Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072515 times)

Offline RaeMeevo120

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #990 on: March 27, 2018, 12:26:51 pm »
It's probably just in a different place than where the game searches for it.

Can you make a few screenshots of how your directory structure looks like?

Well, I just copy/pasted the original game into the UFO folder within the openxcom_plus bundle. That's literally all I've done, as that's all the readme told me to do. Do you happen to know where the game searches for it? I can shuffle things around if need be.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 27, 2018, 12:48:04 pm »
Well, I just copy/pasted the original game into the UFO folder within the openxcom_plus bundle. That's literally all I've done, as that's all the readme told me to do. Do you happen to know where the game searches for it? I can shuffle things around if need be.

That should be enough.

Still, I would appreciate that screenshot... not that I don't believe you... but I need to start somewhere.

PS: the search paths can be seen in openxcom.log file (which you can upload too)

Offline RaeMeevo120

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 27, 2018, 02:17:35 pm »
[/img][/img][/img]
That should be enough.

Still, I would appreciate that screenshot... not that I don't believe you... but I need to start somewhere.

PS: the search paths can be seen in openxcom.log file (which you can upload too)

That's absolutely fine, thanks for trying to help! Is this what you're after? You'll have to excuse my complete computer illiteracy, this sort of thing isn't really my field. If it works on steam, I play it, usually. Although after watching a friend on this mod, it seemed amazing enough to embarrass myself on a forum to try and get it to work.

Thanks,
Rae

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 27, 2018, 02:22:52 pm »
Yes, the 3rd screenshot helped.

Your UFO folder should look like this (see attached).

Just find these directories (they will be somewhere inside the XCOM subdirectory probably) and put them into the UFO directory directly.

PS: also the game already disabled "xcom1" for you, so you will need to either delete file "options.cfg" before you try again... (or reinstall everything again)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:24:50 pm by Meridian »

Offline RaeMeevo120

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 27, 2018, 03:34:27 pm »
Yes, the 3rd screenshot helped.

Your UFO folder should look like this (see attached).

Just find these directories (they will be somewhere inside the XCOM subdirectory probably) and put them into the UFO directory directly.

PS: also the game already disabled "xcom1" for you, so you will need to either delete file "options.cfg" before you try again... (or reinstall everything again)

You're a hero, and a lovely human being! Thank you for that, it looks like everything is in order now!

Thank's for the patience,

Rae

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 27, 2018, 04:39:35 pm »
There's a minor bug I noticed by reading Slaughter's LP: The "Public Transport" pic from the 'pedia should show the vehicle's speed, but in my version it doesn't say so for some reason. Attaching a screenshot.

It should be in the final line.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 28, 2018, 01:51:49 am »
There's a minor bug I noticed by reading Slaughter's LP: The "Public Transport" pic from the 'pedia should show the vehicle's speed, but in my version it doesn't say so for some reason. Attaching a screenshot.

It should be in the final line.
There is no problem.
The speed will depend on the vehicle used: car (200km/h)/private car (350km/h)/van (75km/h)/humvee (150km/h)/Aero Mudranger (300km/h)/...  8)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:57:46 am by BlackStaff »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #997 on: March 28, 2018, 12:05:28 pm »
It's not exactly a bug, I simply did it differently. This was before I got the idea how much people care about numbers I don't really look at. :P

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 29, 2018, 02:50:49 pm »
Hi guys! A great mod but there are some shortcomings in the behavior of enemies (bandits of the osiron, protection of the ciberweb, splitters, mud, maybe others). The problem is that they do not attack, only the return fire. Because of this, some missions are not fun to play. There were no other problems.
There are wishes: add weapon slots and special weapons for early transport and missions to intercept the transport of human factions. For example, to smuggle cars with smuggling or a gang leader. Weapons of transport can be as follows: a car and a van are hand weapons of agents (a wagon is 2 weapons), a hummer is a machine gun or a grenade launcher. Such weapons must be low-powered, so that it would be worth using this transport and not planes (which would simply blow up the target). You can add a more serious vehicle for the bandits (a red dawn - a helicopter or an armored personnel carrier).
It would be great to add the possibility of the country's return to the project. Let it be a very rare and difficult mission. I do not know whether this is possible in principle.
And lastly: AK-47, AKSU and OC-14 Thunderstorm have a different caliber (7.62, 5.45, 9 mm), one store at all is not used correctly. Still it is possible to reduce fire from a signal pistol to 1 square and that a flamethrower what that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 29, 2018, 07:46:54 pm »
Hi guys! A great mod but there are some shortcomings in the behavior of enemies (bandits of the osiron, protection of the ciberweb, splitters, mud, maybe others). The problem is that they do not attack, only the return fire. Because of this, some missions are not fun to play. There were no other problems.

