aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3683686 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Padlocks of Chaos!
« Reply #5670 on: July 19, 2018, 11:27:38 pm »
Can I use my current savegame with this?

Usually yes, keep an eye on the "Important: Upgrading Saves Between Versions" thread. If anything needs to be done instructions will be there, and generally posted the same time as the new version.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: July 19, 2018, 11:44:52 pm »
Where can I find this thread?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:10:31 am by Meridian »

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: July 19, 2018, 11:56:59 pm »
Game you said that government UFOs have blue and red stripes. I don't see blue and red stripes, yet enemies that spawned were Military Police and government pilot. Please don't cheat more than you do.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: July 20, 2018, 12:13:39 am »
Game you said that government UFOs have blue and red stripes. I don't see blue and red stripes, yet enemies that spawned were Military Police and government pilot. Please don't cheat more than you do.
Governments also do Military Supply and Gold Transport missions. The points from downing those UFOs outweigh the negative points for dealing with the crew, though.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5675 on: July 20, 2018, 12:15:07 am »
One more rude post like this and you're a goner, @silencer_ru.

It is said that these with blue lights are govt ships and you will be penalized for shooting them down. It is not said that government personnel never uses any other ships and it doesn't say you will be or will be not penalized for shooting them. You need to attend a few logic classes.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: July 20, 2018, 12:37:28 am »
Apologies, rudness was not my intention.

How should I know that game  says something if there are million tips hidden somewhere? There could be tip #666 Government agents can use other factions UFOs.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: July 20, 2018, 01:49:55 am »
There are alot of tips and mechanics explanations, but until some fabulous person decides to take it on themselves to craft and keep up to date some sort of compiled manual, in game one page tidbits is what we have. And even that is extra effort that Dioxine in no way was obligated to write out and insert into the tech system to have a working playable game.

Even vanilla with the manual included didn't explain a fraction of what dioxine puts up for us in plain text about base mechanics, let alone all the extra OXCE+ capabilities.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: July 20, 2018, 02:05:07 am »
Apologies, rudness was not my intention.

How should I know that game  says something if there are million tips hidden somewhere? There could be tip #666 Government agents can use other factions UFOs.

My first few games there was a lot of trial and error trying to figure everything out.  Think of your first couple of games as a practice run and don't stress about it too much.  Once you get some experience under your belt you'll have a lot less problems.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: July 20, 2018, 07:29:20 am »
Hooray, boomosaurs are capturable again.  They still explode when stunned improperly; but since it's a fire explosion that doesn't destroy items and the boomosaur is nigh immune to fire, the body should still be fine unless it goes into overstun.

Not that it helps me since they only show up in pogroms done by the Guild and I've long since gotten rid of pogroms in my current game.  Maybe next game then.

No such luck with the cyberdisc and strix zombie though, any of their intact stunned bodies are looted as corpses.  It seems they're uncapturable on purpose.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: July 20, 2018, 11:44:02 am »
Updates coming crazy fast these days...

Anyway, which codex is optimal these days? I have a save from a while ago, where I delayed the choice as much as I could and since I found gat lascannon early I could do it for quite a while (entire first year to be specific). What to choose for maximum fun?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: July 20, 2018, 12:49:47 pm »
Depends on the playstyle, Grey has the most utility and has the all mission menace class, Red is pretty fun for the aggressive player since it has most of the vamp toys(certain weapon and armor combos that red has are nigh one gal armies), Green is sorta the "safety" bet between the fairy, savior and bio-suit and its upgrade their isn't much you cant capture with ease, and you have the best healing and the best tank armor, Gold is the one i personally dont touch the things unique to it are just not as good as the other 3 imo

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #5682 on: July 20, 2018, 01:33:55 pm »
Updates coming crazy fast these days...

Anyway, which codex is optimal these days? I have a save from a while ago, where I delayed the choice as much as I could and since I found gat lascannon early I could do it for quite a while (entire first year to be specific). What to choose for maximum fun?

how way did you found it,
gat-lasCannon so early ?  :o
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:25:39 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: July 20, 2018, 01:58:47 pm »
Smuggler’s ship conviniently carries four parts of the thing in the loot sometimes. A bit of an uphill battle early on, but doable.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: July 20, 2018, 06:13:17 pm »
I got early Stormy suit in a Smuggler ship, was totally worth losing couple starting Lunatics to Catgirls.