Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577950 times)

Offline Maur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #9000 on: March 14, 2024, 10:01:17 pm »
Cats 4 Life gets recruitable catgirls off the market (same as buying Hands for Gals Are Superior) as well as a unique craft based on xcomfiles' Kitsune. There's also access to the Golden Pistol and the other nekomimi golden weapons. One of the big bottlenecks for Cat Path is that both the unique craft and unique weapon consume Neko Nuclear Batterys which are quite expensive. Catgirls are pretty decent as rare recruits and have a good niche as auxiliaries (and cute mascots) but they struggle as mainline troops due to their low health and low armor. They've got all the speed and killy-ness of a melee gal but all the fragility of a peasant. If you haven't done Peasant Revolution yet, I would recommend doing so. It's especially flavorful if you start in Red Revolution (Venezuela) for the extra revolutionary recruits from that country's starting event.

If you're interested in Cats 4 Life, check out the Everyday Is Caturday thread; Yugian is doing a let's play with this gimmick.
Thanks!

I saw the Caturday thread, yes. I think i'll do Peadant, i did it before (not to the end ofc, year or two) and i like the theme very much. And i actually used kind of houserules  to only recruit lokknars and peasants from the market (intrtedting unlimited hiring is gone now), so i dont actually want to have recruitable Cats, though i'd like to have more of them than Synths/Gnomes. Damsels-scale, probably.

I wondet if there are any events, especially special Cat recruits there, though. Maybe i'll check their ctaft and exchange it for Harvester (though Harvester is soo powerful and generally nice)

Offline Maur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #9001 on: March 14, 2024, 10:08:13 pm »
Sorry for double post, but this is completely different topic:

I had an idea of mission kind of slave pen. You would use pickaxe or something to make a hole in the ground without ramps, and then throw bodies of the unconscious there.

1) I think they could not get out, so they would not have to be guarded.

2) Even more importantly, if the pit was only one tile, would the unconscious even get up after first one? What happens in such case?

If they don't, it could be even used to capture large number of, say, spiders (for poison etc), or werewolves, etc.

3) Maybe i am evil, but just imagined largeish pit filled woth awake captives, cheering gals on the embankment, and then one of them throws a firebomb in...

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #9002 on: March 18, 2024, 05:47:13 am »
Hi everyone. Please answer the question. Is it normal that test flight technology has become repetitive? Sorry for my bad english.

Yes, though it's mainly for a bit of score and various 'pedia articles. I'm not sure it gates anything useful

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: March 18, 2024, 02:03:52 pm »
Ok, I'd like to ask two question that I couldn't find a good answer to:

1. Is there anything you can do with JIM (other then paying him to fuck off)?

2. Is it necessary to put a spa next to the red mage's tower for the story line to continue?

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: March 18, 2024, 07:14:57 pm »
1. I don't think so.
2. You just need to have it in the same base, does not need to actually touch.