aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 499477 times)

Offline Fomka

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2970 on: September 18, 2021, 02:12:15 pm »
Another bugreport. Load the save with long name and wait till 08:00 of 7th of June, 1999. Two Battleships will be detected, flying with their full speed of 6250 mph, UFO-117 and UFO-118. Wait. When UFO-177 will be near one of the X-COM bases, another Battleship will be detected, UFO-119. The 117th will land and a base defense will begin. After the successful defense no UFOs will be seen. Two other Battleships will vanish.

I've attached a save after the base defense.

Oh, I was so happy to anticipate a series of base attacks, but no, the Aliens seem to have been frightened by the fate of their shining UFO-117.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: September 18, 2021, 05:50:57 pm »
AFAIK, a successful base defense will abort any ongoing retaliation mission which spawned said battleship.

Offline Fomka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: September 18, 2021, 06:47:09 pm »
Thanks. Interestingly, one of the disappeared battleships was on the other side of the planet. It did not seem to go to the base.

One more question. How could I order interceptors to patrol over a landed UFO?

In the vanilla, as far as I remember, interceptors simply stayed over the landed UFO. It is useful, because they will immediately intercept the UFO upon its lift-off. In the X-COM Files interceptors can land near UFO and the game asks each time about it when an interceptor reaches a landed UFO. It's a pity that when I answer "No, do not land" the aircraft just heads home. So, the UFO will just lift-off unhindered and will fly away.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • OXCE developer
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #2973 on: September 18, 2021, 07:14:03 pm »
One more question. How could I order interceptors to patrol over a landed UFO?

Press CTRL and click on PATROL button that appears.

In the vanilla, as far as I remember, interceptors simply stayed over the landed UFO. It is useful, because they will immediately intercept the UFO upon its lift-off. In the X-COM Files interceptors can land near UFO and the game asks each time about it when an interceptor reaches a landed UFO. It's a pity that when I answer "No, do not land" the aircraft just heads home. So, the UFO will just lift-off unhindered and will fly away.

To have this behavior, you need an interceptor that cannot land/go on a mission.

Offline Fomka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: September 19, 2021, 04:08:19 pm »
Press CTRL and click on PATROL button that appears.
Thanks, that worked!

Offline Kissaki

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: September 29, 2021, 03:46:21 pm »
It doesn't seem possible to buy 5.56 ammo until Milestone 2, which is a bit frustrating seeing as I'm able to purchase FAMAS, L85 and G36 from the Dagon suppliers before then. I presume the Church of Dagon buys ammunition for their weapons as well (or maybe they've reached Milestone 2 ahead of me), and browsing through  research_XCOMFILES.rul it does seem like I'm supposed to be able to buy ammo to weapons I can buy. I solved this one rather inelegantly by moving the following lines from Milestone 2 summary to Milestone 1 summary:

unlocks:
      - STR_RIFLE_M16_CLIP_BUY_CONDITION

This allows me to research the above string. Crude, but it's the only thing I was able to do which actually worked.

EDIT: I think I found out why my other changes did not work. I had a backup folder in the ruleset folder, where I kept items_XCOMFILES.rul and research_XCOMFILES.rul. So long as they were in a sub-folder of the ruleset folder, the game kept overruling my changes. None of my edits of the items registered at all, and I could even delete the .rul file with no consequences. Only once I relocated the backup folder did my changes register. Makes me wonder why the abovementioned change in the research .rul file did make a difference, but I guess I shouldn't question a good thing too much.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:02:03 am by Kissaki »

Offline unarmed drifter

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: October 03, 2021, 08:30:48 pm »
[CTD when snakemen attack my base. A mapfile is missing - XBASS_45.MAP.
Regarding my game version, i'm 95% sure to have 2.1 despite the save saying 2.0]

Edit: replacement of the missing mapfile didn't work, but after re-downloading ver 2.0.1 everything is working fine
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 01:05:31 pm by unarmed drifter »

Offline Thorbear

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: October 17, 2021, 12:49:35 pm »
Crash when killing the last robotic enemy when assaulting the Dimension X Airship, making the human enemies surrender.
Attached quicksave from turn where last robot can be killed, screenshot of error and logfile.