aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1669442 times)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4560 on: September 15, 2024, 11:22:33 pm »
In Piratez_Armors.rul, ETHEREAL_ARMOR6 has duplicate antiCamouflageAtDay key. Did you mean the 2nd one to be antiCamouflageAtDark?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4561 on: September 16, 2024, 01:41:08 pm »
In Piratez_Armors.rul, ETHEREAL_ARMOR6 has duplicate antiCamouflageAtDay key. Did you mean the 2nd one to be antiCamouflageAtDark?

Thanks, probably a bug; fixed.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: September 17, 2024, 10:50:03 am »
0.99N9.7.7, my barracuda shoots down a bandit car (flag "the academy") and metallo is on its way to recover, but game crashes speaking about a STC_SECTOID_TERROR string not foun or something.. here are screenshots, saves and log. To continue play i guess i have to skip that mission *sigh*

Edit: seems that all kind of that mission recovery are affected. For now, just gonna skip
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 11:27:35 am by ontherun »

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: September 18, 2024, 11:18:48 am »
Since we had this position 14 bug in previous releases, can someone ELI5 me on the nature of it?

I assume that some mission types, crew types and combinations of there of had to be manually adjusted to account for new changes, one by one, which considering XPZ's size means that some slip through the cracks.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 11:24:54 am by shinr »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: September 18, 2024, 01:49:12 pm »
Since we had this position 14 bug in previous releases, can someone ELI5 me on the nature of it?

I assume that some mission types, crew types and combinations of there of had to be manually adjusted to account for new changes, one by one, which considering XPZ's size means that some slip through the cracks.

I'd also ask for double cjacking "hassan special offer" buying thing, since i unlocked in the game, but after some research - cannot remember what was - the debriesfin research screen told that now we can research it

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: September 18, 2024, 02:09:36 pm »

At the beginning of the month, the Mutant Pogrom (STR_ALIEN_TERROR) mission was generated. The first wave was a Fighter (STR_VESSEL_FIGHTER), which you shot down. By shooting it down, you generated a retaliation mission, Wasteland Trouble (STR_BANDIT_ROBBERS_ASSAULT_STANDARD), which took on the original terror mission race (STC_SECTOID_TERROR). The Wasteland Trouble mission's first wave was a Bandit Car (STR_VESSEL_BANDIT_CAR), which has aliens ranked 14, 10, 11 deployed. But the original race only consists of ranks up to 7, which crashed the game. The bug is in generating a wrong retaliation mission.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 04:40:43 pm by Delian »