Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304848 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2019, 10:32:27 pm »
Roland, I understood 0% of your message. Write in English. Or write in Russian or whatever is your language and google-translate it. It would still be better than your attempts.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 30, 2019, 03:38:14 pm »
The problem is quantum wave collapse.
Problem: you got 3 original brainers (ubers) and you got 1 Gnome whom you turned into a Brainer as well.
Question: What should be the output race of Brainer -> soldier?

1basic question - what race are brainers? (scientists) ?

..about that spawning (in time when base-defense action)  , and/or tracing,"dossier-ing" brainers (and engineers  amybe too), - there are 2 possible ..approaches :

1.)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 02, 2020, 06:38:38 am »
..and i want Yennefer, as playable char.!

(amybe, triss too :p ;D)

:DDD :D) :) :) :p :p :P ;P

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 02, 2020, 06:57:04 am »
..and i want Yennefer, as playable char.!

(amybe, triss too :p ;D)

:DDD :D) :) :) :p :p :P ;P

All it takes is to pick a random gal, change her appearance to something matching and changing her name. BOOM! Ready.

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 24, 2020, 09:58:37 pm »
I don't know if it would be possible but I'd like to see more production options with the captives in addition of the existing ones (robbery, enslavement, interrogation). Specifically there are 2 options I'd like to see:

1) Public execution. After researching proper media related technologies production should get option to publicly execute prisoners of some especially despised factions such as Humanists or Star Gods. Reward would be infamy and/or bounty tokes for appropriate factions. For example  public execution  of Humanist would reward some infamy + tokes for mutant alliance + same equipment executed Humanist would drop if killed in combat. Drawback of public execution would be loss of bounty and less loot then robbing. Naturally infamy and token rewards would vary by faction and rank of executed  prisoner. Also it should probably increase probability faction of executed prisoner will attack player's bases. 

2) Show Trials. After researching some very advanced technologies like "legal code" or something like that there should be be option in production to use high ranking captives in show trials.  Basically same thing as public execution but providing even bigger rewards while being limited only to high ranking captives.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 25, 2020, 08:21:56 am »
Pirates don't do public executions or trials. There's other institutions for that, historically.

Offline ZoA

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 25, 2020, 09:57:31 am »
Pirates don't do public executions or trials. There's other institutions for that, historically.

Pirates don't do executions, of course not, except when they are on a mission to save Lokk'Naars, but instead execute 3 of them. 8)

On a more serious note flavor of those jobs could be modified to fit pirating better. Executions should be called something like "walk the plank" and trials could be "enforcing the pirate code"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 06:02:16 pm by ZoA »

Offline ZoA

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 28, 2020, 09:16:47 pm »
I did a little research (only for scientific purposes of course) for suitable art that could be used in Bootipedia entries for my "executions" and "show trials" ides.

For executions this would fit quite nicely:
https://www.deviantart.com/scebiqu/art/SMITE-Nemesis-Executioner-529489227

For more piraty flavor of the same:
https://www.deviantart.com/natamin/art/Game-Over-Walk-The-Plank-690863608
https://www.deviantart.com/hoschie/art/Walk-the-plank-138519678

For show trials there are two ways to go. First is simple Pirate Code flavor, and in that case this art could work fine to represent Pirate jury:
https://www.deviantart.com/maelora69/art/Hipsters-Don-t-Lie-Tech-Girls-607243542

Alternate way to stile show trials would be inspired by Judge Dredd comics given it is already canon that much of brainerz understanding of the world comes from comics. To that end Bootipedia entry could be something featuring female judges from 2000 AD universe:
https://www.deviantart.com/bumhand/art/2000-AD-Deadworld-703262679
https://www.deviantart.com/terrydodson/art/Judge-Anderson-NYCC-568692650
https://www.deviantart.com/paulsuttonart/art/Judge-Anderson-Don-t-Judge-Me-PERV-518576375
https://www.deviantart.com/rvalenzuela80/art/Judge-Anderson-atop-Hammerstein-Rubble-412852307
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2015/11/vts-toys-vm-013-16th-scale-new-epoch.html

As a more complicated option there could possibly be 2 mutually exclusive technologies player could develop:

?Pirate Code?

or

?THE LAW?

Each technology could bring different benefit and or restrictions. For example ?THE LAW? inspired by 2000AD could give much higher benefits from trial jobs but be more restrictive in who can be prosecuted then more piratey flavored ?Pirate Code?. Also "THE LAW" could remove certain enemies and missions form geoscape such as civilians, governments and clearly illegal missions, also could lock out some other option such as European Syndicates. How much and how far this could go depends on balance issues other people understand better then me, and on necessary development time. If it takes too much time to develop then it best be kept simple.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 01, 2020, 11:36:13 pm »

Historically pirates had enough authority to commit public executions and much more.

As for teenage mutant ninja pirate turtles ubers present in the mod they are proxy militant force which are paid for hostile actions towards major powers. There is some "t-word" identifying similar organisations in reality and, yes, they do perform public executions both historically and nowadays.

I'm not sure about currently present "robbery" logic but executions of hostages for infamy gain seems quite legit for me.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 02, 2020, 02:19:50 am »
I'm honored that someone created an account just to respond to this fun post :)

Welcome on the forum. Enjoy.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 02, 2020, 05:19:48 am »
Historically pirates had enough authority to commit public executions and much more.

As for teenage mutant ninja pirate turtles ubers present in the mod they are proxy militant force which are paid for hostile actions towards major powers. There is some "t-word" identifying similar organisations in reality and, yes, they do perform public executions both historically and nowadays.

I'm not sure about currently present "robbery" logic but executions of hostages for infamy gain seems quite legit for me.

..it all reminds me, - i kust got 1idea for a new type of mission - kidnapp, (or kill), one or more "person(s) of interest - any top-scientist working for enemy, or some (corrupted) politician, oligarch, /businessman collaborating with enemy, bad, dark side, or such, etc etc..

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:15 am »
All it takes is to pick a random gal, change her appearance to something matching and changing her name. BOOM! Ready.

yap, well, good advice, but what about with magics ?

(...they´re both are magicians, wizards, (well, sorceresses), and quite damn top-levels, powerfull, and (almost) top-tier´ish..  :P  8) ;)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 02, 2020, 07:13:06 am »
Guess you'll have to give them sorceress gear?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 02, 2020, 01:14:11 pm »
..it all reminds me, - i kust got 1idea for a new type of mission - kidnapp, (or kill), one or more "person(s) of interest - any top-scientist working for enemy, or some (corrupted) politician, oligarch, /businessman collaborating with enemy, bad, dark side, or such, etc etc..

You mean the Technomancer and Gnome missions?

Offline Khazaar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 12, 2020, 03:05:58 pm »
First off, great mod! So much future potential. The other "races" that you can recruit offer variety but probably are very nieche if you go girlpath. But I could see variant starts where you play as a tribe of Loknar/Gnome/Human survivors wo Gals which would make for a challenging game and you would have to adapt your stategies. Imagine human rebels vs. Humanists (Allies vs. Axis)

What I would like to see is dedicated Aux spots on the vehicles that you can´t put regular troops depending on the size of the Vehicles. Currently most of the aux aren´t useful enough to warrant swiching regular troops out for them, so I don´t use them. They are just too weak. (Would be much more useful in a variant start (Loknar/Humans only).

So I would suggest:

5-6 slots 1 Aux hardcoded

8-9 slots 2 Aux slots hardcoded

12 slots 4 Aux (one big guy/ vehicle)

16 slots 6 Aux  etc.

Hope this is constructive...