aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3667968 times)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5685 on: July 20, 2018, 09:32:06 pm »
That was a fun surprise. However, I'm not sure what's the deal with the new units: Spectres are scouts that you start one with for fun, Repentia are better at melee and (even) worse than the regular Hands at Voddoo, and Shake-up Gals... No idea. What's the difference with regularly recruited Young Ubers and this new type?

EDIT: What exactly does the new "spread fire" feature do?

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: July 20, 2018, 09:41:19 pm »
EDIT: What exactly does the new "spread fire" feature do?
You can define two waypoints and force a Minigun (or the like) to split its Auto shots between them, saturating the whole predefined area with high velocity lead.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: July 21, 2018, 12:53:01 am »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: July 21, 2018, 01:51:57 am »
That was a fun surprise. However, I'm not sure what's the deal with the new units: Spectres are scouts that you start one with for fun, Repentia are better at melee and (even) worse than the regular Hands at Voddoo, and Shake-up Gals... No idea. What's the difference with regularly recruited Young Ubers and this new type?
Spoilers cause is brand new content

Spoiler:
Specters seem to be a odd amalgamation of scouting mechanics, they have decent level of invisibility, carry a reasonably decent light source, and have a morale damaging attack. spot and sense as well. Downside pretty much insta dead if anything gets close nuff to spot them and fire any firearm at them.

Repentia while overall bad at voodoo, the transformation is actually a positive gain to psi defense for gals below 33 voodoo power. You where not gonna be using those gals for voodoo anyway so making such gals more resilient to panic and MC is okay. Hp gain and cap increase, good. +20 bravery but wont exceed cap is okay but not special since there are many ways to raise bravery. Minor reductions in both stat and cap for FA, throwing, and reactions, is not great but its not crippling either. lunatic caps for melee and stamina but no increase, ehh. Also a massive reduction in salary and not counting against the rank structure.

It seems the idea here is to bolster your worst voodoo gals into something that is likely to be functional against such an enemy, its also a way to remove poor hands from a high rank that you would rather somebody else have. Not a transform you always need, but its an overall improvement of the worst of the worst gals.

Shakeup's sole purpose is to address really bad bravery on the first type of hireable hands. This for those 10,20,30, bravery gals that you would rather not bring to the field, cause they will spend several missions panicking and being useless.

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: July 21, 2018, 02:12:41 am »
Default shakeup recovery time is way too long. +20 bravery and some minor stats for 20 days? It's just not worth that much. imho.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:14:37 am by FG »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: July 21, 2018, 02:23:58 am »
Yeah its not that good, but then again bolstering dumpster fire gals to merely average should't be. But the option is nice if you RNGed into a horrid batch of bravery. 1-2 gals spending the mission paniced okay we can deal, half or more of the squad, yeah no thanks. And fire/hire gets expensive.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: July 21, 2018, 02:32:05 am »
How do I get smelly rags to hire freak girl? I can't find it in tech tree so it must be an item of sorts, but I can't find it in store too.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: July 21, 2018, 03:47:28 am »
Rags are not buy-able or manufactured, you have to find them. If i remember you do start with a small number, beyond that i dont remember. However you only ever need the one, since all other freaks type gals come from the bounty system.

Bounty prize freaks come equipped with rags when hired so if nothing else you can wait for that.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: July 21, 2018, 11:06:06 am »
Catured live strix. Shot her with a missile and she fell down stunned, so aparently concussive is the answere here.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: July 21, 2018, 12:16:41 pm »
Catured live strix. Shot her with a missile and she fell down stunned, so aparently concussive is the answere here.

Just recently found that out myself, so I'm glad to be wrong there.  Cyberdisc is still out, though.

Say, is it correct that the "lightning" thrower where its description mentions "electricity" actually does plasma damage?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: July 21, 2018, 01:03:33 pm »
Considering the vast majority of the electric damage type weapons are nonlethal, and the thrower is i think plasma is fine. And speaking from a physics standpoint there isn't a great deal of difference between a lightning and a plasma discharge, besides the highly polarized electrical charge in one vs more or less neutral charge in the other.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5696 on: July 21, 2018, 03:06:57 pm »
im curious how much will change with aggresive retaliations on,would the option change anything if you shoot down civie aircraft or gov ones?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: July 21, 2018, 03:10:33 pm »
A tesla arc works by turning the air in its path into plasma. Turn up the current enough, and the hot, super-charged plasma is what'll kill people rather than the electrical charge. ;)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: July 21, 2018, 06:02:29 pm »
Still, I think the lightning thrower should do electric damage instead so at least I have a long range lethal option for electric-weak enemies like zombies.  As it is, the shockafist is my only electric thing that can kill.

On a related note, electric is the best way to deal with ghost gals.  Problem is, almost everything electric isn't allowed underwater and you still don't get them when you reach the island; the only one you can smuggle under the sea is the shockafist, so you end up going all Ghostpuncher on the ghosts.  Provided they're nice enough to be on the ground instead of flying all over the place.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: July 21, 2018, 07:44:44 pm »
Do Bootypedia armor previews have a fixed size? Might be nice to see exactly what inventory slots each armor has on its picture, and frees up some space in description.