NineX will be performing a server upgrade on 15th January 23h – 4h CET, during which the OpenXcom website and forums may be unavailable (as well as other hosted projects). The Windows Git Builder may suffer a longer period of downtime.
Third-party websites like the Mod Portal are not affected. If you need support you can reach us through the Contact icons on the sidebar.
Screenshot from UFO Redux
Hope you have a good time celebrating, wherever you are, whatever you are. Here’s to one more year of rookies getting sniped on the Skyranger ramp.
Stream’s over: Part 1 | Part 2 | Fanart
We reached the goal but you can still donate if you want, Extra Life lasts all year.
- You can donate at any time before/during/after the stream.
- I’ll be streaming all day and there’ll be a recording afterwards, so don’t worry about missing out.
- You don’t need to have a Twitch account to watch the stream, but you do need one to be able to get notifications and join in the chat.
- I can only name soldiers if I can see your names, I won’t be following comments here.
- Don’t like the site? Pop out the player! Pop out the chat! Rearrange everything how you see fit!
- Don’t like the chat? Connect through IRC!
- Feel free to ask and request anything, have fun, and help sick kids!
Available for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/319050/
I’m attending Firaxicon (Baltimore MD, USA) on October 3 if anyone’s around and wants to meet up, after which I’ll return to my cave and never be seen again.
That’s it. I didn’t wanna distract you from your TFTD.
DISCLAIMER: This is not a final release! We did not ignore all your feedback for the last year! There will still be many more fixes and additions before the next milestone!
Due to popular demand and the satisfactory performance of Terror from the Deep in the stream olympics, we have decided to unleash it onto the nightly builds so that everyone can try it out. Our goal here is to get as much testing of vanilla TFTD and make sure it’s fully playable from start to end, before you all decide to mod the crap out of it. 😛 Please report all bugs and inaccuracies here, and let me remind you the game being too hard / too easy does not count.
Installation Instructions for 1.0 users:
- A clean install is recommended. Extract the ZIP separately from 1.0 and reset your options to default.
- Put your UFO game files in “openxcom/ufo/” and your TFTD game files in “openxcom/tftd/”.
- Mods go in their own folders in “<save folder>/mods”. More details here.
- You can switch between games in Options > Mods. Note that UFO mods aren’t compatible with TFTD and vice-versa.
With all that out of the way… enjoy like these fine folk have!
As of today’s code changes, all current installations, configs, and mods are now “outdated”.
The data folder is a thing of the past, so installation instructions for up-to-date versions will need to be updated to reflect the new changes.
In a nutshell, Xcom data goes in the /UFO/ folder now, not in the /data/ folder.
Mod installation and standardisation has also changed drastically, more details can be found HERE.
And i guess here’s some screenshots of TFTD to whet your appetites.
IMPORTANT: TFTD is still not fully supported, and cannot be enabled yet.
The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
The server is currently hosting Two projects: “UFO: Alien Invasion,” and “OpenXcom.”
To continue providing hosting services we will need to raise funds for the coming year, to pay for both the service and possibly some new hardware, or a new server computer altogether, especially if such services are to be provided free of advertisements on the project websites.
In addition to the two projects mentioned, we also host additional programming and development tools for the community, including a snapshot autobuilder for OpenXcom, and a buildbot for UFO: Alien Invasion.
We also welcome new projects that are freely available and preferably open-source in nature, and hope to continue to provide tools for the community to grow, but we will need your help and support to do so.
Please consider a donation for our cause, which you can give via the following link:
For European Users (EUR):
For USA Users (USD):
We sincerely thank you for any support you provide.