Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071985 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2955 on: August 27, 2021, 03:36:48 pm »
Hmm, maybe boost the values a little, then, so the advantages are a bit more clear. And possibly make the values a tiny little bit different, so it's absolutely clear this is not a copy-paste typo. Maybe something like auto TU 42% -> 40%, accuracy 40 -> 44, and snap TU 42% -> 39%, accuracy 40 -> 45? This is roughly in-between Assault LMG snap and auto shots.

Can do, but why did you make it better across the board? :D

And/or add something to the pedia description. Like "This light machine gun is equipped with advanced stabilizers and an integral bipod [What's a bipod system, anyway? Marketing speak?], giving it better accuracy with auto-shots. The added weight makes it harder to maneuver quickly. It uses conventional LMG ammunition.[It doesn't, it uses the same BO rounds as the other two BO machine guns. Well, okay, it's conventional all right, but I think the idea was that it uses the same ammo as its predecessor?]"

No, the same as other similar BlackOps weapons.

Öi man
I have encountered a bug...
I got like a "ghostbusters"-base and when I equip the team (Olympians in Humvee) with bulletproof coats, game crashes with attached message...
happens only in this base with only these characters I think.
Not knowing exactly what I talk about, this seems like an easy fix so I would rather not upload a save.
If you still need it to examine the problem I will though.
(I worked around it by giving them regulr leather coats for now)

greetz... Grunch

Sorry, I'll need that save after all. I cannot reproduce the problem, so I'm probably misunderstanding something.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: August 27, 2021, 05:59:08 pm »
Can do, but why did you make it better across the board? :D
The new snap shot is still worse than Assault LMG snap shot. Both are supposed to be about midway between Assault LMG snap and auto shots, +/- a point or two. The BO LMG is supposed to be an improvement after all, isn't it? There's also longer auto range, of course, but not all players data mine, and it's not that much of an improvement.

Well, it's your choice, of course, but I imagine ATM quite a few players look at the stats and just write the thing off.

No, the same as other similar BlackOps weapons.
My point was, that's not really a very useful sentence, so you could leave it out and add the one I put in for 'unwieldiness'. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: August 27, 2021, 09:27:27 pm »
I think you made a mistake when adding the Jar of Gray Goo. From https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/commit/723abf768c899979143029cdb1f47ac3312496db#diff-c5314700e92e138756b0cd1f7a5538b2f2e45f4347e99b27e76d40555fcb8099:

itemList: &legendaryOsironWares [STR_CROSSBLASTER, STR_NEON_BOW, STR_MRRSHAN_RIFLE, STR_DEATH_DISC, STR_PHOTON_SPEAR, STR_PHOTON_BLADE, STR_SPECTRAL_SCYTHE, STR_FIRE_LAUNCHER, STR_DARK_STAFF, STR_ALENIUM_SHARD, STR_NINJA_SCROLL, STR_JAR_OF_GREEN_GOO]

Shouldn't the last one be STR_JAR_OF_GRAY_GOO?

Offline GRUNCHmitCH

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: August 28, 2021, 01:06:00 pm »
Sorry, I'll need that save after all. I cannot reproduce the problem, so I'm probably misunderstanding something.

sure, here you go...

In "Ghostbusters"base  in New York..."ECTO-1"... inventory ...when I try equip "Ray" and "Winston" with bulletproof-coat...game crash.

(just so you know... this counts as helping. :D )
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 02:51:25 pm by GRUNCHmitCH »

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: September 01, 2021, 07:24:39 pm »
Its possible to make Mass driver tanks AND ammo for it despite XCOM cannot even manufacture mass driver weapons for infantry.
Mass Driver guns require Elerium Battery to make, but vehicular one's only need "Mass Driver Weapons" which is WAY easier to get via Osirion loot boxes and some basic UFO research.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: September 04, 2021, 01:34:05 pm »
The new snap shot is still worse than Assault LMG snap shot. Both are supposed to be about midway between Assault LMG snap and auto shots, +/- a point or two. The BO LMG is supposed to be an improvement after all, isn't it? There's also longer auto range, of course, but not all players data mine, and it's not that much of an improvement.

Well, it's your choice, of course, but I imagine ATM quite a few players look at the stats and just write the thing off.

Fair enough. Hard to say for me, players' preferences are often surprising... We'll see.

My point was, that's not really a very useful sentence, so you could leave it out and add the one I put in for 'unwieldiness'. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Strings for 2.0 are now closed (due to ongoing translations), so I'll allow myself to postpone such decisions for later.

