Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3666831 times)

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - Under A Killing Moon
« Reply #4935 on: September 29, 2017, 12:47:03 pm »
I was thinking a lot... How about some simple indicator that will show, will you loose score if don`t go on this particular mission or not? (in descripton window for mission or crash site)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: September 29, 2017, 02:29:34 pm »
Every pink-dot mission unvisited will cause a slight loss of points. The reason is: The gals question your leadership why you've skipped this opportunity for booty and glory.
Skipped pogroms do massive score penalties. This will not occure if you haven't researched "mutant alliance" tho.

Every mission started by one of the major factions (guild, academy, church and SGs) cause various penalties in score if those missions are not stopped.

The amount of lost points caused by missions of the 4 factions is mostly equalized by your battlescape performance (all the pink-dot missions) and research.
Fast research progression can net more income using the infamy-bonus than most workshops could produce with alcohol or other money-making products.

Unless you do no missions and no research in a month, your score shouldn't drop too harsh.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: September 29, 2017, 05:46:43 pm »
Is it meant to be that all facility-shuffling now costs 99.000 $ ?

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: September 30, 2017, 10:49:23 am »
Every pink-dot mission unvisited will cause a slight loss of points. The reason is: The gals question your leadership why you've skipped this opportunity for booty and glory.
Skipped pogroms do massive score penalties. This will not occure if you haven't researched "mutant alliance" tho.

Every mission started by one of the major factions (guild, academy, church and SGs) cause various penalties in score if those missions are not stopped.

The amount of lost points caused by missions of the 4 factions is mostly equalized by your battlescape performance (all the pink-dot missions) and research.
Fast research progression can net more income using the infamy-bonus than most workshops could produce with alcohol or other money-making products.

Unless you do no missions and no research in a month, your score shouldn't drop too harsh.

Understood. But for new players it is not obvious.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: September 30, 2017, 11:52:43 am »
This mod is not designed for beginners and instead for hardcore-xcom ufo veterans.
Even superhuman terror-from-the-deep players will find a true challenge (but not as frustrating)

Give it 2 or 3 testruns, you'll ease into it^^

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: September 30, 2017, 12:18:03 pm »
Quote from: Ethereal_Medic
Every pink-dot mission unvisited will cause a slight loss of points.
Incorrect. Only some missions give a score penalty on ignoring. AFAIK those are post-mutant alliance pogroms, loknarrs and ES missions. The others - bounty hunts, trophies, mansions, underwater adventures and so on, do not give any penalty when not completed. Unless that changed in the newest version, as I haven't tried it yet.

On the other hand pogroms and ES missions include a hint of consequences in their mission texts. Perhaps loknarrs should also have such a hint.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: September 30, 2017, 02:35:16 pm »
Thanks for correcting. It's really rough to see which missions do cause point-drops but overall what we have here is a much smoother and fair gameplay if we compare it to those 60$ titles like x-com2 and WotC. A gameplay so cut down and punishing that you HAVE TO WIN your first 4 missions without casualties and injuries to snowball quickly.
While WotC is without doubt much easier compared to the vanilla game the fact how feast and famine this game is makes me hate it and everyone protecting it.

Yes X-PirateZ gave me alot of pain in the past and I summoned the creators anger upon me several times but I've learned my lesson to dig deeper into the strategic nature of the game and use more tools to weather the storm. I rather play a full campaign of this mod than 1 hour of those new "wanna-be" xcom titles.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: October 01, 2017, 12:55:19 am »
I rather play a full campaign of this mod than 1 hour of those new "wanna-be" xcom titles.

Indeed. They dont even have random map generators in the new xcom games. And while it can cause some issues occasionally, like having to pickaxe your way into the catacombs, usually there are tools available to deal with it rather early in the game.

Its kinda unusual how much capability you're given, yet at the same time, it really does not break the game balance. Even given how much damage-dealing stuff is an important part of vanilla game, sometimes its a really bad thing to do too much damage to your enemies. There's quite abit of context-based usefulness rather than linear benefits (heck, some shotguns are far more useful than a Heavy Plasma and even do more damage than it, just depends on what you're using it on).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: October 01, 2017, 12:59:28 am »
Also screw random-class systems if you can assign every role yourself and play the odds with the given roster.
All gals have the potencial to get jack-of-all-trades in the long run something the new games don't offer with the mainstreamed "you rolled gunner, here have a maschinegun AND a grenade launcher" while most other classes stick with pee shooters and the sniper is the only class allowed to use pistols (like what? why?)

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: October 09, 2017, 09:49:02 am »
Any other mods that pair well with the latest X-Piratez?

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: October 09, 2017, 02:30:29 pm »
I am unable to capture a live Strix Zombie.

-Mind and Charm dmg have no effect
-Daze and Chocking dmg apply stun, but you still end up with a corpse
-Electric aplies stun dmg, but leads to explosive death
-Voodoo capture at least has very low odds, with their 114 Vodoo strength

Any tips?

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: October 09, 2017, 10:46:22 pm »
I am unable to capture a live Strix Zombie.

-Mind and Charm dmg have no effect
-Daze and Chocking dmg apply stun, but you still end up with a corpse
-Electric aplies stun dmg, but leads to explosive death
-Voodoo capture at least has very low odds, with their 114 Vodoo strength

Any tips?

As with others - deal stun damage with your stun weapon of choice to just below the HP value (mind probe helps to find the exact dosage), then do a little HP damage with your little-damage-dealing-weapon-of-choice so that HP drops just a bit below the current stun.

Alternatively, unload into them with weapons that have shock x2 or shock x3 in their descriptions, I did not test it but assume you will get one stunned eventually with low damage rolls.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:51:13 pm by Mechanique »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: October 10, 2017, 12:36:40 am »
I think they just die, they are a nightmare to fight even if you're not trying to capture, at least.  Also the other zombies you're far more likely to knock out just through fighting, Strix aren't like that.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: October 10, 2017, 02:23:52 am »
I had to fight one in early January with only the starting equipment once.

The Strix started in range of the Airbus doors - with a clear line of sight no less.

Right S.O.B. Charlie Foxtrot that was.

(If you don't know what that is - look it up in the Urban Dictionary online)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:25:53 am by Roxis231 »