Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071712 times)

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3000 on: December 08, 2021, 04:19:34 am »
Good morning. I would like to ask about an issue I had. Recently, I have not been able to play the most recent version of the X-Com Files. I keep on getting this error.

Error processing 'STR_M16MK' in items: Item STR_PUMP_ACTION_SLUGS not found

For context, I currently have a save game from the previous version. Actually, the error also occurs even if I don't have a save game from a previous version. May I please know what could be done about this? Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 04:32:12 am by EleriumWard »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: December 08, 2021, 12:52:42 pm »
Judging by the item name(s), this sounds like an issue with "arsenal additions", not with the main mod.

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: December 08, 2021, 01:46:17 pm »
Nope, just updated the X-Com Files Additions submod. Still getting the same error.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: December 08, 2021, 03:58:27 pm »
No, you don't understand - "STR_M16MK" is not part of XCF, neither is "STR_PUMP_ACTION_SLUGS". Check the ruleset-files yourself if you don't believe me.

This is an issue with the submod (or whatever other custom modifications you're running), not with XCF. Also, are you by any chance trying to load a battlescape save?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 04:05:11 pm by krautbernd »

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: December 08, 2021, 08:03:54 pm »
When I mentioned X-Com Files Additions submod, I meant the X-Com Files Arsenal Additions submod, not the main mod itself. Anyway, the author of the submod had just updated it. I downloaded it and now I can play X-Com Files again.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: December 10, 2021, 06:44:14 am »
Bit of map generation silliness where a fenrir wolf spawned trapped behind a rock and couldn't move anywhere.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3006 on: December 11, 2021, 02:05:25 pm »
Bit of map generation silliness where a fenrir wolf spawned trapped behind a rock and couldn't move anywhere.

Lol, that's unfortunate for the wolf. But I wouldn't say it counts as a bug per se.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: December 13, 2021, 05:22:42 am »
Got an arctic hills mission where you can walk through the side of the hill and into the cave inside. Walk Santino Diaz here one tile forward and he clips right through the mountain side and falls a level into the cave.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: December 13, 2021, 12:57:48 pm »
According to your screen, the worst thing is that we can only see half of her body !!!  8)

Offline eldt

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: December 15, 2021, 12:42:00 pm »
I'm currently playing on version 7.14 of OXCE and 2.1b of X-Com Files and I just came across a hard crash whenever I try to start the UAC Weapons Distribution mission. It happens the moment I click the OK button from the mission preparation screen. I do have the Resound Mod active but just to make sure it wasn't the cause I uninstalled it and still had the error.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: December 15, 2021, 02:59:08 pm »
Got an arctic hills mission where you can walk through the side of the hill and into the cave inside. Walk Santino Diaz here one tile forward and he clips right through the mountain side and falls a level into the cave.

Yep, problem identified and fixed, thank you!

I'm currently playing on version 7.14 of OXCE and 2.1b of X-Com Files and I just came across a hard crash whenever I try to start the UAC Weapons Distribution mission. It happens the moment I click the OK button from the mission preparation screen. I do have the Resound Mod active but just to make sure it wasn't the cause I uninstalled it and still had the error.

I am not getting any issues on my end. Might be something that has been fixed already.

As usual, you're welcome to use the "nightly" GitHub version: https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/archive/refs/heads/master.zip
Some translations are still not done, but otherwise it should work just fine.

Offline eldt

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: December 16, 2021, 08:02:20 am »
Yup. Nightly build did indeed fix the issue. Thanks for both the suggestion and alerting me of the existence of the nightly build. Much appreciated.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: December 20, 2021, 11:38:58 am »
Yup. Nightly build did indeed fix the issue. Thanks for both the suggestion and alerting me of the existence of the nightly build. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear!

Of course, the GitHub version is sorely untested... But I'm doing my best to keep it playable all the time.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: December 22, 2021, 03:23:15 am »
It looks like the spirit of Dagon is still blocking this passage after all these years. It's driving me nuts every time I have to go past there. :'(

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: December 22, 2021, 11:19:06 am »
It looks like the spirit of Dagon is still blocking this passage after all these years. It's driving me nuts every time I have to go past there. :'(

Unfortunately I am unable to determine the cause. It's not a normal terrain problem, since the unit paths through that place normally and only stops when reaching this point.

I hope someone who can run the game in debug mode can help with that some day.