Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1073036 times)

Online Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2940 on: July 06, 2021, 04:59:48 pm »
Hello again,

I just did Alien station, and there are two issues.

Firstly, the "Solid Metal" tiles are sometimes passable. This affects both the inside of the station and the outside (Outside, I know it affects the column that contains the plasma turrets).

Secondly, the goal of the mission is to retrieve a 'corpse' of the living network's node. Unfortunately the tiny alien brain exploded upon death, making its corpse unrecoverable.

Edit: Another thing I just noticed.
It is possible to shoot down a (non-HK) Battleship with almost no danger to your crafts, so long as one of them can tank one hit.

1. Have the "Shield" plane engage and immediately minimise the interception. The Battleship will get 1 shot in.
2. Engage with other crafts and shoot the battleship down, without maximising the first interception.
The Battleship will not fire on the other crafts.

This is caused by a combination of UFOs not changing targets so long as current target is in range, Battleships having range equal to Standoff (so it can be minimised), and neither UFOs nor your planes being able to fire in a minimised interception.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 06:12:06 pm by Mathel »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2941 on: July 12, 2021, 01:41:32 pm »
I just did Alien station, and there are two issues.

Firstly, the "Solid Metal" tiles are sometimes passable. This affects both the inside of the station and the outside (Outside, I know it affects the column that contains the plasma turrets).

Secondly, the goal of the mission is to retrieve a 'corpse' of the living network's node. Unfortunately the tiny alien brain exploded upon death, making its corpse unrecoverable.

Both issues unfortunately confirmed. And now probably fixed.

If you know how, I'd suggest adding the STR_ALIEN_BRAIN_CORPSE item to your save.

Edit: Another thing I just noticed.
It is possible to shoot down a (non-HK) Battleship with almost no danger to your crafts, so long as one of them can tank one hit.

1. Have the "Shield" plane engage and immediately minimise the interception. The Battleship will get 1 shot in.
2. Engage with other crafts and shoot the battleship down, without maximising the first interception.
The Battleship will not fire on the other crafts.

This is caused by a combination of UFOs not changing targets so long as current target is in range, Battleships having range equal to Standoff (so it can be minimised), and neither UFOs nor your planes being able to fire in a minimised interception.

Interesting, but it's more of an OXCE issue than the mod's... I think.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: July 13, 2021, 12:13:22 am »
Probably more a OXC bug, probably you should not be able to minimize window if you are attacking directly engaging UFO

Online Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: July 13, 2021, 09:59:05 am »
By "engage", I meant enter an interception. The first plane is at Standoff, not actually attacking. But the Battleship has enough range (80) to still target them.

But I agree that a plane being targetted should not be minimisable, even at standoff range.

Offline Jarr003

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: July 16, 2021, 04:04:08 pm »
Not really a bug, but the Night Ops suit doesn't have any camouflage, despite saying so in its description

Offline wethan2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: July 20, 2021, 04:31:35 am »
Sorry if this is already known (I did a quick search and couldn't find anything) but the "Commended!" commendation is unobtainable despite still being in the ufopedia, Its not listed in commendations_XCOMFILES.rul

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: July 20, 2021, 11:46:19 am »
Not really a bug, but the Night Ops suit doesn't have any camouflage, despite saying so in its description

Oh, boy. You're right, of course. How did I miss this?
Fixed and uploaded to GitHub.

Sorry if this is already known (I did a quick search and couldn't find anything) but the "Commended!" commendation is unobtainable despite still being in the ufopedia, Its not listed in commendations_XCOMFILES.rul

Not true, it's there, under STR_MEDAL_CARREER_SCORE_NAME.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: July 28, 2021, 08:33:47 pm »
mg-3 and m-60
I found and researched the m-60. Now I can buy m-60 and 7.62 ammo. But I will get information about the damage of this ammo weapon only when I research mg-3

Offline Goth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: August 03, 2021, 06:10:13 pm »
I have a problem making an AI unit from the Alenium Shard. Its November 2000 and I have just got laser tank research so i decided to make my AI units but when I go to the workshop to build them the Start Production button is missing even though i have an Alenium shard available and it shows the AI Unit as available in the production list. I checked an earlier save game in june 2000 and i can produce AI Units no problem.
 Any Ideas? Please dont say start again from the previous save as i played for days to get from June to November.
 Save Game Attached , its for 1.9.1
   Many thanks
          Goth
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 06:53:23 pm by Goth »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: August 03, 2021, 07:22:50 pm »
when I go to the workshop to build them the Start Production button is missing
The shard wants a bunk for itself after being left in the stores for so long, and refuses to be built if it doesn't get one. :)

Offline Goth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: August 05, 2021, 05:26:12 pm »
You are right Juku. I have been playing this game for so long and I have missed the obvious. Many thanks for the heads up buddy

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: August 09, 2021, 05:08:18 pm »
Is the BO LMG really supposed to have identical snap and auto shot TU and accuracy costs?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: August 20, 2021, 04:20:34 pm »
mg-3 and m-60
I found and researched the m-60. Now I can buy m-60 and 7.62 ammo. But I will get information about the damage of this ammo weapon only when I research mg-3

Yes, it's a bug. Thank you for the notification.

Is the BO LMG really supposed to have identical snap and auto shot TU and accuracy costs?

Yeah, it's to promote the usage of auto, and therefore hamper reacting. I understand it's not very elegant...

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: August 20, 2021, 06:47:49 pm »
Yeah, it's to promote the usage of auto, and therefore hamper reacting.
Hmm, maybe boost the values a little, then, so the advantages are a bit more clear. And possibly make the values a tiny little bit different, so it's absolutely clear this is not a copy-paste typo. Maybe something like auto TU 42% -> 40%, accuracy 40 -> 44, and snap TU 42% -> 39%, accuracy 40 -> 45? This is roughly in-between Assault LMG snap and auto shots.

And/or add something to the pedia description. Like "This light machine gun is equipped with advanced stabilizers and an integral bipod [What's a bipod system, anyway? Marketing speak?], giving it better accuracy with auto-shots. The added weight makes it harder to maneuver quickly. It uses conventional LMG ammunition.[It doesn't, it uses the same BO rounds as the other two BO machine guns. Well, okay, it's conventional all right, but I think the idea was that it uses the same ammo as its predecessor?]"

Offline GRUNCHmitCH

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: August 25, 2021, 05:00:05 pm »
Öi man
I have encountered a bug...
I got like a "ghostbusters"-base and when I equip the team (Olympians in Humvee) with bulletproof coats, game crashes with attached message...
happens only in this base with only these characters I think.
Not knowing exactly what I talk about, this seems like an easy fix so I would rather not upload a save.
If you still need it to examine the problem I will though.
(I worked around it by giving them regulr leather coats for now)

greetz... Grunch