Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3691343 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99E - 8 Nov - Dawn of the Living Dead
« Reply #3525 on: November 11, 2016, 07:33:32 pm »
Mind if we reduce the amount of emerals needed for a bio-suit from 3 to 2?
Additionally could we get a mission to obtain more of those emeralds? Like the gillman pyramid for a larger loot of ruby? Thx skipper

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3526 on: November 11, 2016, 07:36:58 pm »
I'm not reducing the requirements, but the 'emerald pyramid' mission is a good idea. For now, it's best to grind undersea adventures to get the stones (in addition to Mansions).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: November 11, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »
Oh nice, thanks! Maybe those space-stations can give us a treasure chest too?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: November 11, 2016, 09:26:50 pm »
I found out the hard way that we don't start with the charger laser anymore.  Unfortunately, that makes my new aircar less useful than I wanted.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: November 11, 2016, 09:29:51 pm »
Same about the aircar.  Though I got lucky and met a few reticulans soon after.

Each codex unlocks 2 voodoo schools, and, soon to come, one of 4 Bonaventura Hulls, and 3 buyable ships (eventually; only Scorpion and Turtle are already in).

Does that mean the Turtle is only for certain codices?  I remember seeing the research pretty early before but it hasn't shown up in my current game yet.

edit:  I got the grey codex.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:31:24 pm by LuigiWhatif »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3530 on: November 11, 2016, 09:59:03 pm »
Yeah the Turtle requires Green or Gold, Scorpion requires Red. Not everything's in yet, to say the least.

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play: XPiratez
« Reply #3531 on: November 12, 2016, 10:10:02 pm »
I *always* forget to assign a pilot. I only get notified of the mistake very late, when I try to intercept another craft. Please notify me earlier somehow.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: November 12, 2016, 10:20:39 pm »
I *always* forget to assign a pilot. I only get notified of the mistake very late, when I try to intercept another craft. Please notify me earlier somehow.

There is an option to auto-assign pilots.
You just have to assign the crew, pilots will be selected from the crew automatically.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: November 13, 2016, 01:06:23 am »
Can we have an option to jump to the pilot screen when are trying to make the craft do something?

Also, now that we can rescue gals more like the original crew, how about missions to rescue/abduct/recruit brainers, and have actually being able to hire them through the black market require research?  I figure runts should be available like they are now.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: November 13, 2016, 04:45:11 am »
Quote from: khade
Also, now that we can rescue gals more like the original crew, how about missions to rescue/abduct/recruit brainers, and have actually being able to hire them through the black market require research?  I figure runts should be available like they are now.
Because then your research speed is highly up to luck of how many missions you get. And you can't ramp up research speed as a reward successful play. And it means more grind.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: November 13, 2016, 05:04:25 am »
Early on it could be weighted heavily to that sort of mission.  Smart people don't grow on trees, you know... Unless they are pod people maybe.

This sort of change would require that the game timeline depend more on you than on actual dates, if you've gotten specific research items done or gotten particularly notable and unlocked the next stage of the game.

Another option, which I believe has been suggested before is to have you not purchase brainers but put the resources towards finding suitable Ubers for your crew, you then have to go and recruit them.  I'd set that one up to be cheaper than the eventual outright purchasing/hiring of brainers, but with the negative of not knowing when you'll actually find someone and the requirement of going over there to get them, along with the persuading their current employers/masters to let them go.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99E.1 - 13 Nov - Dead in Space
« Reply #3536 on: November 13, 2016, 05:06:20 am »
No worries, I won't limit access to Brainers. The cash is a good limiter as it is (in the XCOM economy model). That rescuing people stuff isn't meant as a game balance change, just extra flavour.

Now then... E.1 released, and inside, a surprise of mad science... Space Missions are finally a thing. Just don't freak out... they never meant to be easy. Check the change log, also check how to update your saves - the transition to 'choices' system is complete, with 4 unique Ventura-like crafts (no separate maps yet, tho - just recolor). Have fun, and I'm scaling down the mod developement till after Christmas.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 13, 2016, 12:26:35 pm »
No worries, I won't limit access to Brainers. The cash is a good limiter as it is (in the XCOM economy model). That rescuing people stuff isn't meant as a game balance change, just extra flavour.

Now then... E.1 released, and inside, a surprise of mad science... Space Missions are finally a thing. Just don't freak out... they never meant to be easy. Check the change log, also check how to update your saves - the transition to 'choices' system is complete, with 4 unique Ventura-like crafts (no separate maps yet, tho - just recolor). Have fun, and I'm scaling down the mod developement till after Christmas.

As I see I should have the choice between the 4 colors, but I can start only three. The golden project needs a 'sleek Hull' and produces a 'menacing hull', which is different from the other three.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3538 on: November 13, 2016, 12:52:56 pm »
Dammit, I put the required item in the place of produced item and vice versa...

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: November 13, 2016, 02:43:47 pm »
Have fun, and I'm scaling down the mod developement till after Christmas.
At last, now we have chance to play to the end! Because will be no "Wow! Update! I want to begin new game for full experience!" ;D Thank you. Dioxine.