implement in ruleset and will have much more uses that way.

As for akimbo, it's low priority for me.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2016, 11:21:31 pm »
Makes sense for me as well, easy to implement in ruleset and will have much more uses that way.

After some analysis it looks like there is a lot to do if I want to add support for this everywhere... but I have added at least experimental support (for fixed items only!) today.
I tested it only on one example though (I put the Nurse's outfit medikit into backpack), so some more tests would help, if you have some time.
To repeat my test add the following to AUX_MEDIPACK:  defaultInventorySlot: STR_BACK_PACK

New version is up.

v2016-01-22
  + Experimental support for "defaultInventorySlot" (for fixed items only)
  + Experimental support for moving base facilities (ctrl+left click)
  + Added support for "refundValue" for base facilities
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:41:25 pm by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2016, 01:26:56 pm »
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Support for non-fixed items isn't that crucial, the game engine more or less knows where to put them correctly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:31:06 pm by Dioxine »

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2016, 03:34:31 pm »
True two-handed weapons meaning that you can't carry anything in the other hand?

That would be nice for plenty of things. The accuracy debuff doesn't really show how weird it is to carry two very large (or awkward) but very different weapons successfully. Assault Cannon/Long Bow for example.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2016, 04:03:49 pm »
True two-handed weapons meaning that you can't carry anything in the other hand?

You can still carry two items... but if you want to use the weapon, you will have to drop the item from the other hand.

New version is up.

v2016-01-23
  + Added confirmation at mission end, more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4114.msg58153.html#msg58153
  + Fixed CTD when manufacturing a craft also produces an item
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:37:26 pm by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2016, 02:44:23 pm »
Could you say what is the proper form for the STR_UNITS_WITH_FATAL_WOUNDS and STR_REFUND_VALUE so they display the values? I'm not good with special string commands.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2016, 03:00:02 pm »
Could you say what is the proper form for the STR_UNITS_WITH_FATAL_WOUNDS and STR_REFUND_VALUE so they display the values? I'm not good with special string commands.

I put the default translations in the second post of this thread.

New version is up.

v2016-01-24
  + True two handed weapon flag (=blockBothHands flag) is also checked during reaction fire, but not during berserking
  + Added support for refuel notifications

PS: mod for refuel notification for pigeon and zeppelin attached
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:39:45 pm by Meridian »

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2016, 06:55:00 pm »
I think I will make all alcohol single-type healing item then (just like crack or smokes), and add all extras by the magic of OXCE. Example: Basically, Rum will be wound-healing only, but I will make it to also restore stamina, stun and morale as a secondary effect.
I just got the idea that you can rename the three "actions" heal/painkiller/stim, as they no longer match a specific game effect. For example :
- medical kits: 5 stitch 5 inject 5 drink (The included syringe and "emergency drink" can have any effects)
- bandage, glue, stapler : only stitch, healing fatal wounds
- syringe : only inject, whatever the effects
- bottles : only drink, whatever the effects

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2016, 07:12:48 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-01-28
  + Added support for day/night indicator
  + Small fix for 2 handed weapons check during reaction fire and berserking (now applies only to units under direct player's control, i.e. also to mind-controlled aliens, but not to mind-controlled xcom soldiers)

@Ivan: attached is a mod, which turns on the day/night indicator... graphics need some fixing

Btw. for those who are interested:
shade = 0 is day
shade = 1-X is dusk/dawn (e.g. 1-9 in OXC)
shade = (X+1)-15 is night (e.g. 10-15 in OXC)

X is configurable in OXCE, but not used in PirateZ as far as I can see, default is 9 (same as in OXC)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2016, 05:06:54 pm »
@Ivan: attached is a mod, which turns on the day/night indicator... graphics need some fixing

Okay. :)  I  futzed and futzed with it to get it into a Geoscape pallete.  I had problems with conveying transparency in the pallete, because when I would index it, it would lose transparency. >.<

I settled on going with Bright green for the transparent color, and tested it on my system and it seems to work.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2016, 05:30:04 pm »
Yes, both palette and transparency look OK now.

I love the sunrise/sunset icon... it's really beautiful.
The other two look a bit too dull in comparison (grey and yellow ball), but still quite nice :-)

Maybe a smiling sun (similar to example from Skype) would work better?
And maybe a crescent moon (instead of full moon) could work better? Maybe even with star(s)?

But prio is super low... only if you don't have anything else to do.