Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 476786 times)

Offline Fomka

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2970 on: September 18, 2021, 02:12:15 pm »
Another bugreport. Load the save with long name and wait till 08:00 of 7th of June, 1999. Two Battleships will be detected, flying with their full speed of 6250 mph, UFO-117 and UFO-118. Wait. When UFO-177 will be near one of the X-COM bases, another Battleship will be detected, UFO-119. The 117th will land and a base defense will begin. After the successful defense no UFOs will be seen. Two other Battleships will vanish.

I've attached a save after the base defense.

Oh, I was so happy to anticipate a series of base attacks, but no, the Aliens seem to have been frightened by the fate of their shining UFO-117.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: September 18, 2021, 05:50:57 pm »
AFAIK, a successful base defense will abort any ongoing retaliation mission which spawned said battleship.

Offline Fomka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: September 18, 2021, 06:47:09 pm »
Thanks. Interestingly, one of the disappeared battleships was on the other side of the planet. It did not seem to go to the base.

One more question. How could I order interceptors to patrol over a landed UFO?

In the vanilla, as far as I remember, interceptors simply stayed over the landed UFO. It is useful, because they will immediately intercept the UFO upon its lift-off. In the X-COM Files interceptors can land near UFO and the game asks each time about it when an interceptor reaches a landed UFO. It's a pity that when I answer "No, do not land" the aircraft just heads home. So, the UFO will just lift-off unhindered and will fly away.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • OXCE developer
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #2973 on: September 18, 2021, 07:14:03 pm »
One more question. How could I order interceptors to patrol over a landed UFO?

Press CTRL and click on PATROL button that appears.

In the vanilla, as far as I remember, interceptors simply stayed over the landed UFO. It is useful, because they will immediately intercept the UFO upon its lift-off. In the X-COM Files interceptors can land near UFO and the game asks each time about it when an interceptor reaches a landed UFO. It's a pity that when I answer "No, do not land" the aircraft just heads home. So, the UFO will just lift-off unhindered and will fly away.

To have this behavior, you need an interceptor that cannot land/go on a mission.

Offline Fomka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: September 19, 2021, 04:08:19 pm »
Press CTRL and click on PATROL button that appears.
Thanks, that worked!