aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1662347 times)

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4545 on: August 25, 2024, 10:32:32 pm »
The actual 66 is on the physical shield item.
As, I missed that. That explains it, thanks.

Next:
Items that regenerate stats (morale, energy, etc) per turn, regenerate twice as much as written in description. For instance, Demon Skull description says it regenerates 2 energy and -2 morale per turn, but every turn you'll actually regenerate 4 energy and lose 4 morale. That's because you regenerate once on your half-turn, and once on enemy's half-turn. If this is intended, then description of such items should be corrected.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 05:15:07 pm by Delian »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: August 28, 2024, 10:11:46 am »
hello, 0.99N9.5.6 here, i've recovered a couple of flechette guns but seems i cannot research these, but seems there are no particular prerequirements needed, please could you double check? Here i have a save

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: August 28, 2024, 11:08:07 am »
It's stated on the screenshot. To research these you need the "Unlocking Stellar Empire Weapons" tech.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: August 28, 2024, 03:44:46 pm »
It's stated on the screenshot. To research these you need the "Unlocking Stellar Empire Weapons" tech.

oops my bad, sorry..

but as of 099N9.5.6 assault and auto rifle are nearly identical...it's not really a bug but some more differences would make more sense, for instance the auto one lack of the stock, so that might justify it to be more lightweight, should be  7 instead of 8, and a bit less accurate in the firing. see screenies attached

offtopic note: i really liked the old auto rifle sprite..i hope maybe someday we will see it again as an early black market weapon..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 05:35:17 pm by ontherun »

Offline eharper256

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: August 28, 2024, 06:52:46 pm »
Curious issue I spotted yesterday: I had 2 Mad Scribblings that were unused for a while since I had a bad habit of selling Consumer goods in the post mission screen without remembering them (lol). Finally remembered to not do that, so queued those up in Workshop. Looking at the work report, it gave me a Loli Chainsaw and Irradiator.

Was quite happy with this after looking them up on the wiki, as I was training a silly melee Gnome as a meme build with N9000; went to immediately equip this in Hands > Inventory, did that with the chainsaw. But then, I clicked through my inventory over and over, thinking, Where Is this Irradiator? Looked up the image on wiki to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Most bizarrely, going to the Fence Goods/Shipping screen, it is there. I decided to ship it to my 2nd base in case that resolved it, but nope, same issue at that base, it is there, but never equippable. I did also double check to see if someone had randomly picked it up for use, but nope. It is also not researchable, though that's understandable as I'm far off the prerequisites.

Out of interest, I went back to the Auto-Geoscape save which was still just after that mission, tried queueing the 2 Mad Scribbles again. Gave a different result of Militarised Raygun and Kruger; and again, Militarised Raygun was not in the inventory equip screen, just like Irradiator, so it seems re-produce-able.

I also then backed up my save, and used Notepad++ to quickly grab the STR_IRRADIATOR from my second base into my first and change the quantity to 2. Still no luck. Sold one of the two. Still nothing. Really weird, seems to have almost completely prevented me from seeing them ever again (lol).

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: August 28, 2024, 09:27:07 pm »
Are you surprised that Mad Scribblings can give you items that you can neither use (because of tech prerequisites), nor research (due to further prerequisites)? That's not a bug tho.

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: August 29, 2024, 12:49:43 am »
Curious issue I spotted yesterday: I had 2 Mad Scribblings that were unused for a while since I had a bad habit of selling Consumer goods in the post mission screen without remembering them (lol). Finally remembered to not do that, so queued those up in Workshop. Looking at the work report, it gave me a Loli Chainsaw and Irradiator.

Was quite happy with this after looking them up on the wiki, as I was training a silly melee Gnome as a meme build with N9000; went to immediately equip this in Hands > Inventory, did that with the chainsaw. But then, I clicked through my inventory over and over, thinking, Where Is this Irradiator? Looked up the image on wiki to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Most bizarrely, going to the Fence Goods/Shipping screen, it is there. I decided to ship it to my 2nd base in case that resolved it, but nope, same issue at that base, it is there, but never equippable. I did also double check to see if someone had randomly picked it up for use, but nope. It is also not researchable, though that's understandable as I'm far off the prerequisites.

Out of interest, I went back to the Auto-Geoscape save which was still just after that mission, tried queueing the 2 Mad Scribbles again. Gave a different result of Militarised Raygun and Kruger; and again, Militarised Raygun was not in the inventory equip screen, just like Irradiator, so it seems re-produce-able.

I also then backed up my save, and used Notepad++ to quickly grab the STR_IRRADIATOR from my second base into my first and change the quantity to 2. Still no luck. Sold one of the two. Still nothing. Really weird, seems to have almost completely prevented me from seeing them ever again (lol).

You can't use advanced weapons and items before researching them.

Offline eharper256

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: August 29, 2024, 10:06:04 am »
You can't use advanced weapons and items before researching them.
Oh I see. Had no idea, first playthrough, and all the other guns I've found (including Lasers) haven't needed that, so assumed otherwise. My memory of original X-COM is a little dim from my last OpenXCOM play a decade ago, can't recall if you needed that for Plasma. Apologies then; here's me thinking I'm helpful lol. ;D

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: August 29, 2024, 01:56:38 pm »
Exactly. Laser weapons are the highest tier you are allowed to use without research. And that is not even all of it. You can still research gauss and plasma weapons and won't be able to use them anyway because of "biocode" thing.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: September 04, 2024, 04:39:16 pm »
0.99N9.5.6 bootypedia descripion says tha pest control managers wear flying suits but i never saw there do so, plase might someone confirm that i am wrong ro double check? Thanks!

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: September 04, 2024, 06:18:12 pm »
You mean, you never saw them fly, or sprites does not look like they wear flying harness? Because they do fly.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: September 04, 2024, 07:22:34 pm »
You mean, you never saw them fly, or sprites does not look like they wear flying harness? Because they do fly.

I meant i never saw them fly; but if there is  wrong from my end please.ignore my previous post. On to the next! :)

Offline deltarno

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: September 13, 2024, 06:31:15 pm »
Got a strange one.  Just started up a new 7.7 game, and while I'm only a month in, every ufo contact I get is giving me full information like I have a hyperwave decoder.  I doubt this is intentional, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: September 13, 2024, 07:18:15 pm »
Someone didn't read the patch notes.