I don't know what you mean... They don't shoot or something?

There are wishes: add weapon slots and special weapons for early transport and missions to intercept the transport of human factions. For example, to smuggle cars with smuggling or a gang leader. Weapons of transport can be as follows: a car and a van are hand weapons of agents (a wagon is 2 weapons), a hummer is a machine gun or a grenade launcher. Such weapons must be low-powered, so that it would be worth using this transport and not planes (which would simply blow up the target). You can add a more serious vehicle for the bandits (a red dawn - a helicopter or an armored personnel carrier).

TBH I haven't understood a word. :P
A vehicle is a hand weapon? What?

It would be great to add the possibility of the country's return to the project. Let it be a very rare and difficult mission. I do not know whether this is possible in principle.

Not possible without additional code. Probably not very hard, but no programmer thought it would be a good idea.

And lastly: AK-47, AKSU and OC-14 Thunderstorm have a different caliber (7.62, 5.45, 9 mm), one store at all is not used correctly.

Kalashnikovs can use a plethora of ammo, I only used the most common type. And I have no frigging idea what an OC-14 is, but certainly not something from X-Com Files.

Still it is possible to reduce fire from a signal pistol to 1 square and that a flamethrower what that.

Can you rephrase it to be more, umm, understandable?

Thanks for your input, but to be honest, I think you were too stoned or something when writing this post. :P

Offline Lohland

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 29, 2018, 08:23:24 pm »
OC-14 "Groza" - Russian assault rifle and grenade launcher complex, developed by CKIB SOO in 1993. It is a variant of the OC-12 "Tiss" machine (in its turn created on the basis of AKS74U), made according to the Bull-Pap scheme. It is installed a somewhat simplified version of the removable grenade launcher GP-25 "Koster" (simplification is primarily the absence of a pistol grip with a trigger guard and trigger). This arrangement made it possible to create a compact powerful weapon. Automatic and grenade launcher fire are controlled by a single trigger. Switching mode "automatic grenade launcher" is carried out by a button translator located on the right side of the receiver. The sight of an open type is placed on a U-shaped stand, which can serve to carry weapons in the hand. It is possible to install a silencer, a laser target designator, an optical sight and a tactical flashlight. The complex is unified with AKS74U by 70%.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:25:02 pm by Lohland »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 29, 2018, 08:32:34 pm »
OC-14 "Groza" - Russian assault rifle and grenade launcher complex, developed by CKIB SOO in 1993. It is a variant of the OC-12 "Tiss" machine (in its turn created on the basis of AKS74U), made according to the Bull-Pap scheme. It is installed a somewhat simplified version of the removable grenade launcher GP-25 "Koster" (simplification is primarily the absence of a pistol grip with a trigger guard and trigger). This arrangement made it possible to create a compact powerful weapon. Automatic and grenade launcher fire are controlled by a single trigger. Switching mode "automatic grenade launcher" is carried out by a button translator located on the right side of the receiver. The sight of an open type is placed on a U-shaped stand, which can serve to carry weapons in the hand. It is possible to install a silencer, a laser target designator, an optical sight and a tactical flashlight. The complex is unified with AKS74U by 70%.

Thanks, I never knew it was called OC-14.
Anyway, the entire point of the AK family is that they use the same bullet... And they will still use the same bullet.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 29, 2018, 09:34:21 pm »
I think there's a Groza somewhere. Sadly, it's better than the AK, but still crap compared to other models and the Black Ops ones. This is not STALKER.

Also, uploading pics of the MIG plane and the "hidden" one because they pretty much seem to have identical stats. Is that intentional?

Lastly, can the "mid-click" function to show a target's paperdoll be assigned to another key?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 29, 2018, 09:50:11 pm »
I think there's a Groza somewhere. Sadly, it's better than the AK, but still crap compared to other models and the Black Ops ones. This is not STALKER.

Truth is, these are actually good weapons. The ammo is pretty attractive compared to 5.56, at least vs. unarmoured targets. But accuracy issues and then losing to BlackOps/UAC puts them in a somewhat worse position.

Also, uploading pics of the MIG plane and the "hidden" one because they pretty much seem to have identical stats. Is that intentional?

Well... They indeed are a bit too similar. I'll do something about this.

Lastly, can the "mid-click" function to show a target's paperdoll be assigned to another key?

No idea.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 29, 2018, 10:28:33 pm »

This looks to be hard-coded right now.