Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609381 times)

KZad Bhat

Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5700 on: July 21, 2018, 09:04:32 pm »
Some nice new changes in this version, amazing all of this got done so quick. By the way, thanks for the back door in the GDX, now I can go ahead and stop remembering each version to change the gal layout. Was the same thing done with the Airbus?

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5701 on: July 21, 2018, 09:06:49 pm »
You can define two waypoints and force a Minigun (or the like) to split its Auto shots between them, saturating the whole predefined area with high velocity lead.
Oh my god this significantly upgrades the utility of machine guns

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: July 22, 2018, 03:14:51 am »
Still, I think the lightning thrower should do electric damage instead so at least I have a long range lethal option for electric-weak enemies like zombies.  As it is, the shockafist is my only electric thing that can kill.

On a related note, electric is the best way to deal with ghost gals.  Problem is, almost everything electric isn't allowed underwater and you still don't get them when you reach the island; the only one you can smuggle under the sea is the shockafist, so you end up going all Ghostpuncher on the ghosts.  Provided they're nice enough to be on the ground instead of flying all over the place.

you do have a point about having a lethal option in the type being useful, upper tier zombos are rather tanky on top of resisting most things.

As to ghost gals electric may be most efficient, but other types work sufficiently well since ghosts are unarmored and have very low hp. Nuff of anything they are only marginally resistant too deals with them. And at least right now there is no reason to complete that stage.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: July 22, 2018, 12:15:58 pm »
How to deal with Muton enemies that are spawning in early year 2 when my most powerfull weapon the quad launcher cannot kill them even if all 4 rockets hit? Same goes for hovertank.

Offline Ciruil

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: July 22, 2018, 12:53:54 pm »
1) i need rail rifle for XG assault technology. Is this some kind of new weaon? And there i can find it?
2) I has gal that cant reach max melee skill 140, she stopped on 132. Is this bug?
3) What exactly is shakeup ceremony an how this works?

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: July 22, 2018, 01:02:39 pm »
How to deal with Muton enemies that are spawning in early year 2 when my most powerfull weapon the quad launcher cannot kill them even if all 4 rockets hit? Same goes for hovertank.

Run like hell ?

If you really want to deal with mercs, they're weak to VooDoo, melee weapons to the back work as well.  Fire is a decent fallback but surviving long enough for them to burn to death is pretty rough.  As for hovertanks... you're going to need really high powered weapons (laser, plasma, pierce) to punch through the 80 back/bottom armor unless you have EMP grenades.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: July 22, 2018, 02:32:14 pm »
Run like hell ?

Thanks Mutant Alliance.

As for hovertanks... you're going to need really high powered weapons (laser, plasma, pierce) to punch through the 80 back/bottom armor unless you have EMP grenades.

I've just researched wrecked car and those have 35% from EMP,  I would imagine that tanks would also go same pattern...

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: July 22, 2018, 02:39:48 pm »
Havent met Mercs in my current playthrough yet, but last time I was taking them down early with scavenged Heavy Lasers, melee and Heavy Flamers.
They do have tons of HP and good all around resistances, and their Synthmuscle suits are meant to shrug off explosives.

Offline Sahti Waari

• Sergeant
  • Так победим!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: July 22, 2018, 03:13:08 pm »
Hello,

Could anyone suggest the best way to capture Star Gods?

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: July 22, 2018, 03:16:41 pm »
Hello,

How do you approach them in Melee, one step and they reaction fire and 1 shot killing. I'm wearing metal/heavy tactical armor.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: July 22, 2018, 05:09:16 pm »
1) i need rail rifle for XG assault technology. Is this some kind of new weaon? And there i can find it?
2) I has gal that cant reach max melee skill 140, she stopped on 132. Is this bug?
3) What exactly is shakeup ceremony an how this works?
1. Heavy Freighters are your best shot. Friendly Bugeyes sometimes carry it; you can stun them to add it to the mission's drop.
2. Have you checked her type and whether equipment is lowering her max? Also, is the weapon she's using training melee (check the Experience mode under ANAL)?
3. You can give a newly recruited soldier some extra bravery in return for lowering her combat stats and three weeks sick time. I think it's accessed in the "Hands" section of your hideout.

I've just researched wrecked car and those have 35% from EMP,  I would imagine that tanks would also go same pattern...
You'd think wrong. Cars are piloted vehicles with a battery. (Hover-)tanks are controlled by a Slave AI and featuring complex weapons and circuitry. Tanks have 200% EMP and Hovertanks have 300%.
Also, why bother asking questions if you're not going to believe the answer?

Impalers on Gals with high Voodoo Power. At max power, the Novices go down with one shot (and their entourage takes 1 to 3 shots each).
If you don't have any, Novices can be reliably stunned by Electric Lassos. For the rest of the crew, use Assault Cannons and high-powered explosives.

P.s.: Don't try meleeing Star Gods unless you want to die. Their dodge is insanely high.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 05:11:47 pm by cc »

Offline Ciruil

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: July 22, 2018, 05:46:00 pm »
2. Have you checked her type and whether equipment is lowering her max? Also, is the weapon she's using training melee (check the Experience mode under ANAL)?
Syntmuscle suit dont affecting melee skill. Force blade experience mode: reactions and melee. She was recruited young uber, maibe youngs has slichter melee than castavay?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: July 22, 2018, 05:54:19 pm »
Syntmuscle suit dont affecting melee skill. Force blade experience mode: reactions and melee. She was recruited young uber, maibe youngs has slichter melee than castavay?
Yeah, recruited soldiers (and I mean all of the Uber recruits except Freak Gals) have a maximum of 130 melee. Freak Gals have a maximum of 110 but can come with 125 as starting stat.

niculinux

« Reply #5713 on: July 22, 2018, 06:02:44 pm »
Dear Dioxine

Since im havin trouble in 0.99J4 finding the wrenvh required to unlock "tools & blades" research topic and theregore i still miss it in may 2601 on jack sparrow mode how zbout to make it recoverable also from the "bring down the watchtower misdion"? That should be a very common item, plus a life saver (at least from me)  :)

edit: any hope to have that from versions after 0.99J4? Whatever, thanks ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 06:10:38 pm by niculinux »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: July 22, 2018, 06:23:06 pm »
Dear Dioxine

Since im havin trouble in 0.99J4 finding the wrenvh required to unlock "tools & blades" research topic and theregore i still miss it in may 2601 on jack sparrow mode how zbout to make it recoverable also from the "bring down the watchtower misdion"? That should be a very common item, plus a life saver (at least from me)  :)

edit: any hope to have that from versions after 0.99J4? Whatever, thanks ;)
The Wrench is easy to get and there's tons of people that give it for free (see attached screenshot). Maybe try interrogating (and taking) more prisoners if you're unlucky enough to have no Warehouse or Excavator missions.