Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3669245 times)

niculinux

Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5715 on: July 22, 2018, 07:28:23 pm »
thanks cc very very kind! Don't wanns insist, but i gind strange that a common tool is not spread across the planet...i'd lastly add it may be goun in the industrial and urban maps, or even better it may be unlocked after completing yhe "spring vleaning" topic. Hey in a (abandoned) base someone have at leadt used it once. In the rnd, just for a bit of "realism"  :)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: July 22, 2018, 08:44:42 pm »
Well, I can support than the wrench could be a little more common, maybe adding in the loot of some other missions. I understand the Spring cleaning unlocking, but at least I prefer to see it as loot, like a lot other things. I don't know, is funny that way.

niculinux

« Reply #5717 on: July 22, 2018, 09:16:22 pm »
Well if it gonna stay that way gonna be rather frustratin then :'( i'd go for a more enjoyable experience  :)

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: July 22, 2018, 09:43:23 pm »
You'd think wrong. Cars are piloted vehicles with a battery. (Hover-)tanks are controlled by a Slave AI and featuring complex weapons and circuitry. Tanks have 200% EMP and Hovertanks have 300%.
Also, why bother asking questions if you're not going to believe the answer?
P.s.: Don't try meleeing Star Gods unless you want to die. Their dodge is insanely high.

I wasn't disbelieving.  Anyway this does not make sense, since car uses battery, then have electronics, therefore it should be vulnerable to EMP too. Drain that battery and the car is useless. But since it have like 35% then it must have some shielding, therefore one would thing that higher tier units would also contain same defense.

The Wrench is easy to get and there's tons of people that give it for free (see attached screenshot). Maybe try interrogating (and taking) more prisoners if you're unlucky enough to have no Warehouse or Excavator missions.

Considering that it's random chance, it's not so easy to get. It took me 3/4 of a year to get that topic from interrogations and I had like interrogated 20 highwayman and others. I think Savy Girls should be using them as a melee weapon in their loadout.

niculinux

« Reply #5719 on: July 22, 2018, 10:14:22 pm »
Considering that it's random chance, it's not so easy to get. It took me 3/4 of a year to get that topic from interrogations and I had like interrogated 20 highwayman and others. I think Savy Girls should be using them as a melee weapon in their loadout.

Ugh! Eh this game really shows no mercy!

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: July 22, 2018, 10:33:36 pm »
Anyway this does not make sense, since car uses battery, then have electronics, therefore it should be vulnerable to EMP too. Drain that battery and the car is useless. But since it have like 35% then it must have some shielding, therefore one would thing that higher tier units would also contain same defense.
An EMP does not drain batteries. That's Hollywood "science".
A strong electromagnetic pulse gets picked up by antennae and, to a lesser extent, wires. This induces a current which will fry sensitive electronics. Newer cars rely on microprocessors and are likely affected (has someone tested?). Older and simpler cars, as we are led to believe the ones in Piratez are, shrug off EMPs just fine. Remember, post-WWI spark plugs can withstand 60 kV and those plugs are shielded by the metal of the motor. Radio and lights might be goners, but that doesn't stop the car itself. Oh, and the alternator? You'll fry the wires before affecting that. :D
Last, but least, experiments with car models from up to 2002 have shown that they still work after an EMP.

P.s.: A running car doesn't care about a drained battery as the alternator provides more electricity than the car uses. You'd have to charge the battery regularly otherwise. This is why you can roll a car with a drained battery to start it and then drive off normally. Rolling it downhill is recommended, especially for heavier cars.
P.p.s.: Yes, I had that argument before.

Can you use the gunbutt? Melee does not cause reaction fires.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:38:54 pm by cc »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5721 on: July 22, 2018, 11:47:54 pm »
thanks cc very very kind! Don't wanns insist, but i gind strange that a common tool is not spread across the planet...

The problem is, the gals have never seen a wrench before.
Also if it was any more common than it is now, there would be no reason for its existence.
I'm speaking this to others, since I have no delusions that you can understand my answer.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: July 23, 2018, 01:28:24 am »

That seems like an ideal drone placement to me, run around the side and beat the crap out of that thing with some kind of melee weapon, even a handle would work, just be careful if you stun them, they WILL wake up and start shooting again.  Just don't tempt murphy's law and try to shoot it, you'll probably miss/do no damage, and get reaction fired down heh.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5723 on: July 23, 2018, 01:49:52 am »
I've just researched wrecked car and those have 35% from EMP,  I would imagine that tanks would also go same pattern...

Remember that large units take quadruple damage.

KZad Bhat

Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5724 on: July 23, 2018, 06:50:04 am »
An EMP does not drain batteries. That's Hollywood "science".

I can't say for how often it happens, but the induced current can damage the battery. Over charging, over speed on that charging, things like that. Ever put an alkaline battery in a battery charger? (Recommendation: don't.)

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: July 23, 2018, 07:29:47 am »
I can't say for how often it happens, but the induced current can damage the battery. Over charging, over speed on that charging, things like that. Ever put an alkaline battery in a battery charger? (Recommendation: don't.)
An EMP is high voltage, low current, short duration. Such a spike is unlikely to heat the battery enough to make it pop - especially since the voltage is applied over an area, so small things like batteries and closed circuits are significantly less affected.
Unless the battery happens to be connected to a charger when the pulse hits, it's going to be fine. And even then a good charger will likely take the hit for the battery.
... Finally, it would be fried, not drained. :p

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: July 23, 2018, 09:01:36 am »
whats the diffirence of a battery being fried or drained in that case it wouldnt work normaly either way

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: July 23, 2018, 12:27:33 pm »
A drained battery is still effective as part of the circuit its attached to, and only needs a jump start/recharge to work again.

A fried battery breaks the circuit as it stops conducting power effectively. Also a fried battery usually results in secondary effects, like fire, corrosive damage, ect.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: July 23, 2018, 12:29:16 pm »
Why is this discussion even happening anyway?  By the time you get EMP grenades, armored cars have long since stopped being a problem.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 12:30:48 pm by BBHood217 »

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: July 23, 2018, 02:25:03 pm »
What's the difference between AP clips and non AP clips. Both state damage is the same. Does AP rounds mitigate some armor? If yes is it mentioned somewhere?