Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609481 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H - 31 Aug - Long Live The Queen
« Reply #4890 on: August 31, 2017, 07:37:20 pm »
Yay, a new update! Thankfully, the previous version is still fully compatible, yet I spotted some weird changes while testing my save with this update: As in, some of the "unread articles" from the Bootypedia appeared in Yellow, but after a while it automatically swapped to the new red color it uses (and sometimes blue, I dunno what determines it). I also noticed that the colors of the 'pedia articles seem more... Bright? Is that the effect of the experimental palette thing?

It's a bug, color is not defined in the mod and set/used randomly each time you open the screen.
Will be fixed in the next version, or you can hotfix like this (in Piratez.rul):

Code: [Select]
  - type: ufopaedia
    elements:
      - id: palette
        color: 7
      - id: window
        color: 138
      - id: text
        color: 89
        color2: 80 # <----- move this line 2 lines below
      - id: list
        color: 133
# <---- move it here
        border: 239
      - id: button1
      - id: button2

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: August 31, 2017, 11:29:17 pm »
Is there much change to the early game? I've barely gotten workshop and I'm wondering if I should start over or attempt to transfer my save?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4892 on: August 31, 2017, 11:49:56 pm »
Not much other than making early outfits more appealing.  The ability to kit out in Adventurer or Scout or Tribal then still fight in cold climates without spending time in sickbay, smooths out a lot of the hassle of early missions.

Offline Mammothus

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: September 01, 2017, 11:49:46 am »
Looking forward to the new update and thanks for your efforts! I just noticed that when I install the 0.99H version downloaded by the link, the title screen shows it still as the 0.99G6. It also mentions compatibility with the 27.08.2017 Openxcom version, which is slightly different than what's listed in the release notes. Are these just superficial typos, or is the version actuallly different?

Edit: Sorry, forget this, it's already be mentioned by other channels. :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:33:29 pm by Mammothus »

Offline Carfax

• Sergeant
  • Question your own beliefs once a year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: September 01, 2017, 12:00:47 pm »
maybee im just blind, but i can´t find the option to track craft through their flightpath anymore. I assume it is connected to the update of the .exe to the new version?
happy swashbuckling everybody
Carfax

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: September 01, 2017, 12:13:24 pm »
maybee im just blind, but i can´t find the option to track craft through their flightpath anymore. I assume it is connected to the update of the .exe to the new version?
happy swashbuckling everybody
Carfax

Hi, yes, that option was removed completely... it was buggy and extremely slow.

Offline Carfax

• Sergeant
  • Question your own beliefs once a year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: September 01, 2017, 12:31:22 pm »
wow very fast reply. thx meridian

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G5 - 23 Jul - Summer Storm Edition
« Reply #4897 on: September 01, 2017, 04:18:15 pm »
Im on the Lokk'Narr Farm bounty hunting map, and its absolutely adorable. I love whats been done with the introduction of this bounty hunting system.

Ot is a bit too easy to be honest. One cheap barrel bomb is nough to raze the whole structure.

Anyway, I started a new campaign and had a sreak of five smuggler ships landing righ next to my base (first one was very difficult with just sabres and old carbines, the next ones less so thanks to stolen guns). Is this normal? The smuggler ship used to be pretty rare.

Also, is it possible to capture live strix zombie?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: September 01, 2017, 09:27:33 pm »
It might be a little pervy, but I think that the basic information on normal humans should have nude or nearly nude people, preferably both male and female, as the image, with a separate page for normal human clothing, which is what makes them so flammable.  Mostly it just seems in character for the Lunatics.

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: September 02, 2017, 04:26:45 am »
Is there any specific requirements to make 50mm Cannons? I have the cannon parts, I have the research, and I can break down the magazines in the workshop tab, but I can't seem to make the weapons themselves. I do not yet have a proper workshop unlocked/constructed.  :(

Nevermind, I just found the "Light Craft Weapons" research >.<
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:32:00 am by JDCollie »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4900 on: September 02, 2017, 10:41:41 am »
It might be a little pervy, but I think that the basic information on normal humans should have nude or nearly nude people, preferably both male and female, as the image, with a separate page for normal human clothing, which is what makes them so flammable.  Mostly it just seems in character for the Lunatics.

:)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: September 03, 2017, 12:45:10 am »
I think it would be extremely worrying if they had access to that.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G5 - 23 Jul - Summer Storm Edition
« Reply #4902 on: September 03, 2017, 01:04:17 am »
Ot is a bit too easy to be honest. One cheap barrel bomb is nough to raze the whole structure.

I was using assault cannons with explosive and incendiary rounds. Kinda forgot a single bomb would do it (a couple satchel charges would, dont even need to wheel a heavy barrel bomb). I eventually upgraded to lobbing grenades and mortars at it too. Was usually able to blow away most of the structure regardless, after doing a run through before reloading to find where it is on the map.

It might be an easy map but its fun and changes things up. Also I have been shot and wounded by the lokknarr farmer, before I reloaded, and since you cant fire back it does need some tiptoeing (I wanna stun him - there are usually 2 farmers so I dont think it would end the mission).

Is there much change to the early game?

Over the versions ive noticed the Charger Laser has continuously, over time, become more and more restricted or weakened. So pretty much Diox decided that the charger laser was a mistake and probably wished it wasn't in the game at all. Used to be you started with one.

It doesn't matter honestly, you usually pick up alot of ammo (25 or 50mm) from tracking down landed craft. I haven't run into reticulans at all in this playthrough but the RPC was almost as good as the charger laser (and makes airballs, spike rockets, gobilin rockets all irrelevant because of their poor accuracy and expense).

Speaking of which I have had at least 3 Shrine Ship maps and they keep landing in the same place in siberia, so i will probably find more (pretty tough for the point im at). But thats alot of points im getting.

> meanwhile I still haven't racked up enough medical supplies somehow to build a sickbay, first year is almost finished but i only have like 5 medical supplies items

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: September 03, 2017, 01:16:20 am »
It just occurred to me that among all the strangely named places, you can see Singapore.  Apparently the city's legendary capacity to endure worked here.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: September 03, 2017, 09:16:47 pm »
It just occurred to me that among all the strangely named places, you can see Singapore.  Apparently the city's legendary capacity to endure worked here.
Jerusalem too, somehow nobody managed to nuke that place in the midst of everything.