Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1108962 times)

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1050 on: April 12, 2018, 12:51:26 pm »
Please do something with spitters! >:( They absolutely do not want to attack my soldiers, but only crawl around.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1051 on: April 12, 2018, 01:31:51 pm »
"They don't shoot" is some I've been hearing a lot regarding various enemies, both in X-Com Files and Piratez. Might be some AI quirk or bad usage of the spotter/sniper mechanics in the ruleset, but Spitters don't use it, so then probably not. I will try to arrange an audit or something.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 12, 2018, 02:30:05 pm »
Spitters are marked as "leeroy jenkins", but don't have any melee weapon...

EDIT: Repetitio, mater studiorum: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5628.0.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:06:54 pm by Meridian »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 12, 2018, 07:05:26 pm »
Alright, uploading a save because I found a rather ridiculous situation: The "concealable" label for weapons is borked, if only for the "Capture League" missions. That, or somehow the agents managed to shoehorn a heavy machine-gun, grenade launchers and more into a small car through the customs clearance. Check the first agent's inventory to see the arsenal on his feet.

Next, another bug visible in that same save is that Heavy Machineguns can be acquired before Promotion 3 despite the 'pedia page saying so. Speaking of: What is their purpose exactly? They seem to be a way too bulky mini-gun and less efficient. Must I have power armor to use this weapon properly, or can agents increase their Strength to 80 or more? Actually, are the stats limits the same as regular XCOM?

Another thing I'm not sure it is a bug or an unfortunate case of a failing mission scenario generator: Why do I get so many missions with the same dirty, overdone wooden-fence village so frequently? I had the scenario seen in the save for monster hunts, arrest suspects, spider attacks and more. For more hilarity this particular example is meant to be placed somewhere in Europe IIRC, not Africa or the like. Does having the Piratez mod installed as well somehow influence this?

Lastly, do Laser Cannons (aka the Craft gun) use Elerium to reload at the base? I'm not sure if they do, I think they don't, but you have to research Elerium and Alien Laser Weaponry to unlock them, so I had my doubts. Do Craft Plasma Cannons consume Elerium as well?

At least it seems that after all Xcom does manage to unlock bulky laser guns more or less by themselves, as I mentioned here before.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:07:08 pm by HumanTraitor »

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 13, 2018, 02:59:59 pm »
Thanks for the help, Meridian! I deleted the row "leeroy jenkins" and now the spitters are armed and dangerous 8). Everything works as it should. We still have to look osiron and syndicate, there were similar problems there too.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 13, 2018, 03:02:01 pm »
Thanks for the help, Meridian! I deleted the row "leeroy jenkins" and now the spitters are armed and dangerous 8). Everything works as it should. We still have to look osiron and syndicate, there were similar problems there too.

If you can provide a save, it would help me...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 13, 2018, 05:54:05 pm »
Alright, uploading a save because I found a rather ridiculous situation: The "concealable" label for weapons is borked, if only for the "Capture League" missions. That, or somehow the agents managed to shoehorn a heavy machine-gun, grenade launchers and more into a small car through the customs clearance. Check the first agent's inventory to see the arsenal on his feet.

Lol, interesting. Works just fine for me. I have no explanation. :)

Next, another bug visible in that same save is that Heavy Machineguns can be acquired before Promotion 3 despite the 'pedia page saying so.

Code: [Select]
Purchasing this weapon requires: Machine Guns License.Wat?

Speaking of: What is their purpose exactly? They seem to be a way too bulky mini-gun and less efficient.

Why would I know that? It's the player's job to figure out the purpose of various weapons. :P

Must I have power armor to use this weapon properly, or can agents increase their Strength to 80 or more? Actually, are the stats limits the same as regular XCOM?

No, you don't need strength enhancement for this (apart from the usual serum applied to all X-Com agents). And stat limits are mostly the same, except I think Throwing.

