Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3668349 times)

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H - 31 Aug - Long Live The Queen
« Reply #4920 on: September 12, 2017, 07:06:37 pm »
(paraphrased) ...is it possible to mod the mod to remove all the images I do not like  from ufopaedia?

Yes, for one reason or another we do not like some of the pictures and want alternate images

This goes basically for any mod that has extra sprites / pictures or whatever.
its EASY PEASY if you are just replacing, forget about .rul editing.

the short of it is just REPLACE the graphics by direct overwrite with YOUR altered files.

Longer explanation:

If you want a direct replacement of some of the graphics/pictures, locate where they are at,
on most mods just find  the particular file usually in  .png, .gif. format somewhere usually in the resource folder or maybe subdivided further resources/ufopedia ;

the point is find those picture(s) and note location.

One you've done that, open it up in an image editor to verify size etc, then do a "save as" into a DIFFERENT folder you want to edit from.  Or you can just copy over the files you want to change.

Save as THE SAME EXACT NAME as the original file.

Three things to keep in mind
--the NAME and FILETYPE cannot change from the original
--the PIXEL DIMENSIONS cannot change from the original
--If there is an area designated for text, usually a blank, black area where the illustration does not continue, try to keep the modified graphic in that orientation, else-wise the mod's text may become unreadable against the background illustration.

Once you edited the files, keep them in your edit folder, but drag a copy of them into the  mod folder where the mod's originals are  and OVERWRITE.

When you run the game, because your modified files are exact name, format and size of the originals, your modified graphics will appear instead.

(keep track and place in bank vault this 'edit folder" where your altered files are at because you will need to copy them when/if the mod updates)

If the mod should update, install, as usual,
Check the mod's picture/graphic folder to  see what changes there  are and how they differ from the earlier version.
--if no or minimal changes, not just drag a copy of your modified files into the mod's graphic /picture folder and OVERWRITE.
--if there are changes, you may have to edit your modified picture files or the mod's graphic  files in some way  to accommodate the mod update to reflect the changes you want.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:11:38 pm by SteamXCOM »

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H - 31 Aug - Long Live The Queen
« Reply #4921 on: September 14, 2017, 11:27:24 pm »
Just got my first two Harbingers. Equiiped them with Fatty's, prepared to wipe away this terminator assohels and... oops. They are not space-worthy! But bootypedia article says they are! Even EVA version is described, althrough i cannot equip it.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H - 31 Aug - Long Live The Queen
« Reply #4922 on: September 15, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »
All G-O missions are restricted to those armors you can read in the bootypedia. Those articles are listed as "Armorname O-G"
The harbinger can be used on Cydonia tho because Mars has gravity (while space missions don't)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - Under A Killing Moon
« Reply #4923 on: September 15, 2017, 07:45:50 pm »
New version released. Enjoy!

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: September 16, 2017, 03:29:55 am »
Great!! I do really need two or three weeks without projects in the work so I can play!.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: September 16, 2017, 03:34:31 pm »
A really lovely improvement~

Can anyone confirm the value of Lokk'Nar recruits?
Do they work as agile infiltration units and assassin backstapper?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - Under A Killing Moon
« Reply #4926 on: September 16, 2017, 09:00:49 pm »
I feel about them as cheap and good replacement for just recruted gals thanks to nice starting stats. Good archers, but can't carry much and the best field for them to fight is open space at night, where that camo mean something. Otherwise, they are not worth space they occupy. Less amount of AP mean not as agile as uber, less strenght so javelins is almost useless. If trained in middle game they are great snipers and accurate granade throwers.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: September 18, 2017, 11:20:39 am »
Hi All - My Alt. Armour Mod has just been updated for 0.99H1

If anyone finds any problems - please let me know, the last 2 updates have been missing several images because no one reported it.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: September 20, 2017, 10:12:13 pm »
A really lovely improvement~

Can anyone confirm the value of Lokk'Nar recruits?
Do they work as agile infiltration units and assassin backstapper?

They work fine as early game bow-things (because higher starting stats than hands) and expendables if you have the free slots in craft when your gals are injured (cheap even in early game). Mid game they work fine as night-time scouts in nightblade outfit (stealthed at 5+ tiles, and poison dagger) and decent stealthy snipers even at day time (longcoat + Euro markslaser and they can do laser potshots across the map as good as trained gal would) but are very squishy compared to gals with armor and thus outclassed. But, I guess, if night mission are your thing they are pretty good at it.

