aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610660 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99E - 8 Nov - Dawn of the Living Dead
« Reply #3510 on: November 10, 2016, 01:54:58 am »
Well, I know where my next start has to be, now.

:)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3511 on: November 10, 2016, 02:55:52 am »
First space boarding in XCOM - succesful!

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: November 10, 2016, 03:02:58 am »
Can Piratez into space?

That depends. On the geoscape, would that mean having a custom mission that merely tells you it's in space? If so, should space just be a mission with a different tileset, or should its purpose be inherently different than the other missions?

Or should space be an extension of the geoscape, where you could actually build a space station (somewhat like the game MAD: Global Thermonuclear Warfare)? If so, a space station should not merely be a hideout in space, but rather a smaller and more tactical base. As such, it should only be able to have unique modules (rooms) which would differ from the ones you build on earth (otherwise what's the point?). That's pretty ambitious though, and probably a huge undertaking that may not even be possible within the engine...

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play: XPiratez
« Reply #3513 on: November 10, 2016, 10:46:23 am »
Hi there.
Thanks for the great mod, I've been playing it for days now and I guess I am still in the first half of the game.
The research tree is so vast, it is incredible.
I also enjoyed one of the maps very much, the one with pipelines all over the place :)

Please use something other than mediafire for file upload. When I downloaded the latest version Mediafire popped up a Window containing a facebook fishing site, including fake facebook-like URL and everything. There must be a better hosting site out there.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: November 10, 2016, 03:30:34 pm »
First space boarding in XCOM - succesful!
i once pinged Warboy because i wanted to turn the geoscape into a space map and make space missions like this.
he shot me down saying i was insane (can't blame him though, it was really crazy).
glad to see i wasn't the only one! :P

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3515 on: November 10, 2016, 06:05:16 pm »
i once pinged Warboy because i wanted to turn the geoscape into a space map and make space missions like this.
he shot me down saying i was insane (can't blame him though, it was really crazy).
glad to see i wasn't the only one! :P

That was also the original idea for Piratez, but I retreated faced with the difficulty of remaking globe... Insane? WELL OF COURSE! Brofist!

OXCE+ functionality allowed to handle the issue with varied capacities of armors between enviros. The only thing that is really missing is parallax battlescape background, a top technology of the 1980s'... :) Also menu-activation of the mission, but that's minor. All in all tho, I'm happy with this new mission, it worked out.

Please use something other than mediafire for file upload. When I downloaded the latest version Mediafire popped up a Window containing a facebook fishing site, including fake facebook-like URL and everything. There must be a better hosting site out there.

I'm sorry, but so far only Media Fire has never failed me and it counts downloads, too (I guess the price are ads); Google drive starts to have issues when asked to handle such 'big' amounts of data. If you know other dependable upload site, I'll try it out.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: November 10, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »
I use Dropbox. It's much more convenient.

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: November 10, 2016, 07:04:49 pm »
Dropbox does not work well for large amounts of downloads (and 1k downloads of ~40 MB is a lot) unless you pay up.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3518 on: November 10, 2016, 07:14:03 pm »
It's now closer to 100 MB, actually (after music was included).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3519 on: November 10, 2016, 11:44:09 pm »
I never had any problems with Mediafire.

Is it possible that you're not using Adblock for some reason?

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: November 11, 2016, 12:06:38 am »
Maybe the black space tiles could be dotted white to give the appearance of stars in the background? Currently it's looking a bit bare
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:09:44 am by Foxhound634 »

Offline lancev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: November 11, 2016, 12:20:12 am »
Hi,

Im currently at the later stages of my campaign and was going to report my impressions at the end (in short: absolutely awesome mod), but after updating to 99E I was wondering one thing (possible SPOILER waring):

It seems that I can no longer research the different voodoo types (destruction, illusion,...) because they require the research of the codices. Since I already have my Bonny it is probably the easiest to hack a codex into my storage, to go on with research. Now I am wondering whether one is supposed to get all of them (doesnt seem so, since the special project uses up your drill). So do I understand correctly, that you have to decide which voodoo type you want to have and select the corresponding codex?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3522 on: November 11, 2016, 12:42:54 am »
Yes, that is correct. Add one of the 4 and research it (standard Bonaventura comes from the green one). Each codex unlocks 2 voodoo schools, and, soon to come, one of 4 Bonaventura Hulls, and 3 buyable ships (eventually; only Scorpion and Turtle are already in).

Offline lancev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: November 11, 2016, 01:56:00 am »
Ok, thanks!

I was just checking the research tree and noticed that the Stargod Operative depends on Voodoo:Illusion.
Not sure whether Im reading that correctly, but doesnt that mean that I run into a dead end when I choose the green codex?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3524 on: November 11, 2016, 02:57:22 am »
Right! I need to change that.