Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071445 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2280 on: April 02, 2020, 02:20:43 am »
missing string

Offline Spiralize

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 02, 2020, 06:42:15 am »
This is pre-patch, but this save file has a Chtonite mini-base with multiple inaccessible pockets. I've just broken into one with a heavy sonic cannon, the other one has the two remaining Chtonites in it.

Irrelevant, but I just gotta take a moment to say that I adore many, many things about that beautiful, sexy piece of pure Earthican engineering, but my favourite part is how it turns intervening obstacles into just more of an opinion, really.

I also recently (1.3, pre-patch) had an Osiron warehouse mission spawn without an Osiron warehouse (meaning no crates after battle) and a Jarhead bank robbery (1.2) on a map with no bank (still got the million dollar bonus, though). In both cases the level ended up being built around that L-shaped two-story motel. Is that supposed to be possible?

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 02, 2020, 07:59:04 am »
( "Spiralizee" )  :P ;D lůl

btw.as i remember, once time i got Siberia Mission, but i failed, and from that time i didnt get it anyway.
If the player fail that Siberia mission, there will not be more, another chance anymore ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:01:26 am by RolandVasko »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 02, 2020, 03:40:21 pm »
missing string
To be precise, that's the constant: STR_TRITANIUM_SHRAPNEL_ROCKET
But I wonder if it's not confused with the constant: STR_ALLOY_SHRAPNEL_ROCKET which is missing from item files!  :-\

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 02, 2020, 05:28:44 pm »
In v1.3 with OXCE 6.4.2, I have spitter armed with acid pistols and disruptor rifles.

Also, the council will be pissed if I ignore a Dimension X defense mission. Fine.
But if I go to the mission and immediately abort it, then nothing. No malus.

Offline Spiralize

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 02, 2020, 05:44:16 pm »
Also, the council will be pissed if I ignore a Dimension X defense mission. Fine.

I actually like this feature, personally. And it's not just Dimension X missions, either. Terror missions generally give you less of a hit for arriving and immediately aborting either. Like, there's kind of 3 different outcomes. The worst option, where you don't do your job and the council gets pissed. The best option, where you win and everybody loves you, and the middling option where you don't do anything but tell the council you tried. (ignoring the possibility of actually trying and losing)

It feels like a lot of the game is about knowing what fights you can take and what fights you -should- take and I like that the political calculations are part of that. Plus in the early game it rewards expanding your territorial coverage and in the midgame it rewards maintaining aerial dominance.

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 02, 2020, 08:30:31 pm »
In terror mission, you lose points because of dead civilians.
In this specific mission, you don't lose points because there isn't any civilians. Yet the base is supposed to destroyed by the aliens and the council angry by the loss of the base.

"Our outpost in Dimension X is being attacked by natives. We must return beyond the portal and neutralize the threat. If we don't, the Council will be severely disappointed."

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2287 on: April 03, 2020, 01:53:06 pm »
The bugfix patch needs some fixing, ironically enough. The Sawed-Off shotgun is missing the "shotgun" part in the name, which can cause some minor confusion

Since when sawed-offs are necessarily called sawed-off shotguns? In my experience, nobody ever calls them that.

BTW, it also exists in Piratez, has been there for years and nobody has ever said "reee the name is incomplete".

and apparently cannot be bought from the get go, it requires finding one somewhere in order to research it, despite being such a simple weapon.

So do TTs, Skorpions and pitchforks...

Not in X-Com armoury? No documentation! It's been explained to death both in the mod and on the forums.

Moreover, it is incorrectly placed in the bottom part of the Field Equipment section, instead of together with other shotguns and similar guns.

True, some listOrders are still missing. I missed them, my bad.

Lastly, the Shrapnel Rocket with alien alloys is missing a proper description, as it is displayed as STR_SHRAPNEL ROCKETS ingame.

Also true. I fixed it yesterday, thanks.

