Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 264184 times)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2535 on: July 09, 2020, 12:58:11 pm »
It is not a major gripe or anything. Its just that there is no incentive to purchase these hazmat suits if you can use/rent them for free when the mission appears. And currently I am not at a point where I have an abundance of money so it felt like an exploit.

I thought that since my men were not equipped with the right Armour, the mission would either not go through (like when you want to start an undercover mission with the wrong transport), or the agents not wearing the right Armour would not partake in the mission (like how you can send 10 guys to an underwater mission but only 7 partake), or they would start with the wrong Armour equipped but they would receive an HP and/or stun penalty each turn for not wearing chemical resistant Armour, just like how an eerie aura drains sanity each turn.

..or, well, let´ equip them with the right armor, resp.hazmat suits - but for hell costly, so muchsuch expensive fee, factured after the mission (well, or IMMEDIATELY, still in time of finishing of mission
(in that time when there is a loot screen on)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: July 09, 2020, 01:01:56 pm »
..and it´s also quite realistically - when you something do NOT have, you must order it, (buy it), or borrow it ( +, if you need it QUICKLY, - you pay alot much more, for "speedy" order"

so, for example - quickly order, buy-ing of hazmat suits, from local warehause, stores at site - 15 000 €$ / per 1piece

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: July 09, 2020, 01:41:07 pm »
Hazmats aren't particularly sturdy.
Perhaps an armor with equal stats, but which drops a "Destroyed Hazmat suit" on death. This Destroyed Hazmat suit would have a negative sell price (let's say -$30 000) and negative point value (which I assume would be added to the negative points from losing a soldier.)
The idea is that you are merely borrowing them. If you bring them back, nothing happened. But if you get them destroyed, whoever lended them to you will want compensation. Bigger compensation than if you just bought them.

The environmental damage idea is good for sewers. But I wonder if agents would even survive in dimension X for a few seconds without an environmental suit of some kind. Of course I do not know it's atmosphere composition, so perhaps they would.

Offline tarkalak

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: July 09, 2020, 07:06:04 pm »
Are AI units supposed to get awards and thus skill increases?

I thought that their stats are fixed and cannot be changed apart from using a different armor (chassis).

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: July 09, 2020, 07:49:36 pm »
Do you have Pulse Pistol Chem Clip researched? If yes, then it should appear in the Pedia; if it doesn't, further investigation is needed.

The save file suggests it is (the relevant tech is listed as "discovered"), but the tech never actually showed up for me on the research list. I note that a new version of the mod you released since I made that post changed the research cost of the chem clips since then- that might have fixed it but I don't know if that'll change the issue retroactively.

Edit: After installing the new version of the mod and manually removing the techs from my "discovered" list so I could research them properly, they show up as they should. I can only assume the nonexistent research cost interacted with UFOpedia somehow to make it think it was never researched.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 08:01:44 pm by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: July 09, 2020, 11:40:17 pm »

I thought that their stats are fixed and cannot be changed apart from using a different armor (chassis).
AI skill can be increased through normal exp gain, too, not just awards.
Strange, for sure. Maybe this can be handwaved as machine learning?

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: July 10, 2020, 03:17:14 am »
AI skill can be increased through normal exp gain, too, not just awards.
Strange, for sure. Maybe this can be handwaved as machine learning?
UFOPedia explicitly says they can do that.

Offline tarkalak

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: July 10, 2020, 12:39:11 pm »
UFOPedia explicitly says they can do that.

The only relevant text I found was that they work exactly like normal soldiers, so OK. I must have missed or forgotten that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2543 on: July 10, 2020, 04:38:37 pm »
Hazmats aren't particularly sturdy.
Perhaps an armor with equal stats, but which drops a "Destroyed Hazmat suit" on death. This Destroyed Hazmat suit would have a negative sell price (let's say -$30 000) and negative point value (which I assume would be added to the negative points from losing a soldier.)
The idea is that you are merely borrowing them. If you bring them back, nothing happened. But if you get them destroyed, whoever lended them to you will want compensation. Bigger compensation than if you just bought them.

Yes, it makes sense and would work. However, I'm not sure I'm willing to add a new armour type (a duplicate of Hazmat with identical stats and looks, but different behaviour) just for this one mission (Okay, and Dimension X, but you should have better EVA suits by then.)

The environmental damage idea is good for sewers. But I wonder if agents would even survive in dimension X for a few seconds without an environmental suit of some kind. Of course I do not know it's atmosphere composition, so perhaps they would.

For a while, yes. Just not very long.

No, they're definitely alive. Well, in a way.

The save file suggests it is (the relevant tech is listed as "discovered"), but the tech never actually showed up for me on the research list. I note that a new version of the mod you released since I made that post changed the research cost of the chem clips since then- that might have fixed it but I don't know if that'll change the issue retroactively.

Yeah, I did it just in case, no idea if it was needed though.

Edit: After installing the new version of the mod and manually removing the techs from my "discovered" list so I could research them properly, they show up as they should. I can only assume the nonexistent research cost interacted with UFOpedia somehow to make it think it was never researched.

Many thanks for checking. I won't do it again.