aliens

Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 183172 times)

Offline BOBAH

• Sergeant
  • XX
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2018, 09:43:40 am »
hi from one russian-man from Uzbekistan)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2018, 10:42:25 am »
Greetings, and welcome to the site! I didn't get around to welcoming efrenespartano or Badfella, and they have already made excellent contributions! I have no doubt we'll be seeing more of each other around here!

Offline BOBAH

• Sergeant
  • XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2018, 12:40:53 pm »
this is one of my favorite games. Interesting is its uniqueness. In particular I use it for additional study of foreign languages.

Offline Panzerschlag

• Squaddie
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2019, 04:59:40 am »
Hello, I'm Panzerschlag. I grew up playing this game, and it was one of the first games I can ever remember playing as a child; I was excited when I found that this project was completed as I stumbled across it shortly after its inception. I have modding experience with a number of other games, primarily with German to English translation, music, level design, and graphics design in the Emergency game series. I also have a bit of programming know how, but only enough to be dangerous. I have quite the project that I am already underway with, and I'm always open to lend a hand with anyone else that needs modding help!

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2019, 06:51:22 am »
Welcome Panzaschlang, take a look around and make yourself comfortable as you have found the best community on the internet :)

Offline sigmich

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2019, 11:37:52 pm »
Hi,

I just only want to say hello and big thanks to all great developers and moders. Because I have no programming or graphics skills or new mod ideas I only play openxcom, but a lot. Although I play mostly original xcom campaign with oxce I'm going to play and get into some mod heavily in near future.

I'm enjoying openxcom very much and I consider xcom to be best game ever. I play it also on my phone and tablet. I'm really surpised how great and funny could be gaming on such a small device.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2019, 10:53:18 am »
Welcome SigMich, i am sure those MOD ideas will come  in time :)

Offline Dotcore Jetkill

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2019, 02:41:14 pm »
Hi everyone!

I'm Lance from Hungary, I develop software by day. I started playing Ufo Defense in middle school (20 years ago?) and have played on and off since then. I've installed OpenXcom when Enemy Unknown 2012 came out - because the demo crashed my laptop and needed a fix - and never looked back.

Some stats:
Ufo Defense games started: probably double digits
Ufo Defense games finished: 0
TFTD games started: 0
Apocalypse games started: 1-2
Apocalypse games won: 0

I'm very experienced in the early game :D My mid-game falls apart, thus never making it to Cydonia. Hopefully this current one will be different. :P

Offline Hashirama015

• Sergeant
  • Omnia Mors Est Infideles
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2019, 01:39:21 pm »
Hi, name's Ray James but you can call me Rj or James or whatever makes you comfortable. In study programmer, game dev and musician. I have been gaming since I was 5. Used to play lots of games, mmo's and other stuff like Dead frontier, Multi theft auto (Gta san andreas multiplayer mod), Garena early call of duty mw, skyrim and the fallout series.  Started playing xcom 2012, xenonauts then after my PC broke I searched for anything xcom like that I could play on my android phone and that's where I found about Xcom: UFO defense and then found openxcom and this forum. I always like games that are moddable it always allows me to modify my chars and a little bit RPing but it also prevents me from finishing the game due to my constant seeking of mods that can add stuff, improve immersion,combat,blablabla and whatnot.

Offline Ikara

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • Dianabol Review
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2019, 03:28:25 pm »
Hi everyone, I am Ikara and I have just now joined this forum.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2019, 10:12:07 pm »
Hi everyone, I am Ikara and I have just now joined this forum.

Welcome to the madness  :P

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2020, 10:37:38 pm »
Hello. I am an enthusiast of quality space games like Freespace with some X-Com experience. My interest in UFO Defense got rekindled by the discovery of OpenXCOM and the X-Piratez mod in particular. It was love at first sight, and I'm enjoying both the bizarre atmosphere and the close combat focused gameplay. Then I've found the mod community with all the interesting options. I'm also curious about the 40k mod and X-Com Files, though I want to save the last one for until I am *very* confident in my tactical skills. From what I've seen, Solarius Scorch doesn't pull any punches when it comes to challenge.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2020, 02:34:20 am »
Welcome!

I'm also curious about the 40k mod and X-Com Files, though I want to save the last one for until I am *very* confident in my tactical skills. From what I've seen, Solarius Scorch doesn't pull any punches when it comes to challenge.
A lot of the mods here are punishingly difficult. If you can play X-Piratez, I think you can play the X-Com Files. Each mod will have its own learning curve, they're generally all more difficult than the original game, but none of them are really unplayable to most veteran X-Commers.

Offline LT_MWG

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Posting to avoid cleanup (SPAM attack)
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2020, 05:59:58 pm »
Hi All,

Just a quick post to avoid getting thrown out in the next post SPAM cleanup.
My appreciation for OpenXCOM and especially the Android version, it's awesome.

Cheers!
Maarten

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2020, 05:41:11 am »
I am Thermite, me likes the XCOMs and me a furry.
Kissus lovelies.