aliens

Author Topic: Want to help?  (Read 92304 times)

Offline ImpMontezuma

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Want to help?
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2023, 10:38:42 am »
Sorry, the colors and position of the last pics were wrong ^^" Here is the fixed version and more pics for Fenrir too 😁

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2023, 03:48:53 am »
@sudtrap Thank you for the offer, much appreciated. I have some spriting needs, sure!
Some examples:
- Autopsy pictures. 37 still missing, I can provide a list.
- Scout Drone with a Taser Cannon.
- Hybrid catsuits (with psi circuitry).
- X-Com crew (civilians) in Dimension X base.
- Samurai Suit (Synthsuit Plus).
- Powered Suit for dogs, mentioned by Juku.
- A shield for Powered Suit, mentioned by Juku.
If you're interested in trying any of these, feel free to contact me by PM or Matrix (or Discord, if necessary).

Hi Solarius Scorch,

X-Com Files is great, thank you for all the work over the years. 

I was wondering if you know if graphics can have transparency in the battlescape, something if possible would look cool for the ghost type enemies?  Or like how some objects in the map can be animated at rest like the hospital IV drips, could enemy sprites be animated?

I made some new sprites for the automobiles, van, humvee, tried to model them more closely to spy hunter graphics: :)
https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/27864/

You're welcome to use them or not, they'er modeled the colors based of your UFOPedia graphics.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 03:50:31 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2023, 01:45:46 pm »
Hi Solarius Scorch,

X-Com Files is great, thank you for all the work over the years.

Thank you very much!

I was wondering if you know if graphics can have transparency in the battlescape, something if possible would look cool for the ghost type enemies?  Or like how some objects in the map can be animated at rest like the hospital IV drips, could enemy sprites be animated?

Transparency as in semi-transparency? No, these are just 256 colours sprites, nothing else.

I made some new sprites for the automobiles, van, humvee, tried to model them more closely to spy hunter graphics: :)
https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/27864/

You're welcome to use them or not, they'er modeled the colors based of your UFOPedia graphics.

Great, thank you! I will use some of them (both personal cars and the van). The other two look too different from their battlescape representation, and I consider it more important than the Pedia.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2023, 07:11:18 pm »
Thank you very much!

Transparency as in semi-transparency? No, these are just 256 colours sprites, nothing else.

What I had in mind for example is looking at one of the ghost sprites in battlescape, the ones that are simple a white outline.  Could you make them, like how other aliens flash glow purple, but instead flash glow white, pale green white, etc. color to your liking? And then remove their pixels completely so they are invisible and only flash glow?

Great, thank you! I will use some of them (both personal cars and the van). The other two look too different from their battlescape representation, and I consider it more important than the Pedia.

Ok, I'll look more closely at the other battlescape vehicle designs and see if I can model the graphics more closely to them.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2023, 07:17:31 pm »
For the "public car" I was modeling the graphic after the classic car in the MiB movie :)
https://cdn.dealeraccelerate.com/streetside/2/16747/481368/1920x1440/w/1963-ford-galaxie-500-xl

« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:20:27 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2023, 08:00:51 pm »
What I had in mind for example is looking at one of the ghost sprites in battlescape, the ones that are simple a white outline.  Could you make them, like how other aliens flash glow purple, but instead flash glow white, pale green white, etc. color to your liking? And then remove their pixels completely so they are invisible and only flash glow?

Uhh, maybe with script magic? I'm not sure, such effects are beyond my expertise.

For the "public car" I was modeling the graphic after the classic car in the MiB movie :)

It's a pretty good rendition! :)

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2023, 12:20:36 am »
Would you be open to modifying the battlescape public car to something similar to the ford crown victoria? It was the vehicle of X-Files for the first 2 seasons... then possibly use the public car sprite I made or somethign similar that would match the Crown Victoria?
https://preview.redd.it/g0bpk0ropxa81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=86dc56c37587a698512e4d03c7fe67b794426676

I can't promise anything, but I could look at making the updates, but don't want to spend the time if it's something you aren't interested in. Also, I'm just starting to dive into the modding tools on the forms and haven't done battlescape work yet, so...learning curve ahead, but looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:22:45 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2023, 11:13:52 am »
Would you be open to modifying the battlescape public car to something similar to the ford crown victoria? It was the vehicle of X-Files for the first 2 seasons... then possibly use the public car sprite I made or somethign similar that would match the Crown Victoria?

I'm not against it. Not going to make it myself, though - there are more pressing priorities.

But I think it would look nice.

Offline Barghum

• Sergeant
  • Doing my best to help (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2024, 03:41:20 pm »
Some examples:
- Autopsy pictures. 37 still missing, I can provide a list.
- Scout Drone with a Taser Cannon.
- Hybrid catsuits (with psi circuitry).
- X-Com crew (civilians) in Dimension X base.
- Samurai Suit (Synthsuit Plus).
- Powered Suit for dogs, mentioned by Juku.
- A shield for Powered Suit, mentioned by Juku.

A sprite for the scout drone taser cannon (looks more like an electro-laser / accelerated rifle lol) hope it helps :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2024, 12:46:59 pm »
A sprite for the scout drone taser cannon (looks more like an electro-laser / accelerated rifle lol) hope it helps :)

Oh yeah, this looks very promising! I'll try to do something with it.
Thank you!

Offline sudtrap

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2024, 11:56:27 pm »
What breed of dog are the XCOM dogs? The closest I could find was the Peruvian Hairless Dog.

Also, I've been working on the power suit for dogs. I'm working on a different dog pose to go with it. Is that acceptable? (see attached picture 4 the pose)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2024, 04:46:23 pm »
What breed of dog are the XCOM dogs? The closest I could find was the Peruvian Hairless Dog.

It's a good example. I never had any particular breed in mind, but I was aiming for something like the Australian dingo, which is pretty similar to the Peruvian. (That's mostly because this is supposed to be the most "default" form of a dog, so I went with that. I could use a German shepherd, but well, I'm not a very good artist and what I got was something different.)

Also, I've been working on the power suit for dogs. I'm working on a different dog pose to go with it. Is that acceptable? (see attached picture 4 the pose)

The pose as such is fine, but for consistency, it's better if all variants have the same pose.
However, by "better" I mean better, not that it's the only acceptable way. So if there's a good reason to use a different pose, then sure, we can do that.