Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 543481 times)

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3300 on: January 12, 2022, 05:01:00 am »
It seems you only get the Zortium Jacket after the shadow realm missions questline. I tried doing that but gave up since my soldiers got further in age (collecting Immortal awards) and I was still in the "repeat the first mission type until further notice" part. So I just went to Cydonia without it. But I cerainly did go with the whole durathread Braa, armored corset and studded stockings set.

Anyway the does the bootypedia site somewhere show how exactly hitbox size of armor influences gameplay, I missed it so far.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3301 on: January 12, 2022, 05:32:23 pm »
it does not, because it's very complex for what is a relatively minor result. It could not be adequately explained without picking apart and exposing the inner working of how the game manages 3d space and how shots actually travel. and that would then demand further explanations of how non standard weapons like arcing and shot guns really work.

Much illusion would be lost, and would require probably take 7-8 pages to do justice, for what amounts to your model is slightly fatter you will get missed a few % point less.

to be clear, A bigger model means something that does not pick the best cone of fire has more surface area to maybe strike. More near misses become hits, but anything that was a clear hit or miss didn't change.

Offline Ruberto

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 13, 2022, 01:12:23 pm »
I am having a big think over the following: I have some 3 enemy bases on the map (2 merc and 1 star gods). I tried them when they appeared and was defeated badly. Now, after some time i feel I could maybe wreck a merc base now, but  it would still be a very bloody on my part (loosing some high-level gals and power armour I made from downed enemy over the months), and with little useful loot to show for it (Gauss guns are coded, and I already have lots of cash).
Also generate enough infamy to tank the infamy penalty for enemy bases.
So my question is are there any other problems from leaving enemy bases alone, that would warrant the high losses in manpower and irreplaceable materials?

Offline Earthquake

• Sergeant
  • Russia must be eliminated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: January 13, 2022, 02:11:12 pm »
So my question is are there any other problems from leaving enemy bases alone, that would warrant the high losses in manpower and irreplaceable materials?
Nope. Moreover - score penalty from bases easily counter by burning their supply ships (even without ground mission)
And 4 trained Syn with melee laser weapons can easily take merc base.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3304 on: January 14, 2022, 03:34:47 am »
So long as you can afford the score hits, merc and star god bases are only worth hitting if you need there VIPs still since there assured to spawn one.