Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3686189 times)

Offline Crazy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99F.4 - 18 Mar - Furious Fixes
« Reply #4260 on: March 21, 2017, 05:57:56 am »
It was possible to make more on Tranquilizer Clips. Charger Laser IS buyable now, you might be missing the tech.
Yeah, just upgraded to F.4, I can buy charger lasers now.

That moment when you have 20 Blaster Launchers and Dioxine recently rebalanced them so that they're actually useful again, so now you bring all 20 of them on any mission where you don't care about loot and you blaster bomb the enemy ufo on turn 1 to the point where there's nothing left of it except for some floating walls.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: March 21, 2017, 10:51:13 pm »
Hi everyone and thanks Dioxine for your awesome work

I've just a question : every time i try to capture a cyberdisk (with weapons like zappers or a stun baton) they explose without leaving any wrecked engine.

is there any possible to obtain a cyberdisk "corpse" ?

thanks in advance

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: March 21, 2017, 10:53:48 pm »
Fire, cutting and concussive damage types will not cause a cyberdisk explosion.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: March 21, 2017, 11:28:42 pm »
Great ! it works, thanks a lot

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: March 22, 2017, 01:39:39 am »
Fire, cutting and concussive damage types will not cause a cyberdisk explosion.

when exactly are blaster launchers, and cyberdisks encountered?

still in my first year but nearing the end of it, only real bad stuff ive run into are osirons/mutons carrying flechette guns

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: March 22, 2017, 01:44:41 am »
when exactly are blaster launchers, and cyberdisks encountered?

still in my first year but nearing the end of it, only real bad stuff ive run into are osirons/mutons carrying flechette guns

It depends which factions happen to be active in your game. They come and go (some more than others) and there's no guarantee you'll face them, or specific ships/enemies/equipment, at any particular time or region.  If you restart the game you might find that you don't even see the guys you're currently fighting.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: March 22, 2017, 01:56:22 am »
Cyberdisks are an Academy terror unit.

Blaster Launchers are the alien version of rocket launchers and as such are more powerful* and have the ability to set way points for the projectile. Usually only found on very large ships and rarely in base assaults and hideout defense missions.   

*Blaster launchers lose damage for distance traveled after a certain number of tiles so situationally worse at times.

Offline Crazy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: March 22, 2017, 03:19:48 am »
Does anybody know the mission or vessel that drops syns for you to research so that you can unlock them, or have they not been added into the game proper yet?

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: March 22, 2017, 04:32:37 am »
Does anybody know the mission or vessel that drops syns for you to research so that you can unlock them, or have they not been added into the game proper yet?

Spoiler:
Orbital missions: Abandoned space ship

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: March 22, 2017, 08:43:08 pm »
It depends which factions happen to be active in your game.

Cyberdisks are an Academy terror unit.

Blaster Launchers are the alien version of rocket launchers and as such are more powerful*

Yeah seems like im dealing with Spartans, Nazis/Humanists, Church, Raiders and Reticulans. Ive pretty much got the Academy under thumb, I hardly ever see any of their ships and they havent set up a single base yet.

I dont have much radar coverage but I dont see many huge ships either, alot of medium ones and im guessing those are either the reticulan ones with the chain lift or its a supply ship for the spartan base.

Havent got into orbital missions yet though, its on the list but ive got so much other stuff to research im not getting around to it.

Offline Alucious

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: March 22, 2017, 08:55:50 pm »
Julian Gollop is doing an AMA on reddit to promote Phoenix Point, and as part of it he says that he's played XPiratez. Congrats to Dioxine!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/60tn6x/i_am_the_designer_of_xcom_and_phoenix_point_ask/df9789d/

Offline Crazy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: March 22, 2017, 11:41:26 pm »
Yeah seems like im dealing with Spartans, Nazis/Humanists, Church, Raiders and Reticulans. Ive pretty much got the Academy under thumb, I hardly ever see any of their ships and they havent set up a single base yet.

I dont have much radar coverage but I dont see many huge ships either, alot of medium ones and im guessing those are either the reticulan ones with the chain lift or its a supply ship for the spartan base.

Havent got into orbital missions yet though, its on the list but ive got so much other stuff to research im not getting around to it.
Well, you should; some of the orbital missions give ridiculously good rewards, for example the refuelling station mission gives 300 Hellerium in loot, and you need some of the missions' loot since the missions are somewhat rare and there's so many different orbital missions that you're not guaranteed to get the ones you need for research.

Offline Thryllth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: March 23, 2017, 02:14:03 am »
Bit of a nitpick but when installing and setting up the latest build (.99F4 22 March 2017) the option to display all commendations is displayed as "Show all Condemnations" in the options menu.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #4273 on: March 23, 2017, 02:40:04 am »
...  is displayed as "Show all Condemnations" in the options menu.

But they are.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: March 23, 2017, 05:57:09 am »
I remember hearing that you could view enemies with a middle mouse click, but for me that drag scrolls the screen.  I don't see a relevant entry in the controls, so is there something else I'm missing?