aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 305030 times)

misterx

Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #480 on: December 02, 2019, 09:53:47 am »
That's not a sprite, sprites are 32x48 max, 256 colors xcom palette.

Another shot

Edit: also the machinegun these are all GIFs, hopefully should be in max 256 color scale
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:49:00 pm by misterx »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2019, 04:53:14 am »
Also, a Jezail is effectively a sister design to the Kentucky long rifle, which we should have, since Dioxine was nice enough to add that design, more or less, in after I whined suggested it a while back.  And which I thanklessly have never actually used.

Seriously, they're basically decorated muzzle loaded rifles

misterx

« Reply #482 on: December 10, 2019, 03:52:28 pm »
Also, Dear Dioxine and Solarius, how about to use the hangar pic sames as robin's "from the apocalypse" mod? Screenshot here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3319.msg120562.html#msg120562

Also, may we getin xpiratez only one starting hangar and a new custom base layout, similar to the one in openxcom files? (see here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4595.msg120555.html#msg120555)

new_civilian has provided also some excellent sounds for some firearms, here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7646.0.html

Piratez uses still the vanilla base layout from 1994!! May be supposed to some sort of tribute (an ancient base survived over centuries...) but some more customization would be nice and wellcome :)

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 10, 2019, 08:54:09 pm »
You can activate "custom starting base" layout in options.

misterx

« Reply #484 on: December 10, 2019, 09:33:13 pm »
You can activate "custom starting base" layout in options.

Obviously i know, i mean havin one already premade may be more comfortable

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 11, 2019, 07:44:56 pm »
Obviously i know, i mean havin one already premade may be more comfortable

Nothing is more comfortable than creating the best defense layout without usage of corridors and "trap" rooms.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 11, 2019, 09:12:02 pm »
I think piratez starts with 1 hangar? And the 1994 layout had no security corridor, no still and so on.

My last defence ended on turn 2 when the last raiders were mind controlled and maybe panicking. A lot already died in turn one. Some gals were badly hurt, but no one died. Well apart from a reaper that started in the hangar with the raiders.
Having some bugeyes that can mind control is really good if you want the enemy to waste their reaction shots.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 12, 2019, 09:40:13 pm »
I'd like some ways to turn brainers into soldiers, since we already have ways to turn potential soldiers (escaped lunatics) into brainers, altough you'd be hard pressed to turn a valuable brainer into something that can get killed, unless that one soldier type happens to be particulary interesting or powerful.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2019, 05:32:41 pm »
I don't think this feature is necessary at all.
Just ditch them and hire some "warriors" or "freaks" if you're feeling lucky with stat-roulette.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #489 on: December 15, 2019, 06:21:53 pm »
The idea of conscripting Brainers sounds fun, but it's superfluous and wouldn't really do anything substantial. Also, AFAIK it's not technically possible.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 16, 2019, 12:51:49 pm »
It would probably amount to really expensive warriors (because why would they take less money for a more dangerous job?) with bad physical stats.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 17, 2019, 04:48:39 am »
I'd like some ways to turn brainers into soldiers

I'll mod a quote to explain why this isn't possible:

"(We brainers) aren't the (soldiers) you're looking for."

Beware brainer mind tricks.  :P

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 19, 2019, 04:03:38 pm »
Some ideas that may be worth exploring:
Hybrids have a slightly better accuracy cap than gals. This could be raised a lot higher to create a new role for them on the battlefield: the glass cannon.
- Autoshot on weapons is usually of low enough accuracy that you will get benefits from a better firing skill all the way to 200 and more.
- High accuracy hybrids would get the most out of dakka type weapons, which tend to be heavy. This gives balance, as the hardest hitters of the dakka type are usually also the heaviest, but they are too heavy for a hybrid. The weaker and lighter dakka will then be more viable, since they become very strong in the hands of a hybrid.
- Hybrid outfits suitable for fighting usually have a penalty on voodoo, so you have to choose their role. You won't get a soldier that is good at voodoo and shooting at the same time.
- When balanced properly, all this gives you the choice to swap one of your gals for a higher dps, but more frail hybrid.

While thinking about heavy dakka weapons: For weapons with heavy recoil like a minigin, strength could be used as a skill modifier for accuracy. I'm pretty sure the ruleset supports that. And we already have armors that provide a strength bonus, to synergize with such weapons.

misterx

« Reply #493 on: December 20, 2019, 11:57:30 am »
In the meantime, may be fun to have some piratre wardrobe upgrade avaiable after some research at the beginning of the game, care for some buccaneer suits? Google has some hints about :)

I've also done a couple of tools for the ninja gals, a remake of the jetzal musket and nunchakus!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #494 on: December 22, 2019, 04:01:04 pm »
Also, Dear Dioxine and Solarius, how about to use the hangar pic sames as robin's "from the apocalypse" mod? Screenshot here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3319.msg120562.html#msg120562

Also, may we getin xpiratez only one starting hangar and a new custom base layout, similar to the one in openxcom files? (see here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4595.msg120555.html#msg120555)

new_civilian has provided also some excellent sounds for some firearms, here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7646.0.html

Piratez uses still the vanilla base layout from 1994!! May be supposed to some sort of tribute (an ancient base survived over centuries...) but some more customization would be nice and wellcome :)

1) No.
2) No.
3) Piratez does not use vanilla base layout, check your glasses.

I'd like some ways to turn brainers into soldiers, since we already have ways to turn potential soldiers (escaped lunatics) into brainers, altough you'd be hard pressed to turn a valuable brainer into something that can get killed, unless that one soldier type happens to be particulary interesting or powerful.

1) Who would use $200k susbstandard soldiers?
2) More importantly Brainers' race is not determined, since they can be Ubers or Gnomes (or maybe even someone else).

Some ideas that may be worth exploring:
Hybrids have a slightly better accuracy cap than gals. This could be raised a lot higher to create a new role for them on the battlefield: the glass cannon.

No. Hybrids don't have such supernatural firing abilities.

In the meantime, may be fun to have some piratre wardrobe upgrade avaiable after some research at the beginning of the game, care for some buccaneer suits?

Gfx assets don't grow on trees.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 04:05:48 pm by Dioxine »