Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1110465 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #4125 on: April 25, 2024, 04:52:39 pm »
If I recall correctly, in my last XCF campaign, enforcers were used as heavy support. Short summary of advantages for me:

Strength to carry heavy weapons, such as the Sniper Gauss
Unable to get wounded, only loss of HP, IIRC.
No downtime if injured.
Immunity to PSI actions

You get weight reduction with power suit, power armor and juggernaut armor. All of these allow regular agents to carry heavy gauss weapons. The only late-game armor which does not is stormtrooper armor. So, by the point you get enforcer, your agents should already be able to carry gauss without problems (at least if you prioritized capturing heavy MIBs for their armors). Also, after the somewhat recent addition of advanced sick bay, agent downtime due to injury or sanity loss is less and less relevant.

So, not really sure of the actual use case for these now (in the sense how are these better than, for example, spartans or even some other transformed soldiers).

Maybe this should be pulled to a separate thread..

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: April 26, 2024, 12:12:24 am »
I'd pay a lot in-game for enhancements or upgrades to the Enforcer armor, so it's more of an unique item.
Imagine nanites on their armor that slowly regenerate the health. Or some additional resistance to plasma or laser.
Indeed Spartans soldiers of maxed out agents are the final team for Cydonia, so I treasure them a bit more.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: April 26, 2024, 03:49:53 pm »
A small typo in the "soldierBonuses_XCOMFILES.rul" file for the bonus "STR_MEDAL_TASEMASTER_5".