Another thing I'm not sure it is a bug or an unfortunate case of a failing mission scenario generator: Why do I get so many missions with the same dirty, overdone wooden-fence village so frequently? I had the scenario seen in the save for monster hunts, arrest suspects, spider attacks and more. For more hilarity this particular example is meant to be placed somewhere in Europe IIRC, not Africa or the like. Does having the Piratez mod installed as well somehow influence this?

*Shrug* Random chance, really. And I don't think it's a conflict with Piratez, if it's not active - which pretty obviously it isn't, right? Right?)

Lastly, do Laser Cannons (aka the Craft gun) use Elerium to reload at the base? I'm not sure if they do, I think they don't, but you have to research Elerium and Alien Laser Weaponry to unlock them, so I had my doubts. Do Craft Plasma Cannons consume Elerium as well?

Plasma cannons consume elerium, laser cannons no.
[/quote]

We still have to look osiron and syndicate, there were similar problems there too.

These units do not use Leeroy Jenkins behaviour.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 13, 2018, 08:10:00 pm »
I have two small questions worthy of a'newbie':  :-[

- I acquired the possibility of building small radars. I built some on every base, including my initial base. On all bases I see the radar range circle except around my initial base. Is that normal? Maybe the radars are useless on the initial base?

- I don't understand English, so I have trouble understanding these words: "leeroy jenkins"!
Does that mean monsters with this variable are "suicide warriors" (kamikaze / berserker ) ?

Thank you !

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 13, 2018, 08:28:37 pm »
The HQ in your initial base is a radar with global range and low detection chance; since it's the largest range in the game, it gets drawn on the globe instead of any other.

Enemies that use the 'leeroy jenkins' AI mode are supposed to melee charge you no matter what.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 13, 2018, 08:43:35 pm »
Thank you very much !  :)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 14, 2018, 01:17:31 pm »
Lol, interesting. Works just fine for me. I have no explanation. :)

Well, it's not the only "infiltration" mission where this happens. Ski resort and beach ones at least forbid you from bringing anything except flare guns, the dart weaponry and little else.

Code: [Select]
Purchasing this weapon requires: Machine Guns License.Wat?

Yeah, I researched that and bought a few of them, despite the article stating you need Promotion 3.

In another note, I interrogated a live Strix as well as a random Ghoul and unlocked the "Follow the Zombies" research path, which I'm not sure if it's intended. Their 'pedia article still mentions "Tomb Guards", which I didn't encounter at the time yet.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 15, 2018, 06:34:55 am »
1. Bows and crossbows, as well as throwing weapons (shuriken and yajiri) are marked "space weapons". I do not think that's right.
2. Why can we buy a ship laser gun in the store. It's strange, it's always required to produce it. And it seems she demanded an elirium.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 15, 2018, 10:22:19 am »
1. Bows and crossbows, as well as throwing weapons (shuriken and yajiri) are marked "space weapons". I do not think that's right.

And why not? They work perfectly fine in space. (Though obviously in microgravity a bow wouldn't arc, so if I ever add such missions, I'll probably disallow bows from space.)

2. Why can we buy a ship laser gun in the store. It's strange, it's always required to produce it. And it seems she demanded an elirium.

You can't produce Laser Cannon... Are you sure you can manufacture it in your game?
(And it definitely doesn't burn Elerium...)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:24:14 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Lohland

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 15, 2018, 10:44:20 am »
They work perfectly fine in space.

The flight of an arrow in space will be unstable. The plumage of the arrow has nothing to "lean on". Maybe even somersault

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 15, 2018, 11:31:11 am »
I finally maanged to acquire the Arrow craft... But unfortunately I cannot use it.
I got a Mothballed CF-something Arrow that implies you can tinker with the Workshop/s, but there's no option to do anything with it. I tried unlocking Promotion 3 and Advanced Flight, but it doesn't work. Of course, I left an Hangar free in case that was the issue, but no dice.

Am I missing something, or is this bugged?

As for the Laser Cannon, I think it was made "buyable" so that you couldn't spam creating and selling them like the vanilla game.