I also noticed that while they have lower than usual voodoo power, the voodoo skill increases past the gal's caps. I had a limited pool of just 2 surviving until voodoo school was built, but both afeter few month in training have 55-ish voodoo skill, having 30-40 power. So, while they can potentially be useful as voodoo-bullet/gun shooters or rod/impaler-users, I have no information on how high do they cap and how does that compare to castaways that are plentiful.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: September 22, 2017, 12:06:13 pm »
Thx for the feedback  8)
I'll give those midgets a try.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: September 23, 2017, 05:50:40 am »
Had an encounter for the first time with the Heavy Freighter this afternoon... that big blue monster. I was going after some ship I shot down, then a wild Heavy Freighter appeared and I just had to take it on, I just had to bite off more than I could chew.

It was greed, pure and simple.
We thought it would be a big, fat and juicy slab of meat.

(light loadout, smart pistols and kustom handcannons, no heavy melee just shock'a'fist, some hellerium grenades in case I had a problem... no spare cannons or anything laying around... 6 gals only, 4 in chromeback and 2 in hover... it was in that really crappy tundra mapset thats so hard to walk around in)

But... like the Joker said...
Im like a dog chasing freighters, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.
And I caught one. And kinda didn't know what to do with it.

Marsec goons practically flooding down the halls in formation.

And those 3 tanks... man...
Not only did I have to tiptoe around the ship to get in the hole the overloaded engine blew in it... the guild crew were starting to wake up by the time I was finishing up with those things. Im just thankful the Boom Gun I found from a marsec guy was able to blow the hind end off of one of them (and im glad I can still use it unresearched).

I really, really love this Heavy Freighter. It totally caught me off guard, I thought it would just be like a normal one "but bigger", but noooo it was like a battleship just without the big guns on it.

(no dead gals but I think 4 are wounded, the ventura is under repairs for 2 days from the ship combat)

Im just glad I didn't send the Scarab after it from the auxiliary base with its meager crew of 3 semi-experienced gals...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:02:16 am by RSSwizard »

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: September 25, 2017, 06:50:07 pm »
I went looking for a Heavy Freighter over the weekend.  I needed the flight plan.  I built ships.  I built Avalanches.  I took it down with little difficulty.  And then I landed.  I thought my collection of mini nukes would be a good idea for clearing the ground.  And then the first enemy I see is the Guild rep, already bleeding from an engine explosion.  Suddenly I had to have a gal start tossing heavy lasers and more standard arms to everyone around the Pachyderm so my precious plans weren't lost in a sea of nuclear fire.  I finally managed to get the tanks whittled down and the power armor guards dropped and make my way inside.  Almost everything was panicking after the Rep bled out.  I thought it was just a cleanup job at that point.  And then the last tank descends from a higher floor and kills a previously injured girl in one shot.  I manage to destroy it with some desperate heavy laser fire and a well placed grenade.  The rest of the crew surrendered and I walked away with my precious flight plans.  And many destroyed tank husks.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: September 25, 2017, 11:38:46 pm »
Almost everything was panicking after the Rep bled out.  I thought it was just a cleanup job at that point.

Yeah they were panicking because their careers were fk-in over and their gooses were cooked. Their guild rep dies on their watch - their big boss, just imagine how humiliating that is. Even the G.O.s will be raked over the coals "for not doing enough". The bodyguards will be lucky to wear loincloths after this is over, let alone their power armor.

Oh and uhh... there's pirates outside and surrendering is almost as bad as what the guild is gonna do to em all.

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: September 26, 2017, 05:26:11 am »
I would have happily healed the Rep for them so they could avoid letting her die on their watch.  Unfortunately a dude in power armor and a tank decided it was a better idea to stand over her body and prevent me from saving their poor, unconscious boss.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - UnJust der A Killing Moon
« Reply #4934 on: September 27, 2017, 12:08:45 am »
Just gave Jack $3,500,000 to gain his Favors.

He stopped giving me missions to go on for him so he wasn't giving me a way to prove myself (even more). I guess he was really just wanting a big payoff.

(needed it to get wang's emporium, figured id get more missions from jack to get the tokens but they stopped showing up)