I think you made a mistake when adding the Jar of Gray Goo. From https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/commit/723abf768c899979143029cdb1f47ac3312496db#diff-c5314700e92e138756b0cd1f7a5538b2f2e45f4347e99b27e76d40555fcb8099:

itemList: &legendaryOsironWares [STR_CROSSBLASTER, STR_NEON_BOW, STR_MRRSHAN_RIFLE, STR_DEATH_DISC, STR_PHOTON_SPEAR, STR_PHOTON_BLADE, STR_SPECTRAL_SCYTHE, STR_FIRE_LAUNCHER, STR_DARK_STAFF, STR_ALENIUM_SHARD, STR_NINJA_SCROLL, STR_JAR_OF_GREEN_GOO]

Shouldn't the last one be STR_JAR_OF_GRAY_GOO?

Yep, absolutely! Thanks for saving my back here.

sure, here you go...

In "Ghostbusters"base  in New York..."ECTO-1"... inventory ...when I try equip "Ray" and "Winston" with bulletproof-coat...game crash.

(just so you know... this counts as helping. :D )

Okay, crashing for me too. I'll investigate ASAP. [EDIT: Fixed. Thanks!]

Its possible to make Mass driver tanks AND ammo for it despite XCOM cannot even manufacture mass driver weapons for infantry.
Mass Driver guns require Elerium Battery to make, but vehicular one's only need "Mass Driver Weapons" which is WAY easier to get via Osirion loot boxes and some basic UFO research.

Can you elaborate? Making both the Mass Driver HWP and its ammo have the same prerequisites, which is "HWP Mass Driver". This research depends on "MASS DRIVER CANNON" and "Heavy Weapon Platforms".
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 01:45:32 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline GRUNCHmitCH

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: September 04, 2021, 03:14:53 pm »
Okay, crashing for me too. I'll investigate ASAP. [EDIT: Fixed. Thanks!]

No thank you  :)

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: September 04, 2021, 05:42:42 pm »
[EDIT: Fixed. Thanks!]

Can you elaborate? Making both the Mass Driver HWP and its ammo have the same prerequisites, which is "HWP Mass Driver". This research depends on "MASS DRIVER CANNON" and "Heavy Weapon Platforms".

Alright, i'll explain

Mass driver tanks and its ammo can be manufactured by XCOM if you just research UFO powersystems and Mass Driver Cannons (I got mass driver weapon from Osirion loot box).

But you cannot make your own mass driver weapons for infantry. You can make one for vehicles... but you cannot make handheld versions.

To be able to make a mass driver weapon for a HUMAN you need:
- ELERIUM battery <---- this one is locked in RNG rullete of Engineer/Leader integoriation
- Mass Driver weapons

To be able to make a mass driver for a TANK, you need this
- UFO power systems <--- this one is plausible in early game
- Mass Driver weapons

So XCOM can make tanks, but not rifles and pistols. Like there is some logic in this if you want to leave it as it is because its much more plausible that XCOM can make these railguns  on vehicles because they can be equiped by heavy batteries to power it and the tank has the strenght to move around with them, but handheld versions need alien grade batteries because otherwise the gun would be unusable by humans from its shere weight to be able to even power such thing.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: September 04, 2021, 06:39:18 pm »
Yes, that is precisely the case.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: September 06, 2021, 05:56:46 pm »
Maybe it's a bug of EXALT's HQ map. My agent standing on the 2nd floor can see EXALT's Leader that stays on the 3rd floor. A hole in the ceiling? The save is attached.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: September 09, 2021, 06:31:34 pm »
Morale supercharge! :o

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: September 09, 2021, 06:45:05 pm »

With a name like Niamh she sounds Irish, and we do tend to make light of situations where others would run!  Ever heard the of the 'Thin Red Line' that stood firm against the French cavalry at Waterloo?  A lot of those guys were Irishmen!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 06:46:53 pm by Jimboman »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: September 09, 2021, 09:42:45 pm »
Is it from drug use?
I remember seeing energy supercharge from drug use and I guess that things that have a negative cost can supercharge a stat. In case of energy, it dropped to regular levels next turn.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: September 10, 2021, 11:12:40 am »
Maybe it's a bug of EXALT's HQ map. My agent standing on the 2nd floor can see EXALT's Leader that stays on the 3rd floor. A hole in the ceiling? The save is attached.

Sorry, your save is from the very start of the mission and I have no idea who should see whom. At this moment, nobody sees any enemies.

Could be some Bravery boosting outfit? Or more likely, it's the Irish blood effect, mate!

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: September 10, 2021, 06:47:52 pm »
Sorry, your save is from the very start of the mission and I have no idea who should see whom. At this moment, nobody sees any enemies.
Here is the new save with the same bug in the EXALT HQ - The 1st visible enemy was seen through a floor. The floor area was damaged by fire. I suppose it is transparent, however, the agent can't fall through it.