Time for the yearly tradition again. I play old games live, you can’t believe what you’re watching, the kids get paid!
Extra Life is a charity that raises money for the Children’s Miracle Network hospitals via streamers all around the world. Including us! Check their website for more details.
How to join:
- Stream starts at Nov 2rd 12pm GMT and spans 24 hours (or until I fall asleep). Usually starts with old games and ends with X-COM, so there’s something for everyone.
- Subscribe to the Twitch channel to be notified and watch when it goes live.
- Donate here and spread the word!
- Join the Discord if you wanna talk, don’t be shy! Or do be shy and just hang around in chat. Feel free to ask me questions and/or make fun of me.
- This FAQ is still handy.
Edit: Stream’s over. Thanks everyone for watching and donating, we raised $490! If you missed it, here’s the recording. You can use the Chapters dropdown to skip to X-COM if you want.
Extra Life is a charity that raises money for the Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. We promote it by playing games live, you donate to help sick kids, everyone wins!
Sadly I had to miss last year’s, but this year I’m gonna try and make up for it by going for a full 24h. That’s right, twenty-four hours of me playing old PC games and probably being really bad at them! You can’t miss it!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Stream starts at Nov 3rd 12pm GMT and ends at Nov 4th 12pm GMT (hopefully).
- Subscribe to the Twitch channel to be notified when it goes live.
- Send your generous dollars to the donations page and spread the word!
- Join the Discord if you wanna be a co-commentator, otherwise just hang around in chat.
- This FAQ is still handy.
Sorry about the recent silence, we’ve been working hard on restoring the status quo. Case in point, we now have a shiny new mod portal hosted by the fine folks at mod.io. Click below to check it out and spread the word to your fellow modders to upload their work there:
It’s by the same people that have been running Mod DB all these years, so hopefully it should be more reliable than the last one. 😉 I heartily recommend it to any other indie / open-source games looking for a mod platform that doesn’t tie them down to a storefront.
Disclaimer: This is a very early build of Phoenix Point and I am very bad at videogames, so anything you see is subject to change and not representative of the final product.
Edit: Stream’s over, here’s the recording if you missed it:
Watch Phoenix Point Alpha Backer Build from SupSuper on www.twitch.tv
Due to the recurrent technical issues with the third-party mod portal, we no longer condone using it and instead recommend using the Released Mods forum until an alternative is available. Even if you manage to access the site, there’s no guarantee the content will still be maintained by modders, while the forums will always have the latest version. Despite the domain, the mod portal is entirely unaffiliated with OpenXcom and its status has no bearing on the official website and game. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we’re opening up translations for popular mods. Help bring your favorites to your native language by following this link. Instructions for modders will follow soon in the forums.