Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3691774 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97C - 15 Jan - Privatizing World Peace
« Reply #1920 on: January 23, 2016, 10:27:50 pm »
Short sword is based mostly on Melee (*0.3), so you can get +45 damage with 150 melee :) However strength is almost irrelevant - even score of 90 gives you only +9 damage.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 24, 2016, 03:33:53 pm »
Does the combat shotgun gain any improvements? It is interesting the weapons you have to keep just in case they are an ingredient for an endgame weapon

Offline Quanti

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 24, 2016, 04:16:48 pm »
Well, I finished my first game yesterday and I feel like pouring some love out.

This mod has probably been my favourite "XCom" experience I've ever had. Certainly it's been the longest, while I can beat the original Xcom and the Firaxis remake in 2 days of serious playing, this one's taken me a month to beat, which isn't a bad thing. Usually I couldn't be bothered playing something for that long but the variety of gameplay that's brought to the table through the research tree keeps the game fresh as you progress from flintlocks and bows to plasma and the really interesting options brought to the table by voodoo magic.

I think my favourite parts of all of it is just how many options you have for building a team with the different armours and enormous amounts of weapons letting you come up with tonnes of compositions. As opposed to the original where it was all heavy plasma and maybe some bombs, smoke grenades and tanks. The team I brought to the final mission had 4 different loadouts, a tank and a bunch of mercenaries, and I'm already forming some ideas as to what I want to do for my team for a second playthrough. After all, I didn't end up using dogs or half the armours/weapons because of how much there was (ayy replay value). I almost want to start again immediately but I want to see what's next to be added in.
Anyway, I just wanted to gush for a moment about what I spent my last month doing. Maybe I'll change my tune when I get off the easiest difficulty so that enemies can take hits and shoot straight, filling my memorial and my frustration higher than it was.

To add some actual input, I think there should be an option to disassemble some of the armours, an example of this being the harbinger armour, as it isn't used in the manufacturing of the final power armour which I can't remember the name of. While the armour isn't made automatically useless, it's 4 power armour parts you can't get back any of to put towards the more advanced stuff.

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 24, 2016, 04:46:53 pm »
I have just raided a Destroyer and man ... all those chairs. They just look like toilets. Like the ship is some kind of a giant portable WC  ;D

EDIT: It's a Bomber, not a Destroyer...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:23:40 pm by Galwail »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 24, 2016, 05:22:13 pm »
Decided to be brave and take a star god mission. Well I had no choice - It was  a progrom and it is shaping up to be a nightmare. Several soldiers down. I had to use HEs to kill the basterds and the kills are inconsistent. One I had to use three archers peppering the guy. Another my acid Kustom Blunderbuss killed and then had no effect on the other. Well now I have one cornered. I hope these twats dont resurrect from the dead. I am deaf taking one home for interrogation.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 25, 2016, 12:21:34 pm »
Unless you have a lot of voodoo researches done before hand there is no reason for you to capture them,try interogating the church of sirius before you die from invisible armor ignoring plasma shots.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 25, 2016, 01:03:28 pm »
Captured him by luck. He passed out before he could die and he was the last one!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1927 on: January 25, 2016, 03:59:25 pm »
Customized equipment space on a per-armor basis is the next thing... for good or bad. Upside: swimsuit now weighs zero instead of that ridiculous number from before.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1928 on: January 25, 2016, 04:11:28 pm »
Customized equipment space on a per-armor basis is the next thing... for good or bad. Upside: swimsuit now weighs zero instead of that ridiculous number from before.

I always felt that 'embarrassing'  weight was a bit ridiculous considering that the default suit is not that far away. But removing inventory space would make a lot of sense.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: January 25, 2016, 04:30:10 pm »
By the way, since Piratez adds the extra QD slot, and since the belt has been reorganized to allow a 2x2 item, wouldn't it be better to get back to 6 slots, like this :
QD   BELT
[]   [][]
[]   [][]

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1930 on: January 25, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »
Naw, I'm keeping the enlarged belt space as it is, in part because there is so much stuff you can take with you in Piratez, from knives to stun weapons to various bombs and grenades to motion scanners. However, many early outfits have backpack space reduced by 3 or 6, and all energy armors have 2 belt slots taken by the shield gen (just like every flying armor bar the lightest one has backpack space taken by jetpack).

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1931 on: January 25, 2016, 05:45:33 pm »
The immersion level just boosted significantly.   The capability to limit inventories to armors in this way is absolutely terrific!  I can't wait to see the end results. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1932 on: January 25, 2016, 06:29:20 pm »
Thanks are due to Meridian for allowing this to happen with his code :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: January 25, 2016, 07:35:04 pm »
That's pretty awesome indeed! Looking forward to 0.97D/0.98!

Maybe we will get a 0.97DD with some sprites from Bloax  ;D

Offline Gyuudon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 26, 2016, 07:36:30 am »
Stumbled upon this mod via LPs while waiting for X-Com 2 - pressed with a dilemma... I see that it's not 1.0 and its actively being built upon still.

Should I wait for a "1.00" release for a full experience of this mod? Looking at LPs from 0.95 to now, it seems like things are constantly being changed. Played a few hours of it and enjoyed it... but I'm just not much of a replay person.