Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1951747 times)

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.1: Big Rain
« Reply #3195 on: December 28, 2019, 09:13:14 pm »
I have a question about Humvees vs Helicopters
Yes, if you have the money (and can deal with he hassle) to have several strike teams spread across bases around the globe, then the helicopter is clearly the better choice. That is also what I have done.
Another thing to note: The humvee is considered a military vessel and the chopper a civilian one. That gives the chopper another advantage: It can partake in covert missions like ski and beach resorts. However, for some reason, it cannot do all covert missions. For example, if I remember correctly, for Osrion Stakeout you still need to keep around a car or van (or land rover, once that becomes available).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3196 on: December 29, 2019, 04:41:59 pm »
Thanks, guys! Merry post-Christmas to you too!

About the mod's logic, are you supposed to end all cults at the time the invasion starts in 1999? I am at Jan 1999 and I've only terminated EXALT so far. Would have finished Black Lotus too but that Boss banshee kicked my ass bad :D.

It's not that you're supposed to do that; if you don't, it doesn't mean you play badly. But it will save you some hassle. Consider it a reward for exceptional performance.

The Copter vs. Humvee has probably been covered already.

misterx

« Reply #3197 on: December 29, 2019, 04:48:06 pm »
There may be a 5 seats vehice that can embrace incognito misisons? Actually the van has for and hummer 5 but would be nice another one for such missions that is five-sized. How about a private-van that has it, corresonding to the private car but with one more seat? Maybe a pick up if it's not already present in the game?

Edit: og and anyway may be nice ro escape from the undercover missions, i'd like green spots across the map borders; xcom apicalypae allowed to leave the missions in that way.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:10:28 pm by misterx »

Offline Hadriex

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: December 29, 2019, 05:32:50 pm »
Glad to hear Red Dawn HQ is a little easier. Honestly that was one insane.

Actually I kinda wish Red Dawn, in general, used smaller numbers of stronger soldiers. As they're hopped up on that storm stuff that's some kinda super steroids or something.

My thoughts on Chopper vs humvee:
In my experience you always want the most boots on the ground you can get. But I suppose if you actually know what a mission is going to look like it might be different. But generally I consider more guys to be worth any price.

Maybe that hard point on the humvee doesn't matter right now. But who's to say Exalt or someone won't decide to buy a couple planes to assault your transports. Force you to track down a secret airfield or some such to shut it down. Possibilities like that made me all kinds of nervous when I was playing blind.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: December 29, 2019, 05:39:06 pm »
There may be a 5 seats vehice that can embrace incognito misisons? Actually the van has for and hummer 5 but would be nice another one for such missions that is five-sized. How about a private-van that has it, corresonding to the private car but with one more seat? Maybe a pick up if it's not already present in the game?

What, like the already existing Land Rover? :P

Edit: og and anyway may be nice ro escape from the undercover missions, i'd like green spots across the map borders; xcom apicalypae allowed to leave the missions in that way.

Not feasible without a huge pain, and I don't like it anyway.

misterx

« Reply #3200 on: December 29, 2019, 06:25:45 pm »
What, like the already existing Land Rover? :P

Umh i did not discover it yet! it's a mid game vehicle? Please any ugopedia screenshot?  :P

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: December 29, 2019, 06:57:22 pm »
Umh i did not discover it yet! it's a mid game vehicle?

You need to research Promotion III and Advanced Undercover Operations.

misterx

« Reply #3202 on: December 31, 2019, 08:47:39 pm »
@X-Man: thanks for the tip!

@Solarius: personally i'd switch the humvee and the land rover, considering the former has even a wepon slot and it's more fit for military employment, and the latter seems to me more civilian.

Also may be possible to have a three seat vehicle in between the car and the van? May be name minivan, search in google images for some inspiration :)

Offline Nakaraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 01, 2020, 03:45:29 am »
Hello everyone I recently updated from 0.9.6 (c?) to 1.1.2 and loaded an old save everything works just fine except the face sprite for the female hybrid. So every time I go in to the inventory and select a female hybrid the game crashes and I get this crash report.

Is this problem fixed by starting a new game? if not how do I fix it?

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 02, 2020, 07:35:27 am »
Quick question, is it possible to get reaction fire with the taser? Never actually seen it go off, despite a million cornered farmer scenarios where it potentially could've.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: January 02, 2020, 08:05:30 am »
Quick question, is it possible to get reaction fire with the taser? Never actually seen it go off, despite a million cornered farmer scenarios where it potentially could've.

No. Reaction shots are possible if your firearm has "snap shot" mode.
Taser has only "aimed shot" mode.

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 02, 2020, 08:08:14 am »
No. Reaction shots are possible if your firearm has "snap shot" mode.
Taser has only "aimed shot" mode.

Ah of course, since all reacts are snaps. Thank you!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: January 03, 2020, 09:06:21 pm »
@Solarius: personally i'd switch the humvee and the land rover, considering the former has even a wepon slot and it's more fit for military employment, and the latter seems to me more civilian.

So what kind of switch do you mean? Certainly not simply switching the research, as obviously it wouldn't make any sense in the context.

Also may be possible to have a three seat vehicle in between the car and the van? May be name minivan, search in google images for some inspiration :)

And make the van even harder to get? Why do you hate the players so much? :P

Hello everyone I recently updated from 0.9.6 (c?) to 1.1.2 and loaded an old save everything works just fine except the face sprite for the female hybrid. So every time I go in to the inventory and select a female hybrid the game crashes and I get this crash report.

Is this problem fixed by starting a new game? if not how do I fix it?

I can't think of anything which could cause this... Try switching to another armour maybe?

Offline Nakaraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 04, 2020, 10:28:17 am »
So what kind of switch do you mean? Certainly not simply switching the research, as obviously it wouldn't make any sense in the context.

And make the van even harder to get? Why do you hate the players so much? :P

I can't think of anything which could cause this... Try switching to another armour maybe?

I have tried all armours on the female hybrid all armors that cover the face and the juggernaut suit works and all that show the face and synth suit makes the game crash.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 10:46:45 am by Nakaraf »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 04, 2020, 09:15:06 pm »
I have tried all armours on the female hybrid all armors that cover the face and the juggernaut suit works and all that show the face and synth suit makes the game crash.

OK, please attach a save and tell me which agent it is (her name).
I think it's not a general bug, because many people would complain... But I'll investigate.

In other news, we have updated the X-Com Files website! http://thexcomfiles.xyz/index.html#MAIN