aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3691611 times)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97D - 29 Jan - High Times
« Reply #1965 on: January 31, 2016, 07:10:11 pm »
What I would like to do if I could borrow some of your weapons - is build a 'Ninja Warrior' mod.

It would use the Fuso Sword, Ninja Stars, Fuso Knives at al weapons. My concern though is would they work outside the Piratez environment?

I think I will get the armor from Xops mod.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1966 on: January 31, 2016, 07:13:54 pm »
What I would like to do if I could borrow some of your weapons - is build a 'Ninja Warrior' mod.

It would use the Fuso Sword, Ninja Stars, Fuso Knives at al weapons. My concern though is would they work outside the Piratez environment?

If you use OpenXCom Extended, I can't see any problems.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 31, 2016, 08:17:59 pm »
Overall I have some plans for Ninja theme in next OXCE version. Like when moving through dark places your are less likely to get reaction shoots.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 31, 2016, 08:29:52 pm »
Overall I have some plans for Ninja theme in next OXCE version. Like when moving through dark places your are less likely to get reaction shoots.

;D ;D ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1969 on: January 31, 2016, 08:53:03 pm »
Yankes, I don't want to be too greedy, but what do you think about introducing reduced spotting distance for some units? I mean spotting them at distances that are closer than seeing range, for example 10 tiles instead of normal 20 (per day).
This would probably be an armour feature. I think it would be best expressed in decimals; so
Code: [Select]
stealth: 0.5 in the armour code would mean that you can only spot them at half the normal distance.
Obviously this would enable stealth units (ninjas) without any dirty tricks regarding invisibility.

In a more advanced version, stealth would be a derived stat from the unit's TUs, Reactions and maybe Melee Accuracy, and also with possible bonus from armour (dark clothes, stealth fields etc.) But that's probably too heavy, at least until introduction of adding new custom stats.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 31, 2016, 09:09:56 pm »
First of all I don't know how it will work and I don't want know, I will simply expose required parts of engine to script and rest will be DIY :)

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 31, 2016, 11:20:49 pm »
I was just browsing through the Bootypaedia for the nth time when I realized that, with a decent damage roll, the Fusion Torch could cut through a UFO's outer wall.

Why am I just now realizing this?
Heh, that's what they were added for. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1972 on: February 01, 2016, 01:25:14 am »

No need to ask, just credit me where it's due. Sword and Knives bigobs are from Diablo, handob for knives is Warboy (?), mine are ninja stars bigob, sword handob and all projectiles.

I'd be very careful with stealth options, as it would mess up the current Reactions & Mutual Surprise mechanics that are supposed to simulate stealth. If we added stealth, we'd need to make default vision range = unlimited, for starters, and second, derive some mechanics on how stealth is interdependant with Reactions, and also add spotting skill to counter stealth, and how it is interdependant with Reactions.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 01, 2016, 10:17:05 am »
Thanks Dioxine. Will work on extracting items out later today. Probably create one that can be used in normal OpenXcom as well. Will see how it goes.

Another thing that is different for me is that I havent built any interceptors. I have researched up to Brave Whaler but for some reason I prefer assaulting Ground Landings. This is probably best in the early games ( I have played 14 game months) but as it goes on. You start seeing Bomber runs, gold transport and others. I normally use the Ventura and two pachyderms to transport soldiers.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: February 01, 2016, 08:23:54 pm »
I'd be very careful with stealth options, as it would mess up the current Reactions & Mutual Surprise mechanics that are supposed to simulate stealth. If we added stealth, we'd need to make default vision range = unlimited, for starters, and second, derive some mechanics on how stealth is interdependant with Reactions, and also add spotting skill to counter stealth, and how it is interdependant with Reactions.
I plan that by default nothing will be change (only maybe small corner cases). Rest will be up to modder to change as it see fit.
Mechanism will be two staged, first will be calculating value in range from 0 to 100 based on acting unit. After that reacting unit will get that number and modify it.
Result value will be used for probability of each reaction shoot normally available for that unit in that situation. Failed reaction shoots will not cost anything.
This mean 0 no reaction shoots, 100 current behavior.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: February 02, 2016, 09:54:56 pm »
What does Voodoo Mastery refer to? The Ghost Dagger is surprisingly effective. I even took down a tank!!

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 02, 2016, 10:43:30 pm »
What does Voodoo Mastery refer to?
not-Psi-Strength.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 04, 2016, 12:47:38 am »
What do I need to get Nuclear Laser Ammo, again?

I got the MPG and the related tech from Humanist Files, but I seem to be missing something more.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1978 on: February 04, 2016, 01:11:05 am »
What do I need to get Nuclear Laser Ammo, again?

I got the MPG and the related tech from Humanist Files, but I seem to be missing something more.

Have you tried the Tech Viewer from this thread: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4106.0.html ??

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 04, 2016, 08:13:08 am »
That's awesome! Thank you!

Turns out I'm missing a Broken Academy Engineer.