Author Topic: The X-Com Files online Wiki  (Read 19690 times)

Offline flanker84

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files online Wiki
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2021, 05:01:09 pm »
Thank you for the great mod!
I have one question regarding commendations: where can I check the conditions for them the trigger (like how many pistols kills do I need to get level 5 "gunslinger", etc.)
And also it seems to get a specific "weapon master" is a lot harder than general "gunslinger", "trooper", etc. Don`t you think it should be the opposite, taking into consideration specific weapons tires, and types?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2021, 05:40:44 pm »
Thank you for the great mod!

You're welcome! Nice to hear that.

I have one question regarding commendations: where can I check the conditions for them the trigger (like how many pistols kills do I need to get level 5 "gunslinger", etc.)

There isn't really a way, unless you analyse internal game files. I'd have to write it all by hand, and it doesn't seem productive.

And also it seems to get a specific "weapon master" is a lot harder than general "gunslinger", "trooper", etc. Don`t you think it should be the opposite, taking into consideration specific weapons tires, and types?

It varies a lot between players, and also I think it's futile to try and keep them "balanced". Too many variables and opinions.

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2021, 08:06:46 am »
Look at the rulesets. commendations.rul has the info you want. The names there often differ from the names ingame, though. When in doubt, look at soldierbonuses.rul, which lists the effects of all commendations.

I also made a long post about commendations and other stuff a while back. Maybe it contains some useful bits for you. It might be slightly outdated, though. I haven't played in months.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,8463.0.html