Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3690181 times)

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #9030 on: April 20, 2024, 12:51:14 pm »
Am I doing something wrong then? I see everyone talking about how good Ogres are, but to me their stats seem kinda low.

Honestly, as much as I like Catgirls, I think they are somewhat hampered by having very armors with shield.

Offline kebkeb

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: April 20, 2024, 06:14:10 pm »
Inexperienced Ogres need babysitting because they recruit with bad stats, but their caps are insane. A trained ogre is basically as fast  as a gal in the same tier of armor (5 less TUs but better stamina), has the same firing/throwing skill, is much tankier, has way more energy/regen, has way more freshness , and can carry way more stuff. They don't like CQC very much because they can't protect themselves with reaction fire, but you can use them to draw out enemies (enemy types permitting) and protect them with your teammates' reaction fire, or have them serve as backline bombardment and supply carrier. In general it's hard to go wrong putting them in the most up-to-date armor and giving them some super heavy weapon like an autocannon, HGL, Heavy Flamer, Quad Launcher, AHMG, and a bunch of grenades or logistical items. At worst they'll be mediocre, run a high ammo expense, and spend a long time in the infirmary, but unless they get hit by a dangerous melee enemy or shot by a tank they should almost never die. Being almost unkillable also means they're very safe commendation stackers. Basically, by having the biggest guns, the heaviest armor, and the biggest HP pool, they deliver the most to an open firefight out of anybody in the roster for their crew slot, but due to their inflexibility they do benefit from a mixed team that can compensate their weaknesses.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 06:25:19 pm by kebkeb »

Offline Claireity

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: April 21, 2024, 04:58:03 am »
So... Where can I find Reticulan technicians? I may have screwed myself, because I managed to get the reticulan alliance research stuff before interrogating one of them, and now I don't know where to find any. The bounty mission about showing up at reticulan vats does not seem to include them, (or sirens for that matter) and I can't advance through the tech tree without them.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: April 21, 2024, 08:18:09 am »
So... Where can I find Reticulan technicians?
They can be found in medium size Reticulan UFOs and in Reticulan Base. As far as I know, Reticulan UFOs will continue to fly (and can be taken down) even after reticulan alliance research. Reticulan Base can be found where Imperial Drone lands. Sometimes.

Offline Claireity

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: April 21, 2024, 10:14:59 pm »
They can be found in medium size Reticulan UFOs and in Reticulan Base. As far as I know, Reticulan UFOs will continue to fly (and can be taken down) even after reticulan alliance research. Reticulan Base can be found where Imperial Drone lands. Sometimes.
Ah, I'm sorry I didn't elaborate. There are no reticulan UFOs flying anymore. If there were, this wouldn't be an issue. Only thing I see imperial drones flag as demons, but I'll try tracking them down in case the mission changes upon landing.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: April 21, 2024, 11:01:16 pm »
So... Where can I find Reticulan technicians? I may have screwed myself, because I managed to get the reticulan alliance research stuff before interrogating one of them, and now I don't know where to find any. The bounty mission about showing up at reticulan vats does not seem to include them, (or sirens for that matter) and I can't advance through the tech tree without them.

If you just need the research, you should be able to get it from the reticulan flies.

Offline Claireity

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: April 21, 2024, 11:52:50 pm »
If you just need the research, you should be able to get it from the reticulan flies.
...Somehow I was convinced I'd wiped that out. You're absolutely right and I'm an idiot. Thank you.

Offline sanchoss

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: April 24, 2024, 10:34:33 pm »
How to Finish Kidonia. Kill All enemyes, what now? How to get to bunker? Where Solar Governor?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 10:55:24 pm by sanchoss »

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: April 25, 2024, 09:57:22 am »
How to Finish Kidonia. Kill All enemyes, what now? How to get to bunker? Where Solar Governor?
Welcome, another victim of Xpiratez author's trolling! The short answer is "Governor is in the another castle". Exit tiles are at the beginning of "maze". For longer answer you can read this:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=5345.msg158977#msg158977

Offline sanchoss

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: April 26, 2024, 06:54:00 am »
Welcome, another victim of Xpiratez author's trolling! The short answer is "Governor is in the another castle". Exit tiles are at the beginning of "maze". For longer answer you can read this:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=5345.msg158977#msg158977

Thank you. New Final mission impressive.