Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N9.5 21-Aug-2024 Second Coming  (Read 4085350 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N9 1-Jul-2024 Second Coming
« Reply #9120 on: July 10, 2024, 07:30:56 pm »
How are the bases registered in the saves? I want to see how many bases have spawned.
Look under 'alienBases:'. :)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: July 11, 2024, 02:23:12 am »
You got the clip in there. I don't believe it's possible to get it to spawn without the stapler.

https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_LOC_GUILD_OUTPOST
As you can see in the "item list", the chances of getting the stapler on the ground are pretty low, however hostesses have a very high chance of coming equipped with it. Also, If all you need is the tech you can get it from interrogations/data disk.

Particularly I've never had trouble getting the tech one way or another, unlike other stuff.
:-*
thanks, but i can assure the stapler is not spawned, only the clip, but actually that does not make sense; it should appear in the loot taken from enemy corpses. I always had loads of trouble recovering it since its introduction as workshop perquisite (similar to wrench, but Dioxine made it more commin). It's weird that a guild item doesn't spawn in the stash of stuff in their warehouse, so it should be mire common as wrench is now, hope Dioxine agrees...plus researchin furiously data disk is a chore that makes game frustrating, and the fun is gone  :'(

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: July 11, 2024, 03:35:34 am »
re: stapler
weird that only the clip appears
but in my experience Team Leaders are the ones who carry staplers and hardly anything else, so you should get it along with a Team Leader (whom you should not research, and should always sell, as he gives you good points for capture whilst unresearched).

Just completed my first Raider Arms Factory and im pleasantly surprised with how fun of a mission it was. Also the new addition of flame guards as an intermediate version of a firebat. It was a good challenge, im not so sure about the rewards or the points involved but its "okay" (to me any mission demanding a special vehicle and unique loadout better be worth it, looking at the save file the arms factory sticks around on the map a long time so at least there's plenty of time to organize a raid for it).

Rolled them with a Convoy of 13 gals and an Armoured Car (4x) RPG. Included were three gals in grav harness, three catgirls (one + the unipuma sisters), one gal in a heavy suit, and a human hero in defender armor (he killed 4 with a sniper rifle).

Loadout:  Several Sniper Rifles, Two Harpoons/Stun, Two Zeerust Rifles, Two Light Cannons/AP, Heavy Laser, other assorted junk. Actually ended up doing some damage with hand cannons, didn't get much chance to do melee.

(strangely the Unipuma Peacekeeper armor with the shoulder rockets does Not have a Cat Claw or Gauntlet attack, which was a real surprise. That was the only melee confrontation and --blip-- no melee. The Sludger holding a gas grenade launcher was harpooned and then shot in the back a couple times with a handcannon instead.)

The Food Wars raid is underwhelming though, just some bandits and drifters to kill and it looks alot like a doomed farm but without the chaingunners.

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: July 11, 2024, 09:47:07 am »
Is there any issues with the compressed file for N9.0.1? My downloaded file checksum is correct as copied from cmd prompt below.

certutil -hashfile Dioxine_XPiratez_N9.0.1.rar md5
MD5 hash of Dioxine_XPiratez_N9.0.1.rar:
e94555bacb24ca8ea00d41fec53ecaa9
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

However, I tried unzipping it with 7z and it did not complete after 6 hours. I download peazip too and takes a long while. (After the 6 hours attempt, I stop the program when it did not finished within 3 minutes)

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: July 11, 2024, 03:09:15 pm »
:-*
thanks, but i can assure the stapler is not spawned, only the clip, but actually that does not make sense; it should appear in the loot taken from enemy corpses. I always had loads of trouble recovering it since its introduction as workshop perquisite (similar to wrench, but Dioxine made it more commin). It's weird that a guild item doesn't spawn in the stash of stuff in their warehouse, so it should be mire common as wrench is now, hope Dioxine agrees...plus researchin furiously data disk is a chore that makes game frustrating, and the fun is gone  :'(

Spoilers ahead!
Spoiler:
It's true that sometimes Stapler can be elusive, but game does not really press you to get Workshop fast. Also, even tho drop rate can seem low you can get it through many ways. Warehouse War mission is just one of them. I had staplers drop even from bring down the tower mission. A landed 9m guild UFO can have it and those can just land at your door in March or April. Clearing basement of your main base for attack helicopter plans give you a couple of staplers. Also, stapler has only one use after it's researched, so it's understandable if it's rare.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: July 11, 2024, 04:52:52 pm »
Spoilers ahead!
Spoiler:
It's true that sometimes Stapler can be elusive, but game does not really press you to get Workshop fast. Also, even tho drop rate can seem low you can get it through many ways. Warehouse War mission is just one of them. I had staplers drop even from bring down the tower mission. A landed 9m guild UFO can have it and those can just land at your door in March or April. Clearing basement of your main base for attack helicopter plans give you a couple of staplers. Also, stapler has only one use after it's researched, so it's understandable if it's rare.

