Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3685135 times)

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99C - 3 Sep - Death In Smoke
« Reply #3285 on: September 07, 2016, 01:43:49 am »
What is a roleplaying gun?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3286 on: September 07, 2016, 02:24:15 am »
Gun that a player choses for roleplaying reasons, not because it has the best stats.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: September 07, 2016, 11:15:16 pm »
Gun that a player choses for roleplaying reasons, not because it has the best stats.

The Officer's Pistol is a damn good weapon, considering you could possibly get it in the first month. With the new shop it is pushed back some time, which is definately better balanced.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3288 on: September 07, 2016, 11:44:03 pm »
You can still get it early, but only in limited numbers and with no source of ammo.

Offline yotc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: September 08, 2016, 04:44:02 am »
The Officer's Pistol is a damn good weapon, considering you could possibly get it in the first month. With the new shop it is pushed back some time, which is definately better balanced.

:Commissar:

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: September 10, 2016, 01:58:02 am »
I have a question for Dioxine. With all these psi-vision, magic wands and fairy suits, is your game (and i prefer piratez truly a new game) still science fiction, or it is a fantasy now?

The magic wands and voodoo suits are actually alien psi-tech. The gals just don't know what it is, so they consider it magic. The Ethereals Star Gods likely encourage this as they'd rather Earth stay ignorant and more easily controled. In the timeframe of Apocalypse (and also XCOM 2 in the Firaxis timeline) the aliens started deploying more non-standard technology like the dimensional gates and energy shields and cloaking and phasing units, so they likely had it all along but didn't want to use it against Earth initially. Elerium-115 Hellerium-511 is special stuff.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: September 10, 2016, 03:36:12 pm »
I'm a bit puzzled about how 'sway government' missions are suppose to work.

In my current game, the traders have been running sway government missions in North America every month for the entire game. Every country in North America has been converted for years now, and yet the traders keep coming with their cruisers and their terror ships... Every month. Even after researching Family Ties.

At first I thought this was a bug. But I've just had a look at the source code, and it looks as though it is actually working normally.

Here's some code from "void AlienMission::think(Game &engine, const Globe &globe)"
Code: [Select]
if (_rule.getObjective() == OBJECTIVE_INFILTRATION && _nextWave == _rule.getWaveCount())
{
for (std::vector<Country*>::iterator c = game.getCountries()->begin(); c != game.getCountries()->end(); ++c)
{
if (!(*c)->getPact() && !(*c)->getNewPact() && mod.getRegion(_region)->insideRegion((*c)->getRules()->getLabelLongitude(), (*c)->getRules()->getLabelLatitude()))
{
(*c)->setNewPact();
spawnAlienBase(globe, engine, _rule.getSpawnZone());
break;
}
}
https:// Infiltrations loop for ever.
_nextWave = 0;
}

And here's the function which usually determines when a mission can be deleted...
Code: [Select]
bool AlienMission::isOver() const
{
if (_rule.getObjective() == OBJECTIVE_INFILTRATION)
{
https://Infiltrations continue for ever.
return false;
}
if (_nextWave == _rule.getWaveCount() && !_liveUfos)
{
return true;
}
return false;
}

The Bootypedia implies that shooting down the ships can stop the mission. But as far as I can tell, nothing can stop them, and they just keep coming and coming, every month, regardless of what you do. Is this really what is intended? Maybe endless infiltration missions are ok in vanilla xcom, but since xPiratez games last much longer, I don't think it's a good system.

[edit]
While I'm here, I'd also like to suggest that "Bane of the {0}" commendations be renamed to just "Bane of {0}". Because as it is, the names don't quite look right...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:38:47 pm by karadoc »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3292 on: September 10, 2016, 04:18:25 pm »
The 'Sway Govt' is basically the vanilla Infiltration mission. Only it was removed from the general mission table and put on mission scripts (so it can be deleted by a tech); maybe that causes the code to go haywire?. TBH, I wouldn't mind optional vanilla behaviour change on this mission (namely, it converts just a single country, instead of going on and on; and secondly, making it stoppable with interceptions, since the vanilla behaviour makes the mission auto-succed once it starts).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: September 10, 2016, 04:44:48 pm »
The 'Sway Govt' is basically the vanilla Infiltration mission. Only it was removed from the general mission table and put on mission scripts (so it can be deleted by a tech); maybe that causes the code to go haywire?. TBH, I wouldn't mind optional vanilla behaviour change on this mission (namely, it converts just a single country, instead of going on and on; and secondly, making it stoppable with interceptions, since the vanilla behaviour makes the mission auto-succed once it starts).

Thanks for reminding, I even promised people in one of the previous videos to check if the bootypedia is correct or wrong (note: it's wrong).
The mission can be deleted by tech, but that doesn't stop the missions already in progress, those will go indefinitely.

I'll add some more ruleset options (like I added for endless retaliation loop) to stop infiltration after some conditions:
a/ stopping after X converted countries
b/ stopping with interceptions? not sure how that should work?  ??? maybe % chance with each shot down ship to stop the mission?

PS: also bootypedia says workers give 4 space... but they give 5

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3294 on: September 10, 2016, 06:52:23 pm »
Makes sense. The OG led me to believe that alien mission can be aborted by interceptions, while it can only be delayed.
A % chance to stop in alienMissions (aborting all subsequent waves as well) after each successful interception makes sense.

Offline Proboscis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: September 10, 2016, 08:21:02 pm »
I'm a bit puzzled about how 'sway government' missions are suppose to work.

In my current game, the traders have been running sway government missions in North America every month for the entire game.

I always thought this was a bug that was impossible to fix, because every game I've played, I've had it happen. As of today in my latest campaign, the Academy has been throwing those missions down on Europe every month for something like three or four years. It was cool when I needed stuff from them, but now I sorta... don't. It also led to a near-loss because they kept throwing bases down in and around Europe until I finally got Family Ties.

I mean, at least I unlocked voodoo fairly early due to it. In two of my other games though, I got Mercenaries and Traders, and the Mercenaries were near-impossible to fight at the time.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99C.1 - 10 Sep - Become an Idol!
« Reply #3296 on: September 10, 2016, 11:43:21 pm »
0.99C.1 upload with bugfixes and a couple of suprises is up! Have fun!

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: September 11, 2016, 06:51:27 am »
As promised somewhere, I'm now playing on the second difficulty, enemy armor at the correct amount is irritating :)

niculinux

« Reply #3298 on: September 11, 2016, 02:12:00 pm »
Dioxine, a little "sneak-peak" on Stardom, if i may?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3299 on: September 11, 2016, 03:11:19 pm »