Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1667271 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4530 on: August 04, 2024, 03:02:52 pm »
So far I cannot find or replicate the bug. Do you remember on what kind of texture the Ninja Raid mission spawned?

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: August 04, 2024, 03:09:15 pm »
Well... here you go, just realised that depending on angle it can look like it is in water or on arctic terrain.
Changed the mission marker location manualy to a lilttle bit to north and it prevented the crash.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 03:19:35 pm by Kharim »

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: August 04, 2024, 09:12:06 pm »
I can't send the Firefox on a aircar race mission. That should be possible, since it's a craft that run on dollaros nekomimi nuclear batteries, and not on hellerium.

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: August 05, 2024, 04:40:09 pm »
It's not about fuel type. It's a "car" race, not "interplanetary dropship" race.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: August 12, 2024, 08:15:10 pm »
Manufacturing T.030 Rockets-EMP (STR_HWP_ROCKETS_3_EMP) is too profitable.
This still hasn't been fixed.

AVENGER (S) and AVENGER (S-SRL) description says it has 66 shields. But the actual value is only 2.

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: August 13, 2024, 12:29:03 am »
It's not about fuel type. It's a "car" race, not "interplanetary dropship" race.
But the scorpion, which is faster than the Firefox and look like a flying murder machine is fine...

Anyway, I scrapped that Firefox after paying twice it's price in fuel in one month, and now I have a Prowler cannon in my inventory.
Since it's a built-in weapon of the Firefox, not available through other means, it's feel like an oversight.

Offline Ahlundra

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: August 13, 2024, 08:59:57 am »
i'm trying this mod for the first time, running the terror from the deep from gog, did just as the mod said, unziped the mod and copied all the files inside the original folder to the UFO folder inside piratez mod folder

clean install, nothing extra. I keep getting some database error
from what i've seem in the log, it's trying to find some files that doesn't exist in my game folder

checking the folder the closest file to the ones the mod is asking for is called Sample.cat, not Sample2.cat...
I made a copy of the file and named it Sample2.cat and left both in the folder, seems to be working just fine... for now...

so, i'm leaving this post here if someone else has this problem and to check if anyone knows the right solution to the problem and if what I did can give me trouble later lol

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4537 on: August 13, 2024, 10:33:28 am »
You can't run Piratez on Terror from the Deep. It's a mod for UFO: Enemy Unknown (the fist game) and it utilizes some of its resources.

Offline Ahlundra

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: August 14, 2024, 04:18:35 am »
You can't run Piratez on Terror from the Deep. It's a mod for UFO: Enemy Unknown (the fist game) and it utilizes some of its resources.

Oh, that explains it them, tought terror from the deep was a better version with base game and some kind of expansion included lmao
I'm gonna check out enemy unknown, GoG probably have that one too, thanks for the clarification.

btw the game seems to be working fine after I changed the file name, didn't throw any error yet but the menu graphics does seem to be somewhat strange, dunno if it's because it is a DOS game or if it's because i'm using the wrong game, I wonder how that is even working lol

gonna try with the first game and see how it turns out

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4539 on: August 14, 2024, 10:12:58 am »
btw the game seems to be working fine after I changed the file name, didn't throw any error yet but the menu graphics does seem to be somewhat strange, dunno if it's because it is a DOS game or if it's because i'm using the wrong game, I wonder how that is even working lol

TFTD uses a different palette, so no wonder the graphics look strange.

What is a wonder is that the mod runs at all... XD I don't recommend testing it further, though.

Offline exilim03

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: August 17, 2024, 01:21:33 pm »
I wanted to replace the picture in UFOpedia in version 9.0.1 from the old version 7.0.1. After replacing the picture, in the game when opening an article with a changed picture, a white background appears and the cursor turns into a dot. What could be the problem?

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: August 17, 2024, 05:03:08 pm »
Last time i saw somebody having a related problem (background becoming a different color) it turned out they were using an image with a filename ending on "_cpal" where the first color in the pallet (index 0) corresponded to the background color.
Perhaps that is the case here.

As for the "cursor becomes dot".
I've only seen that problem from a linux user trying to trick it's system to think it had SDL1.2 by manually creating symlinks to the SDL2.0 binaries (which is not the recommend way for one to solve missing library problems).
Given you description that it only happens on articles with replaced images I'd doubt that is the case here though.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: August 17, 2024, 07:21:41 pm »
Could you post this image you try override? If I would guess both problems could be caused by palettes as R1dO said (cursor are forced to use same palette as image).

Offline exilim03

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: August 17, 2024, 08:53:14 pm »
Could you post this image you try override? If I would guess both problems could be caused by palettes as R1dO said (cursor are forced to use same palette as image).

Here are the images of the current version and the old version. In the old version the image name is "XX72", in the new version "AI_Swimsuits_CPAL". I renamed the old image and replaced it in the folder instead of the current image.

UPD:
Last time i saw somebody having a related problem (background becoming a different color) it turned out they were using an image with a filename ending on "_cpal" where the first color in the pallet (index 0) corresponded to the background color.
Perhaps that is the case here.

Thanks, it helped. In the ruleset in Piratez_Resources.rul and Piratez.rul files, I changed the line BIG_SWIMSUITS_CPAL to BIG_SWIMSUITS and everything became fine.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 09:06:52 pm by exilim03 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4544 on: August 21, 2024, 05:00:37 pm »
This still hasn't been fixed.

AVENGER (S) and AVENGER (S-SRL) description says it has 66 shields. But the actual value is only 2.

Thanks, I missed these EMPs. But you're wrong about Avenger. The armor itself has 2 shields, only to create the glow effect. The actual 66 is on the physical shield item.