This is pre-patch, but this save file has a Chtonite mini-base with multiple inaccessible pockets. I've just broken into one with a heavy sonic cannon, the other one has the two remaining Chtonites in it.

Thanks, I thought I have solved all such cases by now... I'll investigate.

Irrelevant, but I just gotta take a moment to say that I adore many, many things about that beautiful, sexy piece of pure Earthican engineering, but my favourite part is how it turns intervening obstacles into just more of an opinion, really.

Glad it's working :)

I also recently (1.3, pre-patch) had an Osiron warehouse mission spawn without an Osiron warehouse (meaning no crates after battle) and a Jarhead bank robbery (1.2) on a map with no bank (still got the million dollar bonus, though). In both cases the level ended up being built around that L-shaped two-story motel. Is that supposed to be possible?

You are clearly using outdated OXCE.

In v1.3 with OXCE 6.4.2, I have spitter armed with acid pistols and disruptor rifles.

Another blast from the past... Can you tell me which mission it was, please?

Well, you did the theatrics to satisfy political needs...
I don't think it's super bad, but I'll consider making this mission impossible to escape from. Or just add some X-Com civilian personnel to give you bad points if dead/abandoned.

EDIT: Fixed those caves.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:14:22 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 03, 2020, 02:12:53 pm »
Since when sawed-offs are necessarily called sawed-off shotguns? In my experience, nobody ever calls them that.

BTW, it also exists in Piratez, has been there for years and nobody has ever said "reee the name is incomplete".

Well, I thought it would have been different for XCF, since XCOM here is better at cataloguing than a bunch of pirates that have to rediscover everything.

So do TTs, Skorpions and pitchforks...
Not in X-Com armoury? No documentation! It's been explained to death both in the mod and on the forums.

I know, but these are either repurposed gear, or exotic/antiquated weaponry. You get access to a bunch of new weapons with certain research topics, such as the Non-Standard Weapons one. I thought that a sawed off shotgun would be included as part of one of these packages, as it is an extremely common weapon, and you do get access to the "basic shotgun model" in that way as well.

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 03, 2020, 02:50:28 pm »
Another blast from the past... Can you tell me which mission it was, please?
A Dimension X defense mission, against native.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 03, 2020, 07:53:29 pm »
A Dimension X defense mission, against native.

Thanks, fixed.

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 04, 2020, 04:55:31 am »
On the T'leth factory mission when an aquatoid was standing above a soldier on an elevator I couldn't see them.  I knew there was an aquatoid there because of Psi Vision, but my soldier directly underneath the aquatoid on a 1 tile elevator could not see the enemy.  This happened multiple times.  I was also unable to kill the aquatoids via blind firing up the elevator, but I only tried a few times and may have just missed.

Also, the command center was completely sealed off, and I had to tunnel into it with Sonic Heavy Cannons.
I'm currently using version 1.12 of the Xcom Files.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:26:02 am by DarthTheIII »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 04, 2020, 05:59:22 am »
lotus HQ, there is one tile in the elevator that is not accessible (in both elevators), even otherwise it looks like the rest.
Just can't walk there... (one level below its file)

(that screenshot may look like blatant camping. it is...  :'( almost 1999 and i don't have one cult down yet and no proper tech to take down lotus yet. took to mod 1998 to even find a durathread piece. wtf...)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: April 04, 2020, 06:33:42 pm »
OK, I'll look at both issues.

EDIT: Both the inaccessible corner in the Lotus base and the command centre connection access fixed. For the elevator, I need a save o at least a screenshot, because I can't see anything wrong at a glance.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:45:25 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 05, 2020, 12:36:09 am »
I take it as intentional that when you receive items via random geaoscape events  you don't get them immedieately, but in a few minutes?

I was very confused about where my promised three land surveys were, specially since their ufopedia entry, manufacturing project and shop purchase option are unlocked immedieately, before you actually get them.