Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3665264 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99F.1 - 13 Feb - Slave Wars
« Reply #4065 on: February 18, 2017, 04:29:17 pm »
What about color-blind people?

Yes, the existence color blindness is a perfectly valid reason why people who aren't color blind should be blinded as well. Honestly, I hope this was a joke.

Also, I never heard of color blindness that doesn't allow to differentiate between black and non-black. Maybe you can't tell if it's red, green or blue, but you will see the warning.

Offline perekrylo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: February 19, 2017, 06:11:06 pm »
This game cures cancer.
Only thing I disliked in latest update is the mansion timer. First time I completed one (in 3 hours IRL time on early tech) I felt like +1 int lol. Felt like some beloved dungeon crawling.
However timer's no big deal anyways.

Couple questions Dix

This being 0.99, how close is this release to completion? I mean, it was 0.99 few weeks back and now theres all these changes
What inspired the game setting? It feels heavy-metal-ish as hell, which is uber awesome, but I believe there's more.
Does weather affect enemy?

Once again, this game is diamonds. Thanx. <3

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4067 on: February 20, 2017, 12:49:20 am »
Thank you so much.

Answering your questions

1) It was 0.99 year ago as well... :) I guess it's still pretty long road ahead till I'm fully satisfied. Is it already satisfying to the player? Probably quite so :)
2) Inspirations are multiple. Heavy Metal was one of the most crucial ones, tho. Another one is B-movies in general. Third is classical sci-fi, from Lensman through Lexx to Master of Orion 2. Lots of it is original content, picked from various life experiences... also, East, in general.
3) Weather doesn't affect enemy. If it did, it'd be either too slight to notice, or debiliating to the AI... so I chose not to.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: February 21, 2017, 01:48:40 pm »
Give the werewolves in blood sacrifice missions some ranged weapons, dammit! Even bows and javelins woudl be fine!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4069 on: February 21, 2017, 04:13:24 pm »
Give the werewolves in blood sacrifice missions some ranged weapons, dammit! Even bows and javelins woudl be fine!

I can't remember if the Aggression fix is already in, but increasing Aggression should also be fine.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: February 21, 2017, 04:18:46 pm »
Added ability to fix user options.
They are greyed out and the user cannot change them.

Code: [Select]
fixedUserOptions:
#Crucial Options (the mod is crap without them):
  battleUFOExtenderAccuracy: true
  canSellLiveAliens: true
  battleExplosionHeight: 2
#Recommended (Play-as-intended) OpenXcom options:
  storageLimitsEnforced: true
  craftLaunchAlways: true
  canTransferCraftsWhileAirborne: true
  showMoreStatsInInventoryView: true
  strafe: true
  alienBleeding: true
#NOT recommended OpenXcom options:
  battleInstantGrenade: false
  weaponSelfDestruction: false

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: February 21, 2017, 04:22:02 pm »
This is probably going to take care of a third of bug reports and "ideas". ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4072 on: February 21, 2017, 08:08:50 pm »
But will create a shitstorm of its own. Thank you :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: February 21, 2017, 08:34:35 pm »
But will create a shitstorm of its own. Thank you :)

But now you can always respond with "Such is the will of Steins;Gate". :)

Offline KBGhost

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: February 22, 2017, 02:24:02 pm »
2) Inspirations are multiple. Heavy Metal was one of the most crucial ones, tho. Another one is B-movies in general. Third is classical sci-fi, from Lensman through Lexx to Master of Orion 2. Lots of it is original content, picked from various life experiences... also, East, in general.
Heavy Metal and Master of Orion, good taste  :D

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: February 22, 2017, 06:31:08 pm »
also, East, in general.

What kind of East? East of France? East of Germany? East of catholicism? East of chalcedonian christedom? East of Abrahamic faiths?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: February 22, 2017, 06:36:51 pm »
What kind of East? East of France? East of Germany? East of catholicism? East of chalcedonian christedom? East of Abrahamic faiths?

I think East End is a sensible possibility. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHhlHhWGUhw

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: February 24, 2017, 07:48:59 am »
I usually don't complain about perks, but does anyone feel like the current Personal Armor parts collected from the sea is a bit too much? I feel like 25-50 is a much more reasonable amount. Even though a player can make ammo from the parts, 1 part makes like 5 clips anyway.

Offline bluberd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: February 24, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »

Only thing I disliked in latest update is the mansion timer. [...]
Does weather affect enemy?

I am also not the fan of the latest changes - mansion timer/weather conditions(basically timer).
I do understand that you want to force the hit&run nature of mansion missions, but it could be implemented by arriving backup forces if you are not on time. Then you need to fight more and more enemies. etc.

Weather conditions are on the other hand horribly bad:
1. Do not influence enemies at all, so hey, not cool, I feel just cheated by the devs.
2. No clear indicator what sort of conditions you are going to face (I start to wonder if sub Sahara is already extreme or not? Is this yet a forest or a jungle?), so you can choose right armor.
3. Most of my gals fade away from cold/hot in 5-8th turn. I understand that translating turns into minutes might be hard, but I think it is safe to assume that first 5-10 minutes of extreme weather should not effect you much (at least heat/cold). Are we stronger than human?
4. So, I am getting cold inside my craft, no heating? On 10000m, standard cruising altitude, there is -60 celsius, but we got cold the second we touched the ground?
5. Is it cold on the desert during the night?
6. How is bottle of water/oxygen tank helping in the arctic exactly?
7. Why is it so hot in the jungle? I understand that it's humidity that gets you, but seriously, it is not that bad. At least it does not destroy you in first 15 minutes...
8. All in all it is adding timing to the missions. I like the flexibility of the old XCOM.

Realism aside, I know the original XCOM engine has its limitations, but I guess we are just going in bad direction.
I hated new XCOM/XCOM2 because of all those restrictions, old XCOM was so open, you could do so many things. New XCOM has limit to 4/6 operatives, in the old one, you could take 20, if none of them was good, they would be all killed by 3 mutons. New one has timing in missions to push you, has timing in overall game to push you into the rails etc. I really like the PirateZ cause you theoretically do not need to do the plot, or you can go in the pace you like.
Also the limited crew space in the ships. It was never an issue in the old XCOM, but I understand that you need to scale it for different time lines in Piratez.
But previously (.99C) in the beginning, when your operatives are untrained and weak you had Bonaventura with afair 14 crew. This helped to survive the mission - 10 gals shooting, one hits, profit. Now it is Airbus, 6 crew, terrible.
I understand that the mod is not finished yet and a lot of those ideas need refinement, but I do not like the direction, I think it is losing the original flavor, openness and creativity of the old XCOMs. I absolutely love the mod and appreciate the Devs work (I even donated money),  but I need to say this just because I like it and value it co much.

PS: I fully understand you may not agree with me, I just want to know how to disable the hot/cold effects (tried editing Piratez_Planet.rul but no luck).

Piotr
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:02:17 pm by bluberd »

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: February 24, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »
My main issue with weather is that the particularly unfit for cold gals end up having 0 stamina regeneration and become sitting ducks. Instead of it counterbalancing the stamina regen of gals in lighter outfits that boost it, even the ones in Metal Armor can end up with 0 stamina for the rest of the mission, removing from you ability to appropriately equip your gals against plasma/laser using enemies in cold regions. I could go for more stun/maybe even HP damage but less loss of stamina in cold.