Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950603 times)

Offline Nakaraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.1: Big Rain
« Reply #3210 on: January 05, 2020, 12:35:40 am »
OK, please attach a save and tell me which agent it is (her name).
I think it's not a general bug, because many people would complain... But I'll investigate.

In other news, we have updated the X-Com Files website! http://thexcomfiles.xyz/index.html#MAIN

Here is the requested savefile I have equiped all female hybrids with the working armors changing any of them to a armor that exposes ther faces cause crash. You may find them in the first base Named X-COM HQ in the Ironfist. All soldier have been market with ether Hy(brid) or Hu(man), M(ale) or F(emale).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3211 on: January 05, 2020, 12:31:33 pm »
Here is the requested savefile I have equiped all female hybrids with the working armors changing any of them to a armor that exposes ther faces cause crash. You may find them in the first base Named X-COM HQ in the Ironfist. All soldier have been market with ether Hy(brid) or Hu(man), M(ale) or F(emale).

I checked the save and got no crashes.
Your OXCE version is quite old though. The mod should tell you this itself on launch.

Offline Nakaraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: January 05, 2020, 07:54:27 pm »
I checked the save and got no crashes.
Your OXCE version is quite old though. The mod should tell you this itself on launch.

I updated the OXCE to the latest version and.....that did the trick. ;D Thanks for figuring that one out. Now if you excuse me there are a few mutons that has yet to see Xcom's finest in action. ;)

misterx

« Reply #3213 on: January 08, 2020, 04:42:58 pm »
A couple of ideas that probably would make the game harder a la x-piratez:

• xcom should start with only an experimental vehicle (as told in the ufopedia) - the mudranger - with somewhat limited range, and then research "transporst licence" to be able to buy a "trasport/public taxi licence"  (the actual "public/car"); while the "private car" may be renamed into "pickup" with three seats, i've posted one in the one in the graphic gallyery subforum, some recoloring may be needed thouugh. Once done that, modify the ufopedia and the ingame map pic et voilà.
  • use a new tile for tha hangar that may look more like a garage, for example the oneused in the "from the apocalyps" mod by robin; only thingh is to modify a bit the hangar map and it's all god to go.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:04:07 pm by misterx »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.1: Big Rain
« Reply #3214 on: January 08, 2020, 05:55:15 pm »
yap, for the cars (ground vehicles - all of kinds, - sportycar, van, humwee, tanks,  fightingAPC,..) there should, /would not be a whole big "hangar" (for aircrafts), but just only just garage! :o  -

- the Garage - room, of size  just 1x1 tiles

(well i admit i dont know if the size 1x1 is correct - i mean, garage SHWOULD be the same size as any other absically rooms, (armored vault, workplace, barracks, workshop,..)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:59:50 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 08, 2020, 07:32:19 pm »
yap, for the cars (ground vehicles - all of kinds) there should, /would be not a whole big "hangar" (for aircrafts), but just only just garage! :o  -

- the Garage - room, of size  just 1x1

(well i admit i dont know if the size 1x1 is correct - i mean, garage swhould be the same size as any other absically rooms, (workplace, habitat..)

You aren't actually buying a car ingame "lore" (besides humvee probably). It's just representation due to engine limits that you can't move out on a mission without vessel. In terms of "Public Transport" your agents take stuff designed for this "vessel" to the airport, then they fly somewhere, then they rent a car and then they arrive at the mission.

misterx

« Reply #3216 on: January 09, 2020, 09:15:24 am »
You aren't actually buying a car ingame "lore" (besides humvee probably). It's just representation due to engine limits that you can't move out on a mission without vessel. In terms of "Public Transport" your agents take stuff designed for this "vessel" to the airport, then they fly somewhere, then they rent a car and then they arrive at the mission.

I know, alternatively may be intoduced a 1x1 facility (like ones featured in Etheral's mod) named "garage" needed to have vehicles, while hangars are required for aircraft but don't know if it may be even possible due to the game engine

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: January 09, 2020, 05:31:50 pm »
There is WIP feature of OXCE game engine that makes possible more than 1 hangar type for different crafts. When it will be implemented into OXCE some rebalance could be possible to imagine. We can only wish Yankes will have time for that, as its very complicated task

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: January 10, 2020, 02:44:21 am »
^^
btw..  ^^ "dehobbesation" :o :D :D ;D :D) :p lôl

..but, anyway - wouldn´t it (will not) it, the dehobbesationed mod, be then such ..naked & goale, (almost) empty ?  ? ?

(at least, what concerns the terrains tiles graphics, terrains maps and graphics.. )

misterx

« Reply #3219 on: January 10, 2020, 11:58:52 am »
Yes, there are many options. Osobist made some very nice firefighter sprites. We'll see when I have more time.

@Solarius: already discussed here and actually i've foud only one mod so far tha contains them: it's the armed civilian one in the portal. Sadly there are no screenshots :( but the fighters are yellow, may be recoloured according to your taste/your national uniform one :D Spritesheet is attached anyway :)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 10, 2020, 09:43:38 pm »
FYI that yellow firefighter is actually from my "From the Apocalypse" mod (it is actually not a firefighter but a "cargo guy"; I guess it can look like a firefighter of sorts too!).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3221 on: January 11, 2020, 02:43:17 pm »
A couple of ideas that probably would make the game harder a la x-piratez:

The general consensus seems to be that XCF is are already harder than Piratez, but that's not somethign I would know. :)

xcom should start with only an experimental vehicle (as told in the ufopedia) - the mudranger - with somewhat limited range, and then research "transporst licence" to be able to buy a "trasport/public taxi licence"  (the actual "public/car"); while the "private car" may be renamed into "pickup" with three seats, i've posted one in the one in the graphic gallyery subforum, some recoloring may be needed thouugh. Once done that, modify the ufopedia and the ingame map pic et voilà.

Lot's of EXTREME deas here. Well, if I were to consider them, we'd need a lot of new options, because the current engine wouldn't support it in a playable form.

use a new tile for tha hangar that may look more like a garage, for example the oneused in the "from the apocalyps" mod by robin; only thingh is to modify a bit the hangar map and it's all god to go.

Hangars will probably get overhauled at saome point, as the engine grows - like Finnik said.

FYI that yellow firefighter is actually from my "From the Apocalypse" mod (it is actually not a firefighter but a "cargo guy"; I guess it can look like a firefighter of sorts too!).

Yep, I don't think anyone could miss that it's your sprite! It's very much your style, and it's awesome as always.

misterx

« Reply #3222 on: January 15, 2020, 09:54:46 am »
Dear Solarius,

I've made an alternative ppsh handob sprite because the one in the mod i find too high; alternatively i resized the current one, also please i'd be ver veryhappy you would like to replace the sten i made here (along with other guns, please consider to add? with the one in the mod because the latter looks more like a sterling

The new one is in .gif format

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: January 15, 2020, 11:21:59 pm »
Nice job, man!
I'm eagerly watching your MOD and waiting for completion when it reaches:
Shogg: 100%
Cult of Apocalypse: 100%
Men in Black: 100%
Black Sun: 100%