Actually the game seems  somewhat to urge building a workshop; from jan 2602 enemies will get better  stuff and from such date even first hostile hideouts begin to appear, without workshop you cannot do much because cannot get better equipment/weapons/vessels to destroy these and  since enemy hideouts drain a lot of score so basically player is set to lose the game  :'(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 05:03:47 pm by ontherun »

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: July 11, 2024, 04:56:30 pm »
Is there any issues with the compressed file for N9.0.1? My downloaded file checksum is correct as copied from cmd prompt below.

certutil -hashfile Dioxine_XPiratez_N9.0.1.rar md5
MD5 hash of Dioxine_XPiratez_N9.0.1.rar:
e94555bacb24ca8ea00d41fec53ecaa9
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

However, I tried unzipping it with 7z and it did not complete after 6 hours. I download peazip too and takes a long while. (After the 6 hours attempt, I stop the program when it did not finished within 3 minutes)

Or can anyone send me a copy of the latest program in zip not rar? Thanks

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: July 11, 2024, 07:32:12 pm »
Or can anyone send me a copy of the latest program in zip not rar? Thanks

Disregard my last, had managed to unrar the file using peazip. However, it takes more than an hour. I don't know the exact time it used to complete the operation but last I checked before it closed after completion is 1 hour. And playing Stellaris while it's still running

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #9128 on: July 11, 2024, 07:37:59 pm »
Disregard my last, had managed to unrar the file using peazip. However, it takes more than an hour. I don't know the exact time it used to complete the operation but last I checked before it closed after completion is 1 hour. And playing Stellaris while it's still running

The file unpacks in seconds. Something must be quite wrong on your end - either system-wise, or the file got corrupted.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: July 11, 2024, 10:13:31 pm »
Piratez unpack (and copy in general) for about an hour on my computer too. The file is not corrupted, it is just large.
Or more precisely, it contains a large amount of tiny files. 536 MB in 20 913 files, averaging 25.6 kB per file. That takes a lot of time to copy on a HDD.

Edit:
And 331MB, 85 files of that is sounds. So the rest is 205 MB in 20 828 files, making non-sound files have the average size 9.8kB.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 10:15:45 pm by Mathel »

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: July 11, 2024, 10:58:24 pm »
Actually the game seems  somewhat to urge building a workshop; from jan 2602 enemies will get better  stuff and from such date even first hostile hideouts begin to appear, without workshop you cannot do much because cannot get better equipment/weapons/vessels to destroy these and  since enemy hideouts drain a lot of score so basically player is set to lose the game  :'(

Ok, by the end of first year you absolutely should have Workshop finished. It's late even in my book. However drop rate of stapler is not an issue. If you are new to this mod than obviously you would not know how to set up yourself to get needed items fast. There is also a possibility of extremally bad luck. Needed missions do not spawn and even if they do the item just did not drop. Most of the time in my plays I get the stapler before May. But unlucky runs where I get in as late as August also happened.

Offline balam

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: July 12, 2024, 12:30:01 am »
Data Disk have a research cost of 2 and on the worst case scenario you will get another cost 2 tech. Plenty of 15 cost tech in there and some even higher. Plus you don't need the actual item/it won't get destroyed. By "furiously researching disks" you can get access to techs your not "supposed" to and fly through the tech tree. Disks are the single best thing you can research.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: July 12, 2024, 03:29:12 am »
Ok, by the end of first year you absolutely should have Workshop finished. It's late even in my book. However drop rate of stapler is not an issue. If you are new to this mod than obviously you would not know how to set up yourself to get needed items fast. There is also a possibility of extremally bad luck. Needed missions do not spawn and even if they do the item just did not drop. Most of the time in my plays I get the stapler before May. But unlucky runs where I get in as late as August also happened.

thanks, but it's nearly five years i play xpiratez on and off and wrench and stapler always caused me trouble, but i guess it's only bad luck then

Data Disk have a research cost of 2 and on the worst case scenario you will get another cost 2 tech. Plenty of 15 cost tech in there and some even higher. Plus you don't need the actual item/it won't get destroyed. By "furiously researching disks" you can get access to techs your not "supposed" to and fly through the tech tree. Disks are the single best thing you can research.

i never made heavy use of disks in research, i find more funny/interesting analyze stuff picked up as loot, peraphs i might reconsider their usage   :P

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: July 12, 2024, 01:28:13 pm »
The file unpacks in seconds. Something must be quite wrong on your end - either system-wise, or the file got corrupted.

I had unpacked using peazip (although it takes 1 hour+ and better than 7z which did not finish after 6 hours).
And it's working (although I did not really played thus can't be 100% sure. But my saved game can be loaded and ufopaedia is showing)

After adding in the the HD images and new executables (2.86 GB total size) and I'm able to zip it in 3 minutes.

Maybe rar is badly optimized by peazip and 7z.

Possible to not use rar?

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: July 12, 2024, 01:30:12 pm »
Piratez unpack (and copy in general) for about an hour on my computer too. The file is not corrupted, it is just large.
Or more precisely, it contains a large amount of tiny files. 536 MB in 20 913 files, averaging 25.6 kB per file. That takes a lot of time to copy on a HDD.

Edit:
And 331MB, 85 files of that is sounds. So the rest is 205 MB in 20 828 files, making non-sound files have the average size 9.8kB.

I'm using window 11. What about you? Also although they says that win 11 supports rar, however, extract all does not work for the file. And had to use peazip or 7z