Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3692264 times)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97C - 15 Jan - Privatizing World Peace
« Reply #1935 on: January 26, 2016, 09:20:40 am »
^You will replay this one. Believe me. It has massive re-playability factor.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: January 26, 2016, 03:41:35 pm »

Maybe we will get a 0.97DD with some sprites from Bloax  ;D

No way! Only as optional stuff! I love original Dioxine paperdolls, they remainds me of original game. And they was hellofa work!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1937 on: January 26, 2016, 05:11:07 pm »
No worries, Bloax sprites will be added as a mod when fully done, they do not fit my vision of things so can only be optional. Although I might steal a thing or 2 from him for the basic version (almost definitely the synthsuit for its fetish value, maybe also the muscle structure on the body but this would require some recoloring effort and TONS of gfx updating work) :)

Also, waiting for 1.0 can take a looong time, as I will be drawing this out before I'm fully satisfied, but to each their own. 0.97D should be released before week's end, but I'm quite torn on the expendable medical items, especially on the expensive ones (it's all fine with Bandages or Beer, but I don't like the 'too awesome to use' situation, and such might arise with Combat Drugs or Rum).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:38:08 pm by Dioxine »

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: January 26, 2016, 06:30:40 pm »
No worries, Bloax sprites will be added as a mod when fully done, they do not fit my vision of things so can only be optional. Although I might steal a thing or 2 from him for the basic version (almost definitely the synthsuit for its fetish value, maybe also the muscle structure on the body but this would require some recoloring effort and TONS of gfx updating work) :)

Also, waiting for 1.0 can take a looong time, as I will be drawing this out before I'm fully satisfied, but to each their own. 0.97D should be released before week's end, but I'm quite torn on the expendable medical items, especially on the expensive ones (it's all fine with Bandages or Beer, but I don't like the 'too awesome to use' situation, and such might arise with Combat Drugs or Rum).

Maybe it will be good to separate specific drug from combat drugs for manufacturing brute armour  and make it rare item (as a variant craft it from reticulans stuff). Basic Combat Drugs can be made less rare and more affordable then.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: January 26, 2016, 09:25:22 pm »
Started using laser in loadouts. I am now able to manufacture for the rect's weapon and the hydra.

Got better weapons including the disc and the 37mm rifle.

PS nice humour on the 'Attack of Violent Flare Females'
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:20:13 pm by Cristao »

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: January 27, 2016, 10:21:04 pm »
A while back in this thread i saw some talk about your ships risk being boarded mid-air, and the risk of enemy reinforcements when in battlescape. Do these things happen later in the game (mid-late game), because i haven't encountered this yet (i guess i'm still in early game)?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1941 on: January 28, 2016, 12:10:38 am »
You're making things up, dude :) Sadly all of this is impossible. What has changed, I've explained before.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 28, 2016, 05:12:26 am »
You're making things up, dude :) Sadly all of this is impossible. What has changed, I've explained before.

It was on january 15 i asked. The patch notes said "- RMP updates for Pirate ships. Expect to be boarded now."

You then explained "Yes. Up to this point, pirate ships were using dummy RMPs (movement Route MaPs for AI units). Meaning, the enemies could board your landing ship ONLY IF they spotted someone onboard and were in hot pursuit. No longer. Since the ships have fully-fledged RMPs now, the enemies will check them out as per normal patrol routine, if they're nearby and dice rolls tell them to do that, even if none of your soldiers has been spotted yet."

Zharkov then said  "just maintain course and speed and you will understand soon!"

I guess i misunderstood something, so i don't have to worry about getting boarded after all :P

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: January 28, 2016, 05:32:17 am »
I guess i misunderstood something, so i don't have to worry about getting boarded after all :P

Yes you can, the enemy can come aboard the craft while it is landed (ie: terror missions, crashes and landed craft) not while airborn (at least not yet AFAIK)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1944 on: January 28, 2016, 06:33:32 am »
Geez, Zharkov was just messing you up, dude ;)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 28, 2016, 06:37:26 am »
Geez, Zharkov was just messing you up, dude ;)

And I've had had 10 hrs sleep over the past 3 days - guess which wins  :o

And I still can't hit the sack for another 5 hrs - Stupid course work  >:(
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:39:43 am by Roxis231 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1946 on: January 28, 2016, 06:46:16 am »
Indeed you're sleep-deprived Roxis, I wasn't even talking to you :) Airborne boarding will never be possible in this game. Probably.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: January 28, 2016, 06:49:28 am »
Indeed you're sleep-deprived Roxis, I wasn't even talking to you :) Airborne boarding will never be possible in this game. Probably.

Sorry - curently running on coffee - Just have to finish these last few things and then I might have a chance to leave early.

Offline Gyuudon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: January 29, 2016, 07:38:06 am »
Is it possible for this engine to allow you to check the Bootypedia in the inventory screen or something? The selection of weapons and armors are so overwhelming that I would probably need a huge printout of it next to me to optimize what Gals wear what, heh.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: January 29, 2016, 07:45:14 am »
Check out this thread

Dixone has changed X-Piratez a while to use Meridian's custom Exe, but I'm not sure which version.

I usually update to the latest version - it adds all-sorts of new piratey things to the game.