Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.1: Big Rain  (Read 459472 times)

Offline HumanTraitor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.1: Big Rain
« Reply #3240 on: January 27, 2020, 12:01:46 am »
Correct action is to change those custom XCF mods to require XCF as master (instead of xcom1).

How would you do that? Adding a medatada file that specifically mentions XCF as the master mod? What about those mods that were compatible with x-com 1 but also worked for X-Files (such as the Fire Blanket one)? Would that trick work?
Could it be possible to simply "undo" the master status on the XCF mod to be less of a hassle?

Offline the nomad

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: January 27, 2020, 12:50:44 pm »
Is there some kind of cheat to win a mission or kill all enemies in the map? Because I'm in a Cyberweb army attack mission, a couple of cyborgs seem to have spawned in a place inaccessible, even by explosives.

Well it seems I can reach them with 6 high explosives but my soldiers flip out by the time I prepare the bombs due to depleted readiness, so if there is anyway to modify their readiness or morale that could work too I guess. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:48:15 pm by the nomad »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3242 on: January 28, 2020, 01:05:51 am »
Sorry, but are you also talking about extensions like these that are embedded in the "standard" folder :
- Aliens_Pick_Up_Weapons
- UFOextender_Psionic_Line_Of_Fire

They won't work anymore either?  :-[

They never really worked with XCF, which is something I couldn't get through to you numbskulls, which in the end resulted in this change. :P

Offline justaround

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: January 28, 2020, 04:43:02 pm »
Is there some kind of cheat to win a mission or kill all enemies in the map? Because I'm in a Cyberweb army attack mission, a couple of cyborgs seem to have spawned in a place inaccessible, even by explosives.
I recall there being dev commands that allow stuff like making whole map visible and moving units around. Once or twice in some earlier version I had to use that myself when caves in X-Com Files spawned with portions of them inaccessible/disconnected but with enemies.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3244 on: January 28, 2020, 05:10:16 pm »
And I'm interested in those spawns, they should not happen in the first place. Do you have a save?

Offline the nomad

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 28, 2020, 08:04:00 pm »
I recall there being dev commands that allow stuff like making whole map visible and moving units around. Once or twice in some earlier version I had to use that myself when caves in X-Com Files spawned with portions of them inaccessible/disconnected but with enemies.

I eventually managed to complete with a lot of loads but I will look for it if happens again, thanks.

And I'm interested in those spawns, they should not happen in the first place. Do you have a save?

There is one after I used a couple of high explosives, here it is.