aliens

Author Topic: optional stuff for Piratez Extended 0.95b  (Read 9233 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
optional stuff for Piratez Extended 0.95b
« on: October 26, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »
I like Piratez immensly! Sometimes I change minor things so the mod fits my way of playing better. Less frequently, I even add new things to the mod. I am quite proud that Dioxine deemed some of these additions worthy to be integrated in the mod. Here I will share my minor modifications with you.

First one adds a Voodoo Rod that is independent from the witch costume like in the previous versions of piratez - I like the flexibility too much to discard these.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: optional stuff for Piratez Extended 0.95b
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 08:07:58 pm »
This one puts the old Ironman suit as the Energy Armor in the game. This is one of the things Dioxine integrated into Piratez, and while I like the way he has done so (i.e., as the Superhero armor), I don't use it, because it does not fill a combat role in my build up. But I want it to! So I brought it back to 0.95b the way I designed it.

This uses the old sprite sheet and the sealed inv pic by Roxis231 (although I still think it should be more yellow!).

I cannot make it Display the fluff correctly, so I post it here: After some more research we noticed, that high currents influence the elasticity of the metal parts of the composite armor we used for the batglads. Combining this with our knowledge of the biochemical properties of nuclear fuel and certain other substances, we created a light weight armor that does not encumber the wearer, but actually boosts her stamina! There is only one minor draw back. For best performance the magnetic bioreactor compactor cylinder has to be plucked in the heart directly. Yes, of course that hurts. Nevertheless, when we started trails, the gals insisted that they were to test the armor instead of the slaves, because they see it as a test of courage. Therefore, fewer slaves than planned were harmed for this research!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:09:53 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:23:10 pm »
First one adds a Voodoo Rod that is independent from the witch costume like in the previous versions of piratez - I like the flexibility too much to discard these.

Yeah thad decision to bind it to witch armor was perhaps a bit too rash... However there was no point in using Witch armor beside that... Trading meagre gain in voodoo effectivity for a the protection of Annihilator, or 5 psi attacks (instead of 3) if you were wearing Blitz, was no-brainer... but how to balance it otherwise? One other idea would be to reduce the VooDoo skill cap from current 50 to 35, and at the same time, buff the VooDoo skill boost Witch gives from +6 to +20... But this would greatly influence other psi-based equips. Do you think it'd be a good trade-off? I also want the Witch to have one hand unuseable, too.

Also, I am honored by your kind words about my mod! :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:26:00 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 10:34:24 pm »
... but how to balance it otherwise?

I would suggest giving the stand alone voodoo rod a small malus. Something about -5 to -10 on the voodoo skill.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 10:39:07 pm »
Witch outfit should equalize to a step down from Star Gods Psi power with a much stronger side-effect similar to Superhero armor (so may be able to use some enemies as shields but eventually you get worn out; preventing a full team of Witches to Psi everything, forcing a player to bring a few heavy hitters to keep up the morale by killing enemies when Witches are low on Stamina/high stun, etc. Especially with Combat Stress in deep effect after several turns).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 12:25:26 am »
I thought about that again, and again the only conclusion is that witch outfit is the way to go. Otherwise, you either have useless MC that doesn't work, or OP MC you can spam at will. Well, then again, I don't say that there is something wrong in Zharkov wanting his MC spam :)