Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 60318 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Colonel
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2018, 03:47:20 pm »
I was lurking the forum for a since 2015 and I barely registered in 2017, although I became active early in 2018. (I didn't notice this thread exists!)

I am Mexican, I am 20 years old and I am a law student (my profile picture is one of my favorite memes related to my career and with XCOM, it is a nuisance that I can not read). I know, it's rare for a lawyer to try to work in a game.

I discovered this game when Xcom 2012 came out, it really caught my attention, but my PC could not support  it. So I looked for alternatives and found UFO: EU for an emulator. I still remember that in my first game everything went to hell in May, after a failed base defense mission. Then I found the OpenXcom forum in 2014 through the UFO: Alien Invasion forum. I started playing it and it made me very happy. :') For a long time I was unware about the the existence of the forum, I only used the old page of mods, I found it by chance. I was following closely the work of Liberation in Battle For Mars, it is a pity that it has been forgotten for so long.

Recently I started to work more actively doing mods for this glorious game. It is a pleasure to be part of one of the most active communities and even more, that the work of everyone here persists so much, 8 years after its birth.

Offline Badfella

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2018, 01:44:36 am »
Hello, I'm Badfella. I joined last night because I'm interested in modding.

Offline BOBAH

• Sergeant
  • XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2018, 09:43:40 am »
hi from one russian-man from Uzbekistan)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2018, 10:42:25 am »
Greetings, and welcome to the site! I didn't get around to welcoming efrenespartano or Badfella, and they have already made excellent contributions! I have no doubt we'll be seeing more of each other around here!

Offline BOBAH

• Sergeant
  • XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2018, 12:40:53 pm »
this is one of my favorite games. Interesting is its uniqueness. In particular I use it for additional study of foreign languages.

Offline Panzerschlag

• Squaddie
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2019, 04:59:40 am »
Hello, I'm Panzerschlag. I grew up playing this game, and it was one of the first games I can ever remember playing as a child; I was excited when I found that this project was completed as I stumbled across it shortly after its inception. I have modding experience with a number of other games, primarily with German to English translation, music, level design, and graphics design in the Emergency game series. I also have a bit of programming know how, but only enough to be dangerous. I have quite the project that I am already underway with, and I'm always open to lend a hand with anyone else that needs modding help!

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2019, 06:51:22 am »
Welcome Panzaschlang, take a look around and make yourself comfortable as you have found the best community on the internet :)

Offline sigmich

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2019, 11:37:52 pm »
Hi,

I just only want to say hello and big thanks to all great developers and moders. Because I have no programming or graphics skills or new mod ideas I only play openxcom, but a lot. Although I play mostly original xcom campaign with oxce I'm going to play and get into some mod heavily in near future.

I'm enjoying openxcom very much and I consider xcom to be best game ever. I play it also on my phone and tablet. I'm really surpised how great and funny could be gaming on such a small device.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2019, 10:53:18 am »
Welcome SigMich, i am sure those MOD ideas will come  in time :)

Offline Dotcore Jetkill

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2019, 02:41:14 pm »
Hi everyone!

I'm Lance from Hungary, I develop software by day. I started playing Ufo Defense in middle school (20 years ago?) and have played on and off since then. I've installed OpenXcom when Enemy Unknown 2012 came out - because the demo crashed my laptop and needed a fix - and never looked back.

Some stats:
Ufo Defense games started: probably double digits
Ufo Defense games finished: 0
TFTD games started: 0
Apocalypse games started: 1-2
Apocalypse games won: 0

I'm very experienced in the early game :D My mid-game falls apart, thus never making it to Cydonia. Hopefully this current one will be different. :P