Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3664799 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G5 - 23 Jul - Summer Storm Edition
« Reply #4875 on: August 23, 2017, 06:34:38 pm »
These new ones literally sound like end-of-level or bonus-stage music from consoles, the kind of which you'd only hear for like 30 seconds as your points were tallied up.

I enjoy that music. Sometimes, I save and reload at the star of a mission just to get it to play.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: August 24, 2017, 11:34:58 pm »
I've heard that the newest version is sort of available, any ETA on an official release?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4877 on: August 25, 2017, 02:40:46 am »
Almost done, just getting constant delays...

Offline Spess Mahren

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: August 27, 2017, 10:24:57 pm »
I noticed xcom files finally was able change melee enemies behavior so they would disregard danger. Will the next Xpiratez release also have this? I remember it being a problem that moders couldn't address until someone addressed AI in OXCE+ I think.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4879 on: August 28, 2017, 01:51:34 am »
Yeah it will be added to Piratez as well.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: August 30, 2017, 06:49:13 pm »
Just got to play the Bounty Hunting mission "Escape Tower". The way the bounty hunting has been implemented in the game almost gives it an entirely new dimension, its great.

The reason im posting, not sure if this is a bug, but at the top of the escape tower is the ship they're trying to get away in. However the doors are locked (as in, its a tile that is not set to open as a door). So there's no way to get in there really.

I figured explosives might be the solution but I didn't have access to anything heavy duty so I just blew up the fuel barrels, and as expected it didn't do anything to the ship above. I reloaded the map to see if there were any enemies on the ground in the surrounding area but there wasn't (checked the save file, sure enough their coordinates are all up in the ship).

Only thing I can think of that might kill the occupants up there is if I wheeled a Barrel Bomb under the ship and set it off. But I don't have those yet (I think Panzerfaust is the highest damage thing ive got).

I thought that the green area under the ship might lead to a 2 stage mission to confront the occupants, so I sat there for the remaining turns (I could've evac'd) and let the mage try to MC my 'hands until the turnlimit was reached.

So im just reporting a possible oversight on that (the door tiles on the ship).

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: August 30, 2017, 06:52:10 pm »
Just got to play the Bounty Hunting mission "Escape Tower". The way the bounty hunting has been implemented in the game almost gives it an entirely new dimension, its great.

The reason im posting, not sure if this is a bug, but at the top of the escape tower is the ship they're trying to get away in. However the doors are locked (as in, its a tile that is not set to open as a door). So there's no way to get in there really.

I figured explosives might be the solution but I didn't have access to anything heavy duty so I just blew up the fuel barrels, and as expected it didn't do anything to the ship above. I reloaded the map to see if there were any enemies on the ground in the surrounding area but there wasn't (checked the save file, sure enough their coordinates are all up in the ship).

Only thing I can think of that might kill the occupants up there is if I wheeled a Barrel Bomb under the ship and set it off. But I don't have those yet (I think Panzerfaust is the highest damage thing ive got).

I thought that the green area under the ship might lead to a 2 stage mission to confront the occupants, so I sat there for the remaining turns (I could've evac'd) and let the mage try to MC my 'hands until the turnlimit was reached.

Well known that the doors are difficult to get through, bring bigger booms, or a strong gal with a pickaxe or a hammer.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: August 30, 2017, 07:23:36 pm »
Well known that the doors are difficult to get through, bring bigger booms, or a strong gal with a pickaxe or a hammer.
Ehh? Got it I guess. I suppose "holed up in their ship" is a clue that the ship is locked. Though normal convention is that trying to actually go through the side of a ship isn't a valid tactic. The ship looks like player ships so I was expecting them to be indestructible (tough/999).

Next time I get the mission ill have a Fusion Torch ready(I just remembered that I do have those). I didnt have any in stock though.

Im on the Lokk'Narr Farm bounty hunting map, and its absolutely adorable. I love whats been done with the introduction of this bounty hunting system.

Offline comrado

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: August 31, 2017, 02:39:12 am »
Hi guys. So I've heard about x piratez for some time, accidently found Meridians LP on youtube, and after watching a few episodes I decided to try it myself. And boy do this mod is awesome.

I have some questions:

1. If I don't do orbital missions do I risk blocking my research? I've picked RED CODEX so I don't have free space suits from GOLD CODEX, and for the love of god I can't find any way to research them.

2. I tried doing the orbital mission using rescue pods as armor, that has inbuild gun. Does this gun deal any damage to those T800 robots found on space station?

3. I've been doing some vessel research and not knowing anything I've researched the SWORDFISH craft. Did that locked me from other vessel research? Because I can remember having other vessel research options before I did SWORDFISH

4. While watching Meridians LP, I saw that he could move base facilities. How can I enable such feature, what is the hot key?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4884 on: August 31, 2017, 04:40:29 am »

Don't automatically assume I fuck up my riddles. :P

@Comrado

1. Yes and no, depends what part of research. In general no.
2. Unlikely
3. No. You're misremembering.
4. Ctrl+click

EDIT: New version up stealthily. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 05:58:03 am by Dioxine »

Offline comrado

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H - 31 Aug - Long Live The Queen
« Reply #4885 on: August 31, 2017, 05:29:10 pm »
Many thanks for quick reply Dioxine and even more thanks for this wonderful mod :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4886 on: August 31, 2017, 05:42:01 pm »
Also: Welcome, comrado!  Meridian's LP is excellent but the game has progresses alot since his run.  Starving Poet has an LP too, thats more fresh and has more of the early game changes if you are interested.  Cheers!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: August 31, 2017, 06:48:48 pm »
Yay, a new update! Thankfully, the previous version is still fully compatible, yet I spotted some weird changes while testing my save with this update: As in, some of the "unread articles" from the Bootypedia appeared in Yellow, but after a while it automatically swapped to the new red color it uses (and sometimes blue, I dunno what determines it). I also noticed that the colors of the 'pedia articles seem more... Bright? Is that the effect of the experimental palette thing?

I don't see why the Tribal outfit has to be bought now though, even with the minor upgrade it received it is an outfit that won't see much use past the 1st hour of the game or so (I have to say I like that "automated change" for the Adventurer/Scout/Ganger outfits).

I also lack the 9th Escaped Lunatic from my save, but I have more than enough Gals at the moment so it's not an issue. As for the new units, they seem like they will make formidable snipers and scouts, I still have to test them though.

By the way, what exactly has changed with the difficulty levels? I didn't notice any change after my quick test, I'm using the 3rd level for my campaign.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4888 on: August 31, 2017, 06:52:45 pm »
@HumanTraitor: 

What do you mean by:

(I have to say I like that "automated change" for the Adventurer/Scout/Ganger outfits).

I missed anything about that.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: August 31, 2017, 07:00:58 pm »
@HumanTraitor: 

What do you mean by:

I missed anything about that.

If a Gal is wearing either the Scout or the Adventurer outfit and you go into a mission with a Cold environmental effect, she'll automatically swap to the Ganger outfit if possible, which is a neat effect IMO. Similar case with the Tribal one.