Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1108793 times)

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1515 on: November 19, 2018, 02:47:13 am »
I'd suggest you check out the other alloy munition entries, manufactured or otherwise

They either have a defined price or no requiresBuy flag. In this case the flag does nothing since it has no defined buy price and defaults to the item not being available for purchase, hence my question if the entry is intended.
Yes, I've seen these kinds of entries. See a purchase price and see the item need to be made!
For me these are mistakes because I have never seen these items being able to be purchased!  :)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 23, 2018, 04:23:55 pm »
There are some inconsistencies concerning vanilla and new ammunition naming in case of the AC and HC - "normal" ammunition is simply called "ammo", while new ammunition (tritanium&BS) is termed "clips" (man, i'm having a  hard time with singular and plural there). Shouldn't they all be clips? For that matter, shouldn't the LC ammo also be clips? Or are they all ammunition? I'm a bit confused right now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 04:28:58 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1517 on: November 23, 2018, 06:47:34 pm »
There are some inconsistencies concerning vanilla and new ammunition naming in case of the AC and HC - "normal" ammunition is simply called "ammo", while new ammunition (tritanium&BS) is termed "clips" (man, i'm having a  hard time with singular and plural there). Shouldn't they all be clips? For that matter, shouldn't the LC ammo also be clips? Or are they all ammunition? I'm a bit confused right now.

This is a touchy subject. I'd rather have clips everywhere.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 23, 2018, 09:58:28 pm »
Clips it is then. I'll go ahead and rename them accordingly as long as 0.9.7 isn't out yet.

--- posts merged ---

Just happened upon this one:
STR_AUTO_SHOTGUN_AA_SHELLS in manufacture_XCOMFILES.rul contains two instances of requiresBaseFunc: [WORKS]

Edit:
The light cannon AA ammunition requires the explosives license when it doesn't do HE damage. The AA-BS version doesn't need the license.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:20:54 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 24, 2018, 04:21:11 am »
Thanks, all fixed.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 25, 2018, 04:22:57 am »
Can you check the sprites for the auto-sniper ammo? I think they are mixed up, possible with the psg-1.

EDIT:
Hmm, looks like they have been this way since some versions back. Still, the clips look kind of wrong -  the one for the PSG is the same as the tritanium one for the autosniper, only with an A on it and a blueish tint, while the normal auto-sniper clip looks way different.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:29:33 am by krautbernd »

Offline Barth Gimble

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 25, 2018, 06:06:23 am »
I finally finished the game. Great job on this mod! I had a good time playing.

The very last thing that happened in the game was a bug. The series of screens describing the final dialogue with the alien brain plays two times before the the victory/stats screen appears.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 25, 2018, 04:52:12 pm »
Can you check the sprites for the auto-sniper ammo? I think they are mixed up, possible with the psg-1.

EDIT:
Hmm, looks like they have been this way since some versions back. Still, the clips look kind of wrong -  the one for the PSG is the same as the tritanium one for the autosniper, only with an A on it and a blueish tint, while the normal auto-sniper clip looks way different.

Yes, it was a bit of a mess. Thank you, fixed now.

I finally finished the game. Great job on this mod! I had a good time playing.

I'm really glad; I've poured several years into this mod, so every happy player is a sign this time was not wasted. :)

I hope you will return to X-Com Files some day, after it is even more developed.

The very last thing that happened in the game was a bug. The series of screens describing the final dialogue with the alien brain plays two times before the the victory/stats screen appears.

Hmm, indeed that is funny... I'm not sure why it happens. I'll check, but I'm not sure where to start.

Offline terkhen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 25, 2018, 08:20:45 pm »
Hello,

I have researched "Terminate the Black Lotus!", but the Black Lotus HQ mission has appeared again. I am using X-Com Files 0.9.6c and OpenXcom Extended 5.1 (v2018-11-19) (compiled by myself with the latest revision available because I play on Linux).

I am attaching a savegame that allows to reproduce the issue to this post. Just let time pass and the next event will be the Black Lotus HQ mission. I am sorry if the issue has already been reported; I did a short search and did not find anything, but I didn't dig too deeply because I want to avoid spoilers.

I want to say that the mod has been awesome so far and I am enjoying it a lot. Thank you for your work!

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 25, 2018, 08:46:36 pm »
This happens if the mission was in the spawn list before you finished the research. "Terminating" a faction doesn't remove missions in the queue. It shouldn't reappear though.

On a related note, STR_ALERT_BLACK_LOTUS_SHRINE has no associated entry in the yml.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 25, 2018, 08:51:28 pm »
I really need to update soon, I'm tired of getting the same bug reports every week... :P

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 26, 2018, 12:27:46 am »
To buy the minigun clip you only need to complete STR_MINIGUN research, not MINIGUN_BUY - to buy the light minigun ammo you need to be able to the minigun. Is this intended?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 26, 2018, 10:15:00 am »
To buy the minigun clip you only need to complete STR_MINIGUN research, not MINIGUN_BUY - to buy the light minigun ammo you need to be able to the minigun. Is this intended?

Definitely not intended.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 27, 2018, 03:17:41 pm »
The Black Lotus HQ assault has no shade entry in deployments, resulting in the map being dark when you assault it at night time. Given that the HQ is located "deep underground" and is lit artificially, shouldn't the map load with daytime lighting even if assaulted at night?

EDIT:
Have you removed the shield from the EXALT brainer? At least the two i'Ve encountered in my new playthrough didn't seem to have one, at least judging from the in-game graphics.

Hm, i might be misremembering this. Did the brainer even have a shield? Just asking because the animations seem to be a bit different, and he doesn't seem to be such a HP-sponge as he used to be.

EDIT 2:

I just got the T'leth Embassy mission without having researched a Deep One or Underwater Operations. I noticed that diving suits are unlocked from the beginning, but the submarine article isn't. Any chance of restructuring research and/or missions in such a way that underwater operations is needed to actually conduct underwater operations? Maybe link UW-Operations to deep one servants and not to deep ones? I did a stupid :P

EDIT 3:
Field manual mentions "del" clears inventory and that ctrl+alt+del clears craft inventory. It doesn't, and pressing ctrl+alt+del under windows opens the task manager. Standard OXCE hotkey for this is x and ctrl+alt+x.

EDIT 4:
Napalm grenades can be manufactured and bought, but they both have the same requirements, i.e. researching the Napalm grenade. Would suggest unlocking production as soon as the grenade has been found, and unlocking the buy option with Promotion III.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:21:20 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 28, 2018, 10:52:39 am »
Whoa, there are a lot of issues. Thanks.
I will fix everything, but Im having a busy week, so please bear with me :)