aliens

Author Topic: The X-Com Files - 1.8: The Shores of Hell  (Read 797157 times)

Offline 8mono

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.8: The Shores of Hell
« Reply #4155 on: April 20, 2021, 09:09:40 pm »
Two off-topic questions...

1) What's the recommendation for updating mid-campaign? I've got a 1.7 going that's in the first year of the invasion. Do I stick to 1.7 or is updating to 1.8 recommended?
2) Googled but came up with nothing... what's up with the Skymarshall and tanks? I can't get it off that thing! Sure, it can't hit a damn thing, but... it's a tank! I want it!

Edit: huh. the issue with the Skymarshall and my tank seems to maybe be map specific.

The Skymarshall thing is indeed a map specific thing, it seems to be a small rock, I used the cannon (NOT the explosive one, I don't recommend that so close to your items and troops) and it cleared up the obstruction

Offline misha_cilantro

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: Today at 01:13:53 am »
The Skymarshall thing is indeed a map specific thing, it seems to be a small rock, I used the cannon (NOT the explosive one, I don't recommend that so close to your items and troops) and it cleared up the obstruction

Ah beans thanks for the warning! I did actually blast the ground until I could move without ever considering my gear O..o I'll... see if anything got blown up and restore if it did. Thanks for the warning.

You can go ahead and update to 1.8. Just make sure to get the latest OXCE.

Okay, I updated and it seems good. The only weirdness is that I had an Alien Embassy mission on the map. It's still there, with a missing string, and I can do it without keys now. Should I do it? Go in and abort? Hack it out of the save file somehow??

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4157 on: Today at 12:54:21 pm »
Okay, I updated and it seems good. The only weirdness is that I had an Alien Embassy mission on the map. It's still there, with a missing string, and I can do it without keys now. Should I do it? Go in and abort? Hack it out of the save file somehow??

Yeah, we left the relevant code in, so old saves aren't broken. It just won't appear in the future.

You can do the mission if you like. Personally, I'd just remove it from the save as an old feature, but it shouldn't cause any issues.